It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:50 pm

Free Newsletter

Keep Thinking Thin

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: Keep Thinking Thin

Postby Shalimar » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:53 pm

How's things going tt, I hope the positivity you woke up with the other morning has been ongoing :D .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby think - thin » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:15 pm

Just came on quickly to update

Today I think I did well. Although I didnt do any excerise. Only got home not long ago, was out all day

breakfast - english muffin
lunch - multigrain sandwhich with ham tomato and cheese
dinner - pork and salad

oh i had a little bit of chocolate, from my friend for easter, but i refused any food at her house so thats good.
JESSIKA

Start Weight (2.1.09) 89.6kg
29.3.09 - 84.4kg
18.4.09 - 87.3kg :(
Total Loss : 5.2kg
think - thin

Postby candycane » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:19 am

Hi Jessika,

There are thousands of diets, theories and books on weightloss. Only trial and error will really teach you what you should and shouldnt do for your body. A couple of books i reccommend are 'abs diet' or 'crunch time' by michelle bridges. Both revolve around eating healthy whole foods. I personally just bought crunch time a week ago but i think it's really good especially if your starting out because it goes through all the basics regarding calories, exercise and food and also goes through the psychological aspects, it also has sample eating plans and recipes. It's only $20 at kmart. Abs diet is also good but it's a bit more focussed to men then women.,

http://www.calorieking.com.au is good for calorie counting, you put in what you eat through the day and it adds it all up and you can put in exercise as well.

http://www.michellebridges.com.au has a review of the book i sugges on it also.

Good luck let us know how you are going :)
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Postby think - thin » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:39 am

Thanks Candycane.

Well yesterday I think I did ok again.

B- multigrain toast
m/t-
l- tuna and corn with vitweets
a/t - fruit
d-chicken stir fry

i had i think at least 2 liters of water too
JESSIKA

29.3.09 - 84.4kg
think - thin

Postby candycane » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:25 pm

that's good, i think you probably need some snacks.

For example, with me - i aim for 3 meals between 300 and 350 cals, and two snacks no more then 150 cals each. I eat most of my carbs through the day - so that i don't overload before im going to bed (ie not going to run it off) - which means protein and veggies for dinner.

2 litres of water is fantastic. Your body would be loving that :)
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Postby think - thin » Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:10 am

Yesterday I sprained my ankle so I didnt excerise.

b- tomato and cheese toasted mult sandwhich
mt- 2 tiny (about 50 cent coin size) scones
l- like spag bowl but with rice and carrot
a/t - 2 vitweets
d- 1.5 pies.

There was a little bit of a drama last night so we got pies on the way home. Bad I know. And I know bad I didnt have any fruit either. About to go weigh in. Wish me luck
JESSIKA

29.3.09 - 84.4kg
think - thin

Postby think - thin » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:30 pm

Things just are not going my way, and what a downer that is. Anyone who does not know me, and cant see me must think I am full off it.

I have a sprained ankle, the flu, a ear infection and a chill in my back

HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN. WHY WOULD IT HAPPEN TO ANYONE ????
JESSIKA

29.3.09 - 84.4kg
think - thin

Postby soon2bayummymummy » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:29 pm

o darls, life sux when everything goes down hill. How was ur day today?
soon2bayummymummy

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:09 pm

think - thin wrote:Things just are not going my way, and what a downer that is. Anyone who does not know me, and cant see me must think I am full off it.

I have a sprained ankle, the flu, a ear infection and a chill in my back

HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN. WHY WOULD IT HAPPEN TO ANYONE ????

Wow. The universe has two targets for sabotage. I thought I was the only lucky, special, chosen one! :lol:

Since deciding to lose weight I've developed plantar fasciitis, a painful foot condition which makes running difficult, strained back muscles, which makes all other exercise difficult, and now that I seem to be better from both I've got a bloody cold!

