It is currently Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:52 am

Free Newsletter

Amethyst's Loss

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: Amethyst's Loss

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:46 am

I'm glad you're taking it so positively, Amethyst. I'm sure things will work out for you with that attitude!

It's great that your boyfriend is going to be your weight loss buddy. The only caution I'd give is not to be too competitive! Men usually lose weight more easily than women. It can be really frustrating when you're working just as hard but not seeing the same results.

Good luck with the walking. Is there any chore or destination that can ensure walking is a regular thing for you? Even just walking to go and get the paper or a litre of milk every day ensures you get out of the house.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Amethyst » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:59 pm

Yeah I know men lose more than women. But I think I'm also more dedicated than him. At least for the moment.

I do need to find something to get me walking. Need to think on that.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wx5Tquf/]
[/url]
Amethyst

Postby panda87 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:16 pm

Hi
If you're thinking about whether to buy The Gabriel Method book, and tossing up if its worth the price - have look on amazon. I saw it there for $8 + postage (used copy). Of course, if you want all the bonus's, you'll have to buy it from him.

Just noticed there hasn't been much activity here for a while, so maybe you've decided if you need it or not already.

Anyway, good luck with your weight loss
:-)
Panda
panda87

Postby panda87 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:21 pm

Ah. I'm new to the site, and I hadn't noticed the back and forward buttons
oops
Panda
panda87

Postby Shalimar » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:02 am

Amethyst wrote:Yeah I know men lose more than women. But I think I'm also more dedicated than him. At least for the moment.

I do need to find something to get me walking. Need to think on that.

Hi Amethyst, I dont if this will help but if you find yourself needing an 'excuse' to go walking how about walking to the supermarket for your fruit and veg, milk, bread or whatever you need.
It may be enough to get you started.

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby Amethyst » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:09 am

Well the "supermarket" is just across the road so it's not a real challenge. I don't drive anyway. Plus grandma usually gets the groceries. Went for a long walk today. Wasn't real fast for some of it as I slowed to take pics and look at the wildlife. I guess that isn't the point. I'll be going out again over the week. hopefully everyday.

Weighed in at 74.3kg this morning. Grr. Think it was the icecream last night that did me in. or more importanly the chocolate topping. The ice-cream was of the light variety not that the 2 bowls helped. A 400g gain isn't that much though and my walk should have helped, despite the fried Dinner and the icecream and icing sugar with my strawberries.

Tomorrow is another day.
[/url]
Amethyst

Postby Miss Jo » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:48 am

hey amethyst, i'm not sure how much water you drink. BUT I've been drinking more than normal and it has helped. Over the weekend i was 66.9 - 68.5, drank heaps of water and im back down to 67.5... planning to drinks lots today! =)
1st GW: 64kg
Final GW: 60kg

Postby Amethyst » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:07 pm

Yes I'm trying to up my water again. Used to drink a fair bit of water at the start of this journey. But I slacked off. Knowing it helps you helps too. (Just had some more water) :D Thanks Miss Jo.
[/url]
Amethyst

Postby Amethyst » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:11 pm

Unfortunately I gained another 300g over the week so I'm now up to 74.6kg. It wasn't entirely unexpected and I did exercise late last night. Planning for a big loss next week though.
[/url]
Amethyst

Postby Shalimar » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:24 pm

My fingers are crossed for you Amethyst :wink: .

Shalimar

Postby B'sgirl » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:06 pm

Not to worry hun, just stick with it this week & you may surprise yourself with a big loss next week.

Hayley
SW-90.4KGS
CW-90.4
GW-60KGS

DEC '07-59KGS
SIZE 10
B'sgirl

Postby Miss Jo » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:19 am

Good luck Amethyst! are you drinking lots of water still?!
1st GW: 64kg
Final GW: 60kg

Postby Amethyst » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:35 pm

Thanks ladies your support means a lot to me.

Yes Jo I'm my drinking is up again. Need to refil my bottle again infact. And I've realised drinking more leads to more incidental exercise. Must have burnt 10 cal fitting into my jeans again each time. Plus the little bit extra walking with the more need to travel. :lol:

Also doing 15 mins of Pilates each night. It's not what CK suggests but it's got to be better than nothing. And at the very least it's making me fitter and stronger. Noticed a bit of dif since I've started that routine.

Getting Back into CK more now I can measure a bit more what I'm eating. Def need food scales. Wonder what mum'll say when I ask for that for Xmas/birthday?

I'm slowing down on my ice cream and topping. None tonight. Aren't I good? Been resisting the lure of Pizza too. Grandma keeps suggesting Cheap Tuesdays with Dominos half a block away. Not that Pizza was ever a big vice for me.

Finally finished The Gabriel Method. I think I might re-read it and start it a bit more strongly (ie follow his advisory plan) come september. Should be able to combine CK with the book. Their not that dis-similar.

My BF's loss seems to be starting strong too from what he tells me. Think we might have very similar weightloss goals though so he'll probably be done first if he can stick to it. I must find out his height. He's tall and Male so he'll definately have a higher weight to aim for. Don't think he has a specific goal in mind though.

Wow big post from me today. And that's the weightloss news for me. Thanks again all off you wonderful supportive people, even if all you do is read this, that means something to me.
[/url]
Amethyst

Postby Shalimar » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:42 am

Good on you Amethyst, your positivity is shining through in your post and the fact it sounds as if you have planned a fair bit ahead is fantastic.
Planning ahead is one of the things I believe has kept me on track.

Good luck and have a great day :D .

Shalimar

Postby Amethyst » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:27 pm

I try very hard to plan as much as able seeing I'm rarely in charge of what I eat.

It's funny though you should wish that Shalimar. I woke up this morning after a not so good nights sleep and just felt today would be great and it was.
[/url]
Amethyst

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress