It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:26 pm

Free Newsletter

FunStoppers Journey...Journal

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: FunStoppers Journey...Journal

Postby funstopper » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:42 am

Well, I'm back. After a considerable leave of absence I have returned. I actually came back here for the first time since mid August last night and read a few peoples threads, even made a comment on Sarahm's weekly weigh in thread, I couldn't resist she is doing fanstastic and was so supportive of me when I first came on here.

Well since mid July when I last posted here a lot has happened, I continued my weight loss and got down to 123.9kg by mid August (I recorded this in my weekly weigh in thread). After that though was when things went crazy. In mid August it was my birthday and we went on a long weekend family vacation to Mildura, we had a great time but it was the catalyst for me falling off the wagon. I got some really great comments from friends there that hadn't seen me for a while about how great I was looking and although you would think that would be motivation in itself it wasn't, it had the opposite effect. I actually got complacent, in my stupid head I thought well if I'm looking that good maybe I've done it. I continued to fool myself like this till mid September when I realised I hadn't done it, I was far from it. I got back on the scales on the 16th of September and had gone back up to 127.5kg, I had gained back 3.6kg, that was more than half of what I had lost. I was devastated but it was the kick up the butt that I needed. However I had learnt a couple of things. I needed support and couldn't do it on my own. I also had no idea about good and bad food choices or portion sizes. I had a big case of portion distortion, and I was able to convince myself anything was a good food choice. Then I had a light bulb moment, if I stopped buying all the junk food and put that money towards a weight watchers membership and the monthly fee that would keep me motivated, and it has worked.

I joined weight watchers on the very same day (16/09/09). I have been following the program for 8 and a 1/2 weeks now and feeling great, learning heaps from the articles etc on the website and from all the other girls and guys on the messageboards there. I have gone from 127.5kg to 121.1kg in 8 weeks. Along the way I've had some challenges and even a week when I had a gain but all up I have been very pleased with my progress. This week I have been doing particularly well I have stuck to my points each day and exercised everday with a rest day on Friday. I really am in the right frame of mind for this and I really am doing it this time. I don't think I really lost my frame of mind when I lost the plot in August, I just think my mind had to catch up to my body and it started playing tricks on me and it nearly won, but I have put it behind me now and learned the lessons I think I needed to from my experience and to be honest if I hadn't had the gain and learnt those lessons then I would probably still be gaining weight and off the wagon.

I will from now on be continuing my journal on here and my weekly weigh in thread that I will update on Wednesday when I weigh in. Any and all support, comments and advice are greatly accepted and appreciated and I look forward to getting reacquainted with a few people on here and meeting some new ones as I continue along my journey.

Cheers
FS
xx
FunStopper
Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did

funstopper

Postby tania2573 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:51 pm

Thats great worl FS i can relate to your story as mine is a lil similar.Joined here lost 46 kgs then last xmas came i had some time off planning to get back to it in new year then had things happen and here i was 10 months later with 20 kgs put back on :oops: :oops: . But i know what i have to do and i know i can do it and with the help and support from the people here its a lot easier.Sorry to ramble on your thread. But most of all good luck and kepp up the great work you are doing. :)
S.W 163.1 start date 19/2/2008
G.W 85
tania2573

Postby funstopper » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:32 am

Its the day before my next weigh in and I'm a bit anxious bit alot excited too. This is unusual for me, I'm usually as nervous as all hell but not today. I am excited about weighing in tomorrow cos I know this week I have stuck to my plan really well. I have been really good with my eating habits, stuck to my points everyday and made really good choices. I have also exercised everyday with one rest day. I have been walking a minimum of 45 mins each day and have calculated that I walk at a pace that is between 4.8 and 6.2km/hr. Yesterdays walk was a bit slower as I was walking with some friends and one of them isn't really the fast pace kind of girl, she likes to take it a bit slower.

Tania, thanks for your comments. Its nice to know there are others out there that have similar experiences. Good luck to you with you own journey. I look forward to reading about your progress.

Well only a short post for me today, got some stuff to do before I have a meeting at 1pm.

FS
xx
FunStopper
Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did

funstopper

Postby sarahm » Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:37 am

hi funstopper! couldnt find your other post-wanted to ask about your experience with weight watchers. are you using the on-line version/ ? i joined yesterday-username is 'sharlou'. am a bit confused how to use the tracking system, and how to make the best points choices. do u have any pointers for me?/ am down in the dumps and been falling into emotional eating-big NO NO!! 2kgs on over festive season...not gonna ruin all my hard work now!!! anyway, happy new year my dear-heres to new beginnings and a powerful, awesome 2010. :)
sarahm

Previous

Return to Personal Progress