Luckily I'm used to this after several years of the universe f***ing up my best laid plans. So now I just go with the flow. Once you learn to laugh and shrug it's no longer the big deal it used to be.

I hope you feel better soon!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Mandie » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:20 pm

Oooh, me too, the universe hates my efforts to exercise! I sprained my wrist, leading to severe ligament damage, requiring an operation and now I have permanent weakness and chronic pain in my wrist - no weight bearing allowed (no push ups or tricep dips, essentially).

Then I got a trapped nerve in my elbow, so an op for that and no lifting for 8 weeks..

And now, this year, just after I started really getting into training again, and starting to enjoy running, got another condition in a more.. personal area.. requiring an operation, 6 days in hospital, and 4 weeks total of BED REST! Argh!

I'm not giving up though - still seeing my PT once a week to do upper body stuff, and I'm watching what I eat.. and I am really looking forward to getting back into exercising.

The key is to stay focussed - let your body rest and heal, but do what you can - make sure you eat really healthy, especially when you are not exercising.. and get ready to get back into it when you can - slowly as you need to to build your fitness back up!

We all get tested.. the question is whether we crumble in a heap or get right back up and move on!
Mandie

Postby Shalimar » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:42 pm

You poor, poor girls, I hope you all get over your ills, chills and injuries really soon.

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby soon2bayummymummy » Sun May 03, 2009 3:52 pm

hows ur day been?
soon2bayummymummy

Postby think - thin » Mon May 04, 2009 9:50 am

I did the heath and mind test thing in the daily telegraph yesterday and I scored terribly. :x :? :shock: Actually I got a extremly bad result. Way under half way :oops:

And what a bl@@dy wake up call it was. I wrote down all the hints and tips they gave me and I am going to try so hard to stick to it.

So this morning I have woken up in such a positive mood. and had tropical all barn for breakfast, and am going to get a chicken and salad roll for lunch while I am out. Will have fruit when I get home and dinner, not to sure yet.

Have to go back to the dr today so will ask if its ok if I start walking again, with my foot still being sore. If not I will come home and do some weights and just some home excerise.

Oh bugger, I have work commitments tonight, So will try and eat something before I go, or take it with me :oops:

Oh and another thing it said was to stretch everyday which I never do. I have had problems with my neck for 2 years now, so cant wait to see the results.
JESSIKA

29.3.09 - 84.4kg
think - thin

Postby think - thin » Tue May 12, 2009 7:51 pm

Just thought I would quickly come on and update seeming I have been so, so bad !!!

Yesterday me foot got finally cleared, so back to trying to get fit and lose some of this weight. I have a beach wedding in October so I really cant put it off any longer. I was a little emotional today at work, so I kind of "did the emotional eating thing"

I got up late so only had a coffee in the morning, Tommorrow my aim is to make sure I get up early enough to eat breakfast because I know how important it is.
So today I ate

breakfast - coffee
morning tea - I had 2 mini cheese and ham puff things :cry: BAD I KNOW. I FELT SO GUILTY, BUT COZ THERE MY FAV FROM WORK I JUST ATE IT :cry:
lunch- chicken and mushroom pasta (only 1 bowl, normally I would go for seconds)
afternoon tea - some apple slices and a manadrine
dinner - 2 cheese, tomato and ham brevilles. Yeah I know 1 should have been enough

Tuesday nights hubby plays footy so we dont cook that night. And I have decided to go with him tonight, I am all ready in my tracksuit and I am going to walk the dogs, while he is playing. Not sure how long I will last with my foot but I will give it a go.
And I am so proud that I did my stretching during the day. My body is so tight and I am finding it hard to cope lately.

Tommorrow. I am going to try and not eat at work. The fruit part I will but I need to have some fish intake for the week and taking tuna and vita weets for lunch
JESSIKA

29.3.09 - 84.4kg
think - thin

Postby soon2bayummymummy » Mon May 18, 2009 7:50 pm

hows things going?
soon2bayummymummy

Previous

Return to Personal Progress