It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:40 am

Free Newsletter

Tabatha's personal progress.

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Tabatha's personal progress.

Postby Tabatha » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:22 am

Well here goes.

Starting weight: 100.7kg on the 15th April 2009.

Goal: to look HOT by Christmas 2009 but to be realistic a weight loss of 17kgs would be fantastic. :D :D :D

I have 27kgs to lose to get down to 76kgs.

A big struggle for me is finding time for myself as I am sure it is struggle for most parents. Walking, swimming and a little of exercise videos, and a schedule for me to keep track.

I really am motivated this time to do this because I am over being overweight and uncomfortable within myself :roll: . Sorry just talking about nothing. Thanks for listening. :wink:
Tabatha

Re: Tabatha's personal progress.

Postby Alexandra » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:26 am

Welcome to the forum! Good luck with your goals. It can be hard to find time and put yourself first but I think it's important! Best of luck with it all, Best wishes, Alexandra :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4nfAl9/]

HW: 127 kg
CW: 93.7 kg
GW: 68 kg
LW: 73 kg
Alexandra

Postby mindy32 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:38 pm

Welcome to the forum Tabatha. Your goals sound very achievable, good luck with them!
*****Belinda*****
'Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind'
mindy32

Postby Tabatha » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:36 pm

My plan of attack so doing ok at the moment but it has only been too days. I have decided to use this as my thing to vent.

Did walking video in morning - :D which works to have walk 1.6km and then played with the kids in the pool. I have counted that as exercise as well. Carrying around a 2 year old in the pool is great walking. Thats my way of thinking. :wink: diet went a little not so good but that is something I am really going to need to walk at. Making sure I sit and eat instead of eating on the run is my first goal.

Day two: really stuffed today have no energy and heaps of work to do. Did my walk this am and that kids had a great laugh. I normally do it when they are still in bed. Cleaning today for work and then off for a quick walk after that.

A couple of girlfriends has joined me with challenge. One is due to have a bay in 5 weeks so me and one of the girlfriends is having a mini challenge with an prize at the end of the tunnel. $100 scrapbooking voucher from our local store. Must lose more then 5kg though. I started losing weight for the voucher but now my thinking has changed and it is time to lose for me, kids, husband and a better lifestyle.
Tabatha

Postby Alexandra » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:29 pm

There's nothing wrong with small measurable mini goals along the way to give little incentives to help with the big picture - nothing at all. We all know that it is often hard to see the forest from the trees and the forest can be overwhelming, that's why little 5 kilo mini challenges are a great idea. And a scapbooking voucher - perfect! A little gift for mum that is just for "her time". No kids/hubby/housework/chores, just fun you time - I think it's great and absolutely necessary for getting to the big goal of better health and longer life - good luck with everything :D Alexandra
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4nfAl9/]

HW: 127 kg
CW: 93.7 kg
GW: 68 kg
LW: 73 kg
Alexandra

Postby Tabatha » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:25 pm

The scales were good to me this week. I have finally broken below 100kg. 99.5kg. Have been having a crazy week so it will be interesting to if the scales will continue to be nice to me. lol. Feeling a bit alone this week and very unmotivated :( - hopefully this will change.

Thanks for all the encouraging comments. wishing everyone the best with their weightloss.
Tabatha

Postby BBgal » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:28 pm

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!

a weight loss of 1.2kg in 9 days is great!!!! well done, dont forget to reward all your hard work though...... doesnt have to be a "food treat" even just a pedicure or a facial at home :D Well done again!!!!!
SW: 99.9kg ( how close was that to triple digits) 4/11/08
CW: 72.2kg 20/06/09)
GW: 60kg ( Will re-evaluate then to see if I want lower)
BBgal

Postby Tabatha » Wed May 06, 2009 5:08 pm

weigh in time: 99.5kg. Put on a little last week but lost in again this week. So it is all good. I feel as though I am in the zone for weight loss at the moment. It has taken it's time, I am writing down what I am going to eat the day before so in the morning I just have to look at my list. I find this is working for me because with 3 kids and a business it is just easier to look and not decide. IYKWIM.

I am thinking about joining the recreation centre down here for a month to see if I will use it. they have creche which is fantastic because I still have one at home and one part time kindy. I also go out of town to do my shopping so when I shop once a fortnight I am think about going to the pool do a few laps and then do the shopping. I only have one child then so he can just go into creche.

Exercise is pretty much walking on land and in the water. Going to try a low impact fitball next tuesday so that should be funny to watch because I have NO co-ordination at all. :roll: lol.

Weigh in next wednesday- hopefully a 1kg lost.

Good luck to everyone.

Tabatha
Tabatha

Postby Jolean » Wed May 06, 2009 5:18 pm

ohhh good luck :)
if you want low impact try aqua aerobics. i love it its fun. at the place i go they do a deep water aqua aerobics to so its no impact at all.. thats a bunch of giggles let me tell ya. you wear a floatation belt thing and everyone feels uncoordinated so its ok if you do... :lol:

keep it up !!!
Starting weight = 85kg
Mini goal = 70kg
overall goal = 60kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wTvvPcC/]
[/url]
Jolean

Postby Tabatha » Wed May 06, 2009 6:20 pm

Jolean that was something I was thinking about doing water aerobic but it starts at 9am and is a half hour drive away. Wouldn't be a problem if I didn't have children to drop off at school.

Our local pool has closed for winter so when that is open again i am hope water aerobics will come back and I will do it then - by then I am sure I will look hot in a pair of bathers. :D lol.
Tabatha

Postby Jolean » Wed May 06, 2009 9:23 pm

ahh yeah
bugger
well you should do it when u can its great fun
Starting weight = 85kg
Mini goal = 70kg
overall goal = 60kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wTvvPcC/]
[/url]
Jolean

Postby Tabatha » Sat May 09, 2009 3:48 pm

I am pretty proud of myself over the last few days. I have been eating really well and have been exercising every day which is good for me. Normally I do a couple of days -then skip about a week and get annoyed when I only lose 100g :roll:

I am hoping the scales will treat me well this but only time will tell.
Tabatha

Postby Shalimar » Sat May 09, 2009 5:16 pm

Good luck for when you do step on those scales Tabatha :) .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby Tabatha » Wed May 13, 2009 10:49 am

Well today is weigh in day and it was not good. 99.2kg :evil: I worked so hard this week in eating the right food and doing exercise and I feel as though I have kicked in the guts. Sure there is room for improvement but compared to my other weeks this one was a really good one.

:( :( :(

Not happy at all and feel like why even bother, Maybe this is the weight I am suppose to IUKWIM. I wont give up I want to look hot this summer.

So here to a new week and more exercise and healthy eating. :)

Hope you all did better then i did. Good luck
Tabatha

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed May 13, 2009 11:23 am

That's a bit of a loss isn't it? Even if it's a small loss at least your weight's headed in the right direction.

I know how frustrating it is when the weight comes off slowly or not at all. I seem to spend most weeks in that state! You end up wondering why you bother exercising or watching what goes into your mouth. It's easy to forget that it was by not exercising or watching what we ate that we gained weight in the first place! So even if it seems like a lot of effort 'just' to maintain our weight or have a small loss, that's the sort of work we have to accept we'll be doing for the rest of our lives to keep the weight off.

There are lots of reasons why you might not have seen a dramatic loss this week. I know at TTOTM I retain water like a camel and usually gain about a kilo. If you've been eating more salty food than usual this can cause you to retain fluid as well. Ditto if the temperature has been hot. Or if you're a little constipated it can have a dramatic effect on the scale. Another possibility is that you're gaining muscle. Muscle is denser than fat so you could be losing inches while the scales stay relatively the same.

Just keep at it. Sometimes our weight loss plateaus for a bit but if you stick to it you'll start losing again soon!
EvilWombatQueen

Next

Return to Personal Progress