It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:20 pm

Free Newsletter

Becki's Journey

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Becki's Journey

Postby Becki » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:05 pm

Well I will create a thread in here to keep track of my progress.
A little bit about me I guess.
I'm a 73 model Aussie Girl, Stand at 161cm in barefoot and currently weigth 114.8kg.
I want to join the NSW Police.

I have asthma but I am pretty sure it is not exercise induced its fat arse lazy induced ( I can run up the stairs at the train station then down the stiars to the carpark and not be dying).. (Its seasonal(pollen) and if im sick i will always end up with bronchitis) IN fact I asked my mum about my Atshma yesterday as I know I was "Diagnosed" as a small child but it turns out that while the doctors labled it as asthma and I remember having tests carried out on me at the asthma foundation it is more a predisipostion to bronchitius as a child. This doesnt mean im going to stop taking my meds, it just means im going to stop htinking I have asthma and start thinking instead that I need to be fitter and healthy so I have less chance of getting bronchitus.

By June 12 2010 I will be 70-60kg and pushing myself super hard to prepare for the fitness challenges which are part of my goal.

So im working this on an average loss of about a kilo a week so according to my doctor its achievable and my PT says its definately achievable as well.

I am so happy that when I had my first session with my PT this week and told him my goal of applying fore the police accademy, he didn't laugh he was encouraging he knew what fitness tests I would have to pass to get there and he said I can do it.

Currently my PT has me working on cardio fitness for the next 2 weeks, mainly swimming and treadmill work which is fine by me I can swim laps till the cows come home. I might be slow and i have to stop to get my breath but I love the water.
Swimming will always be part of my fitness regime and im so glad that the gym I go to have swimming pools.
Becki
---------
Weight lost and never to be found

Cm's lost and never seen again
Becki

Re: Becki's Journey

Postby Gordz » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:17 pm

swimming is a great 0 impact aerobic excercise becki, just wish i had your guts to get my fat arse to the pool. 54kg in 52 weeks, not an easy task girly... it's going to take a hell of alot of work, but from what I read you're totally up to it!
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Start date: 12/8/2013
Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Postby Julz » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:23 pm

Hey Becki,

The personal trainer sounds great, I'm sure you will blitz those tests next year. Just regarding the the asthma and police force I thought I would drop a little suggestion. When you will out your app forms don't tell them you have asthma, especially if you are not sure you do. My bro in law did the study, did the training to join the police force, he has asthma- not too bad just seasonal when he gets a cold and because he indicated so they made him do a challenge test which he failed at the time due to having a cold, he had a bad asthma attack and his application was rejected. The tester told him mate I'm so sorry you shouldn't have said you had asthma and you would have been ok but now theres nothing I can do sorry you can't join the police force at this time.

Julie :)
Julz

Postby Becki » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:27 pm

Gordz wrote:swimming is a great 0 impact aerobic excercise becki, just wish i had your guts to get my fat arse to the pool. 54kg in 52 weeks, not an easy task girly... it's going to take a hell of alot of work, but from what I read you're totally up to it!

Hey,
I love swimming, at the pool I go to it isnt to bad at night after the squad leaves its mainly older people so im not worried.
At first I was so self conscince but now I even sit in the sauna with everyone else and chat away in my swimmers and I just dont worry about it.

I figure at least im out there trying.
Becki
---------

Becki

Postby Gordz » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:30 pm

great attitude. *hunts for a non dangerous river to swim in*
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Start date: 12/8/2013
Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Postby Becki » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:38 pm

Julz wrote:Hey Becki,

The personal trainer sounds great, I'm sure you will blitz those tests next year. Just regarding the the asthma and police force I thought I would drop a little suggestion. When you will out your app forms don't tell them you have asthma, especially if you are not sure you do. My bro in law did the study, did the training to join the police force, he has asthma- not too bad just seasonal when he gets a cold and because he indicated so they made him do a challenge test which he failed at the time due to having a cold, he had a bad asthma attack and his application was rejected. The tester told him mate I'm so sorry you shouldn't have said you had asthma and you would have been ok but now theres nothing I can do sorry you can't join the police force at this time.

Julie :)

I was reading about the challenge testing.
Im also going to do a breathing techniques course that I have been reading about which apprantly is a great help to peopl ewith asthma and bretahing problems.
I also know a lot of my asthma is pscyological.. So I sure that as I get fitter it will clear up.

im kinda tempted to ask my gp if they can perform the challenge test on me before hand so I know whether or not i can pass it
Becki
---------

Becki

Postby Becki » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:39 pm

Gordz wrote:great attitude. *hunts for a non dangerous river to swim in*

hahah it could always be looked at as an encouragement to swim faster^^
Becki
---------

Becki

Postby warriorsgirl » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:57 pm

Hey Becki, Welcome!!

Congrats on getting a PT, they are really nice people and can become great friends also...
I've got 2 now, 1 for cardio and another for weights.
Also - just wondering where it is you head to to swim in Sydney? I've been looking for a pool for ages, a heated one especially without a big membership price....

Good luck
warriorsgirl

Postby Becki » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:01 pm

warriorsgirl wrote:Hey Becki, Welcome!!

Congrats on getting a PT, they are really nice people and can become great friends also...
I've got 2 now, 1 for cardio and another for weights.
Also - just wondering where it is you head to to swim in Sydney? I've been looking for a pool for ages, a heated one especially without a big membership price....

Good luck

I'm out liverpool way so I have a membership at the Whitlam Leisure Centre which has a gym and 2x swimming pools (Heated Indoor and outdoor)and a shallow family pool.
Becki
---------

Becki

Return to Personal Progress