It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:18 am

Free Newsletter

Courts Progress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Courts Progress

Postby court » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:52 am

Wow i have just been reading through everyones posts and i think you are all fantastic and so motivated. Special metion to the people that are keeping other people on track! You are lifesavers.
I have lost a lot of weight in the past - but put a bit back on in the last 2 years. I realised that i actually wasnt eating ENOUGH and regularly - only three "big"ish meals a day with generally a bit of a binge int he evenings, and thats why I was putting on weight. Who joins a gym and puts on 2.5kgs?! Only me i guess. So here i am - still exercising regularly, but eating 6 small meals a day and drinking 2L of water a day. Thankfully the weight has started shifting :) So happy to report i have lost 3.4kg's in the last 3 weeks :) So i will be keeping track of my progress and hopefully the 15kg's I am planning on losing will eventually all fall off!
So good luck everyone on your journeys! I only joined on here yesterday but am already addicted :)
Take care and we can all do this together!
Court x
court

Re: Courts Progress

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:41 am

Congratulations on your weight loss so far! It's great that you've found an eating pattern and exercise routine that works for you. I'm sure you'll lose those 15kg before you know it.

Good luck!

Ali
EvilWombatQueen

Postby court » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:45 am

thanks so much Ali! Wow i just looked at your ticker i am jealous of where you are up to! :) Wish i was that far! Can i ask how long has your journey been so far? :)
court
court

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:59 pm

Haha. The timeframe is the one thing they don't tell you on the ticker. And it's the one thing that would probably deflate all of that admiration I get by being so close to goal. It's taken me over three years to lose about 10kg! :lol:

I try to look at my slow weight loss in a positive way. While shows like The Biggest Loser champion losing as much weight in as short a time frame as possible I think there are benefits to losing slowly. Your skin gets a chance to shrink to match your body resulting in no sagginess. Once you've been healthy for three years it's easier to see all those dietary and exercise changes as permanent features in your life. And statistically the slower you lose the weight the more likely you are to keep it off. Also I think it's good for other slow losers to have someone on the forum they can talk to about their journey! Sometimes you can get the feeling that you're the only one who doesn't lose over a kilo per week. I'm living proof that even a kilo every six months is still something to be happy about! :D
EvilWombatQueen

Postby court » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:22 pm

Quite the contrary I ENVY that you have lost it over a long period of time! It shows that you have patience and tolerance! I am afriad that the week I dont lose weight I will go and hide in a corner...So those are the times when I will think - you know what "this person and that person" has done it over a period of time and this is a change of LIFE not a change that I want to have and maintain over a 6 month period.. I lost 17kg's in 3 months - by cutting out WHITE and exercising...my body must have hated me for it...I havent put it all back on by any means - i am still 14kg's lighter than I was at my heaviest but i have a bit to go. I would love to be in the 60's i cant remember a time when i was!
Thanks :) I am looking forward to getting to the stage you are at!
court

Postby mindy32 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:39 pm

Welcome Court, and good luck! 3.4kg in 3 weeks is great, and such good motivation to kick start you!

Looking forward to following your journey, as Ali said I'm sure you'll loose that 15kg in no time

<3 Belle
*****Belinda*****
'Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind'
mindy32

Postby court » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:03 am

Thanks Belle!!!! :)
court

Return to Personal Progress