It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:19 am

Free Newsletter

Caz's Chaos

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Caz's Chaos

Postby cazzastrophic » Sat May 09, 2009 8:32 pm

I weighed in at 80 kilos yesterday.

I have lived too long with the words, hope to, try to, need to and want to. Time to change.

I have sat down and thought about this. Do I want this or not? What am I prepared to do to get there? Will it be painful? Will I ever be good enough? What if I fail? Will people look at me as the fat girl on the treadmill? The list goes on. I am sure we have all questioned ourselves over every aspect of our own journeys.

Yes it is going to be painful. Yes I am good enough. I will NOT fail. If people laugh at me on that treadmill, maybe just maybe there will be one person who sees me and will be inspired to get on one too.

I have basically said enough of the BS. It is now time to get serious. If you want something bad enough you crave it, it almost consumes you. I am finally doing what I have not had the guts to do in a long time. I am prepared to go out and face the world and challenge it. I refuse to let this goal slide this time. I have set a goal to be 60 kilos by my 40th Birthday. I will walk that extra 10 mins to get there each day. When I think I can no longer run that last 30 seconds, I will push out 60 seconds. Every second, step and day is closer to my goal and that goal will be reached.

Success is everywhere and we all have a chance at the bite of the apple. We all can do this. Each day try and look in the mirror and tell yourself you are closer than yesterday to your goal and believe it. Nothing can come between yourself and your own success. Only you. Like me, those who are also on this journey have the balls to get up and do this. Sure we have our own goals but it takes pure guts to get up and keep going. If we fail, we get back up and continue on. This is what takes guts, this is what success is. This is what I plan to be all about.

So this is the start of my progress. :mrgreen:
cazzastrophic

Re: Caz's Chaos

Postby candycane » Sat May 09, 2009 8:52 pm

Good luck caz, and welcome.

Sit down and write a list of realistic goals. Think about your diet as well as exercise. Your diet can be very important with weightloss. Aim for some hi intensity exercise 5-6 times per week if you can manage it. No one will be laughing at you, and if they are then it's probably because of their own insecurities, it's easier to pay out others then take a good look at ourselves. Create a diet diary, work out how many calories your eating, and then think about a new eating plan. Calorie King can be a big help in this area. Try to include as much fresh food as possible, and as less processed food as possible.

Well done for making this committment. You will not regret it when your looking fab at forty :)
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Postby Shalimar » Sun May 10, 2009 8:44 am

Bravo clap, clap, clap (we need a clapping smilie), well done for making the decision and best of luck with it :D

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

So Far So Good

Postby cazzastrophic » Sun May 10, 2009 9:53 pm

Today has gone really well. I am so stoked right now! The day began with my gorgeous family surrounding me for Mothers day and I received my all time fav perfume. Guess who is going to stink pretty now!!Image

Today I have stuck to my daily calorie intake and I even got to squeeze in a 5k walk and a game of Netball this evening. My hubby pushed me all the way around the 5k track and I made it in 50 minutes. Still not the best time but happy enough for now. I want to be able to do it in 40 mins eventually.

Tomorrow I begin week 2 of Couch to 5k. I did so well last week. So glad to see my fitness has not totally dropped off over the past few months. I was doing so well until I broke my tail bone and then tore my calf muscle. So I had about 3 months of doing nothing. But I am ready and it is all about baby steps baby, baby steps! Image

Food intake for the day.
Scrambled egg and toast, with a banana and coffee
2 Salada crackers with low fat ham and lettuce, another banana ( out of damn fruit!! )
Dinner was roasted chicken and salad. Having a warm Milo to soothe the night time senses.
Water, well, yep still to be desired but I did get a glass or 2 in. Must get in more water.
All in all not a bad day! Image

Thank you Sharlimar and candycane for the encouragement and support! You guys rock!
cazzastrophic

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon May 11, 2009 1:58 am

You have a great attitude towards both life and weight loss, Caz! I'm sure you'll do brilliantly. I'm glad you had an enjoyable Mother's Day. Congratulations on getting through the first week of C25K. I've heard great things about that program. Between that, the walking and the netball you're certainly getting a terrific amount of exercise!

cheers,
Ali
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Shalimar » Mon May 11, 2009 8:44 am

Oohh, I need to know which perfume you got, I am a total perfume nut, hence my username. So please tell me what was it :lol: ???

Shalimar

Postby cazzastrophic » Mon May 11, 2009 8:52 am

Hey thanks Ali for the comment! I am in a good frame of mind right now. Took me a long time to get here! lol
Shalimar, I have many favs, but Mourousi ( is that how it is spelt? A Russian perfume I think ) is what they gave me. I also adore Tabu and a few others. I am right into incense kind of smelling perfumes. I regularly use an oil called Frankincense which is just gorgeous!!! You can buy if from all the new age kind of shops.
cazzastrophic

Postby Shalimar » Mon May 11, 2009 8:56 am

My sister in law wears Maroussia, it seems a popular one.

