It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:29 am

Free Newsletter

I WILL be a size 12 by Christmas....

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: I WILL be a size 12 by Christmas....

Postby becs » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:10 pm

I think I've managed to redeem myself the last couple of days, been eating really well, still no exercise but meh, really can't be bothered. Back up to work tomorrow, so not excited about going back, at least it's only for 8 days...

Weigh in on Thursday, will be interested to see how I've gone this week. I'm betting on a small gain, esp after my terrible weekend... oh well, these things happen!

I've got surprisingly blase about this whole weight-loss thing, if it happens then it happens, if it doesn't then oh well. I'm still intending to shrink to a size 12 by Christmas, I'm just focussing less on my eating and exercise right now. I've been thinking along those lines for the last couple of weeks, and I'm still losing a few hundred grams each week, which is better than gaining. Of course if I put a little more effort into it I know I could lose it faster, but right now I just don't have the motivation, maybe it's because the weight is slowly moving with very little effort on my behalf.

Anyway, I'm off on holiday next week, so that will be the real test as to whether my no-effort weightloss will continue. I've got 2 1/2 weeks in Vietnam and Cambodia coming up, fly out next Thursday... hopefully I'll be able to avoid the creamy coconut concoctions and stick to steamed fish and stirfrys.
Starting weight: 87kg
Goal weight: 65kg

becs

Postby becs » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:10 pm

Weigh-in this morning was exactly what I expected - a small gain of 700grams, which isn't too bad considering a) I went to the pub last night!, b) it's TTOTM, and c) I ate crap all weekend.

Last week: 75.0 kg
This week: 75.7 kg
Gain: +700 grams :(

Still, it's a new week now, and apart from last nights trip to the pub I've been eating a lot better. Will be on call for the rest of the week so won't have the pub as a distraction, aiming to get to 74.5kg by weigh-in next week (cos that's what my WiiFit goal is!). May not get there, will involve a loss of 1.2kg but anythings possible...

becs

Postby starr22 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:08 pm

Hey becs, sounds like you and I have the same goal! To be a size 12 by Chrissy........ahhhh I really REALLY want to be! I'm currently a size 14, and struggling to stay on track, but hey, we CAN do this.

Never mind about your small gain, it probly is mainly due to TTOTM. Good luck with getting to next weeks goal :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wqP0t7v/]
[/url]
starr22

Postby becs » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:24 pm

Hmmm I've been neglecting this place a bit lately - still struggling for motivation. Off to Vietnam on Thursday, hopefully my weightloss motivation will return while I'm over there suffering in 30 deg heat with 80% humidity!!

becs

Postby becs » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:37 pm

Weigh-in as expected...

Last week: 75.7kg
This week: 75.5kg
Loss: -200grams

Off to Vietnam tomorrow, see you all in 3 weeks time!

becs

Postby onthedecrease » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:05 pm

well done darl, 200grams is still a loss and enjoy that trip of yours you deserve it :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvgjwLj/]
[/url]
onthedecrease

Postby Shalimar » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:52 pm

Well done and have a great trip Becs :) .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby becs » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:15 pm

Well I'm back from my trip to Vietnam and Cambodia and it was fantastic - had an absolute ball, met some wonderful people and ate lots of fantastic food of varying levels of healthiness!!

Oh my god the food was fantastic - lots of seafood that was so fresh it was almost swimming on my plate, wonderful green mango and papaya salads, fresh spring rolls (and a few deep-fried ones too) and some creamy coconut dishes as well - I know, naughty Becs, but you've got to try them while you're there!

But, I'm back in Perth now (for a day at least before I go back to work) and back into the real world - time to get back into this weightloss thing. I haven't paid any attention to watching what I eat over the last couple of weeks (travel does that too you) but I jumped on my bathroom scales this morning and it looks like I've put on less than a kilo while I was away... official weigh-in is on Thursday so hopefully it'll be good-ish news. Given the choices I've been making while on holiday I'm totally expecting a gain, I'd just prefer it to be a small gain instead of a large one!