Shalimar

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon May 11, 2009 11:10 am

I wear Marrousia! I LOVE it! And I love other incense-like perfumes. Woody Sandalwood oil from the Body Shop is my other fave.
EvilWombatQueen

Another Day Down

Postby cazzastrophic » Mon May 11, 2009 7:11 pm

Today has been a crappy day for me also. I had to go and have a scan done for cancer of the ovaries and the guy that took the scan seemed really concerned. Practically begged me to make an appointment to get the results at the Docs asap. So this left me worried and crying much of the afternoon. I am an emotional eater and I really wanted to come home and comfort myself into oblivion!!! But I didn't. I am trying to stay really positive. So please keep me in your thoughts and fingers crossed that everything is ok. :)

Other than that the past 2 days has gone really well. I have stuck to my mini goals which is bloody amazing!

Tonight I begin week 2 of Couch to 5k. I did so well last week, just shocking on the food part. So glad to see my fitness has not totally dropped off over the past few months. I had about 3 months of doing nothing.

Food intake for today.

Monday
Scrambled egg on toast, no marg! ( have a thing for eggs at the moment )
Frtiz sandwich and a banana and a coffee ( finally bought more fruit today, I am going to be crapping bananas left right and centre.lol )
Half a wholemeal muffin with cottage cheese and sliced peaches
1 small freddo frog ( damn that chocolate, but it was sooo good! :lol: )
Beef Schnitzel and veges and corn on the cob with a can of zero.
Calorie intake is about 1100

I actually got in about 5 glasses of water today as I had to have that scan, so the water intake was good.

I am off to do day 1 of week 2 on the couch to 5k tonight, just letting the food settle. Lets hope I can make it through the times allocated :mrgreen:

PS - Ali, yes it has been an all time fav of mine too. I must get out and have a look at that woody one from the body shop, I used to love their White Musk, but it became too expensive, I have no understanding of using little amounts!!
cazzastrophic

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue May 12, 2009 12:24 am

I'm keeping you in my thoughts, Caz. I hope the scan results come back okay. I'm sure everything will be fine, but I'll keep my fingers crossed just to send you double good vibes. *hugs*

Good on you for keeping on track with your exercise and eating even in this understandably emotional time. You're a champion! Keep up the good work. :D

White musk is a really nice Body Shop scent. They used to have a shop not far from me, but it closed a few years ago. I don't go to the CBD often enough to buy their stuff now.
EvilWombatQueen

Day 3

Postby cazzastrophic » Tue May 12, 2009 11:14 pm

Oh man I was bad today. (gasp, like that is a rare thing you know) I was stressing out and hit the comfort foods. It got the better of me and I reached, no make that pounced on that choc chip muffin! Oh man it was good. It was a melt in the mouth obscenity, but beautifully obscene all the same!

So it got to me and I called the Doc's office to make an appointment to get the results, it was either that or go and mug Donut King. I think the receptionist could hear my desperation on the line and agreed to squeeze me in. So glad she did. All came back well! .

I did get to catch up with Maz and that was awesome, since I have started studying I rarely get to see her. I truly miss my old friends at times.

Only a light walk tonight of about 15 mins as I have Day 2 of the Couch to 5k tomorrow night.

Food Intake
Breakfast - Wholemeal muffin with cottage cheese. sliced banana and a coffee
Lunch - Wholemeal muffin with ham and cucumber, another coffee
Dinner - 2 eggs on toast and a huge glass of water. What is it with the damn eggs! I crave them all of a sudden.
Snacks - 1 choc chip muffin and a chocolate frog. (this was my downfall and comfort foods and man it was good!!)

My calorie intake was about 1300, not to bad but there is no variety or real healthy foods here. Just a lazy and down day but man can we say whoa on the carbs for the day!!

I did manage to get more water in today but all in all I am not really happy about the food intake today. Another day tomorrow and I am sure it will be better. It's all about the baby steps with a boot up the arse to follow!

Thanks evilwombatqueen for the good thoughts!!! I am so stoked it all came back well!! So cheering here!
cazzastrophic

Doing Well!

Postby cazzastrophic » Thu May 14, 2009 7:51 am

As I sit here and type this my Image is numb! (snorts - not sure how else to say it) That is what happens when you try and do pilates with only your pelvic muscles!! While doing pelvic thrusts someone forgot to mention to use the upper thighs to as resistance!

Onto better things. My diet kicked butt today, I am not going to write everything down, I need to get some blood flow back below so will make this short and sweet. I did stick to 1300 calories, I did manage an hour walk, decided against the run tonight due to no circulation in the pelvic area but I will do it tomorrow on the specified day off. I am cheering as I have lost weight. !!!!Image

Look!! Look!!!

I am officially off 80 kilos. The scales are now at 78.3! Just ignore the flash and that special blue polish courtesy of my daughter and yeah those tan lines from my scuffs! My feet look horrible actually! Anorexic looking even! WHO CARES!! I lost weight!! WOOHOOOO!
cazzastrophic

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu May 14, 2009 12:56 pm

Congratulations on the weight loss. That's brilliant Caz! I'm really pleased that your scans came up negative too. That's better news than any weight loss could ever be!

Good on you for sticking to your calorie limit. You're doing really well and I'm sure you'll get to your goal weight in no time. :D
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Shalimar » Thu May 14, 2009 1:03 pm

Lol, I nearly spat coffee all over my lappy at your first sentence :lol: :lol: .

Well done on the loss :D .

Shalimar

Next

Return to Personal Progress