I'm trying to work out what to do for lunches now that it's too hot for my usual vege soups. We usually get a pretty good range of salads at work, but sometime the lettuce is rather wilted so I like to bring up some food with me for when the salads are crap. Any ideas?? I need food that will last in a fridge for a week (I'm away for 8 days at a time) and be stuff that I want to eat. I was thinking that I should bring up a few tins of tuna and some cruskits, maybe some of those small tubs of hommus as well?? Time to go thru my stash of health magazines and get some tips, I think...

becs

Postby becs » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:17 pm

First day back at work today and I'm struggling - I woke up at 3am this morning and couldn't get back to sleep :x

I have managed to be reasonably well-behaved with my eating though. Brekky was a write-off because I was on a plane to work, but I did well for lunch - bought a few little tubs of hommus to work with me so had some hommus and sliced tomato on cruskits, and some pieces of carrot. Feel like I've got my 5+2 in already today (I've had an apple and banana for snacks) and drunk heaps of water. It's so nice to be back into a routine again, being on holiday really does throw my eating routine totally off balance! Hopefully they serve up something nice for dinner....

becs

Postby becs » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:25 am

So I jumped on the WiiFit this morning for my official weigh-in

Last week: 75.5kg (which was actually 3 weeks ago)
This week: 76.5kg
Gain: +1.0kg

Totally expected given that I just had a 3 week holiday in Vietnam and Cambodia and ate lots of really tasty but bad food (plus copious amounts of full-sugar coke and beer!). Back on the wagon now though, going back to tracking everything on calorieking to make sure that I'm eating the correct amounts.

Still got a wee way to go to get into that size 12. It's 9 weeks til Christmas, I know I can do it......

becs

Postby emmer138 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:21 pm

hey! i just had a quick skim through your posts and realised we're around the same weight, and have the same goal! just wondering how tall you are?
WEIGH-INS
9/12/2013 - 93.7kg

GOALS
To reach 91.7kg by 23rd Dec (2kg loss / BMI 32.11)
To reach 87kg by 27th Jan (7kg loss / BMI 30.46)
To reach 81.7kg by 17th Feb (10kg loss for Soundwave 2014 / BMI 28.61)
To reach 78.7kg by 31st March (15kg loss for my birthday / BMI 27.56)
To reach 75kg by 19th May (18.7kg loss / BMI 26.26)
To reach 70kg by 4th August (23.7kg loss / BMI 24.51)

emmer138

Postby becs » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:57 pm

I'm an average 1.67m (or 5'6") tall - so still got a fair way to go to get into a healthy BMI range.

Having a really good day today - it's good to be back entering my food into calorieking, I'd forgotten how well it keeps me in check... nothing worse than seeing a big red box when you eat more than your calorie allowance! I redid my body test as well, so I'm happy knowing that I'm eating the correct amount of calories for my current weight and activity level. I had poached eggs on toast for brekky, felt so proud of myself when I walked straight past the potato gems! Have been snacking on fruit (fresh pineapple and a banana) and for lunch had a small can of tuna, some cruskits with sliced tomato, and a green salad. Hopefully I'll be able to keep it up and have a healthy dinner, it's so hard when you can't cook for yourself (damn working away and having to eat mess food...)

becs

Postby emmer138 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:44 am

wow you've been eating super good! keep it up!

ive had a pretty shitty week diet wise.. bleh lol oh btw, i'm 170cm so there isnt much difference!
WEIGH-INS
9/12/2013 - 93.7kg

GOALS
To reach 91.7kg by 23rd Dec (2kg loss / BMI 32.11)
To reach 87kg by 27th Jan (7kg loss / BMI 30.46)
To reach 81.7kg by 17th Feb (10kg loss for Soundwave 2014 / BMI 28.61)
To reach 78.7kg by 31st March (15kg loss for my birthday / BMI 27.56)
To reach 75kg by 19th May (18.7kg loss / BMI 26.26)
To reach 70kg by 4th August (23.7kg loss / BMI 24.51)

emmer138

Postby becs » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:58 am

Yeah, I was eating super good until dinner... we had tacos last night, and of course I filled mine up with an unhealthy dose of cheese and sour cream. Then I finished dinner with a couple of chocolate brownies - the ones they do at work are sooo good, it's incredibly hard to resist them (and kinda stupid too - they don't do them all that often so when they do you have to make the most of it!)

But on a good note, I did go home and play my new Wii game last night - I got the Golds Gym Cardio Workout game when I was back in Perth, started playing last night and my arms are sooo sore today! It's kinda like the rhythm boxing game in WiiFit, but way more complex and with far better music - I was putting together some good combinations and working up a fairly decent sweat!

New day today - must eat well during the day cos it's Fish'n'Chip Friday............

becs

Postby becs » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:31 pm

Wow I'd forgotten how quiet this place gets in the weekends... it's like a ghost town these days!

Been going pretty well with my eating this week, have been eating sliced tomato & hommus on cruskits for lunch and it's filling me up nicely! Definitely a good alternative to my good old vege soups, especially since it's getting fairly warm up here - was 41deg yesterday.

Been having fun playing my new Golds Gym workout game on Wii - only now my arms are super-sore and I can hardly move!

becs

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress