It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:44 am

Free Newsletter

alex_bilson

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Postby KimE » Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:54 am

Good on you Alex, balance is very important. Nice to see you again and read how you are progressing. It is great you are learning from your experiences.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby alex_bilson » Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:49 pm

Thanks Kate, Ally and Kim for your comments :)

Well I felt great after the gym last night, really got the endorphins pumping. I had a fantastic Yoga session this morning as well... Tuesday is soccer night, so lotsa cardio to come!

I'm so glad I started gyming a little while before soccer started, the firtness has helped me I'm sure. Being able to perform and stay on top of the game for soccer, and oztag (which starts Thursday) are also great motivators for getting to the gym.

One of my new gym mottos is 'JUST DO IT'... the more I think of that Nike phrase the more sense it makes and greater it seems. Sounds like Nike is my sponser or something haha. But think less about ... how many kj's is this burning, how will my butt look a few weeks after this blah blah... good motivators, but at the end of the day Just Do It, and it will happen.

I am just going to venture onto another one of the posts and start a thread about healthy snacks... I'm interested to know what are everybodies favourtie healthy snacks- inspiration and ideas for us all!

Bye for now,

Alex.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wXCD80z/]
[/url]
alex_bilson

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:58 pm

good theory about the nike logo alex. it will remind me when i feel slack some days -just do it! i know ill be rewarded in the long run through my efforts! yay!

glad to hear all is going well :)
kate_turner2000

Postby slimmindown » Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:41 pm

glad to see you back and rearing to go Alex :D
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby alex_bilson » Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:08 am

hi guys just checking in. Ok so I am reading this Bob Greene Book...still working through the 'Building a Strong Emotional Foundation', or something, part. It is really good. I read it, then mark the parts that you have to do "Homework' on, then write that all out in a book later. I'm finding it really helpful.

I have a problem though ladies and I am totally freaking out about it!

I have put on two kilos from my STARTING WEIGHT, the weight I have been for years. This sucks. And, I don't know if I am blind or something, but I can't see it...

I mean I did go a littel crazy for a while with food and alcohol intake... to much partying. But, two kilos worth? I don't know if some of it could be weight from muscle gain.

I am bummed though hey. I was all dressed ready to go to the gym and couldn't find my keys anywhere. I missed the class. I am certianly bummed.
[/url]
alex_bilson

Postby hushpuppy » Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:43 am

Dont get to down on yourself matey . The rise can be alot of things from fluid retention to gaining muscle . The best thing to do is chin up and write down ur intake for the week and look at where u can tweak it a little . We all have our ups and downs in this journey hun . We are all here to help each other through the twists and turns
Hugs
JUles
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:46 am

i agree

write down your food intake and you will see where that 2 kgs came from. if not from food or portion sizes it could be a number of things like fluid or muscle. :) keep going though you will get there to your goal soon!!
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:55 pm

Keep going Alex, don't give in now mate!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby alex_bilson » Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:06 pm

thanks everyone for your comments, and don't worry, I'm not going to let a little setback push me off the rails.

Everything will come together.

I went to the gym this morning and did pump class. I've planned the rest of my exercise and gym sessions for the week to help organise myself, and given myself a new curfew- I was getting into the habbit of going to bed 1, 2 or 3 in the morning for a while, which is NOT good for sticking to your workouts!!

Oh haha also. I am planning a Europe trip for next year. We are booking within the next two weeks, and my weekly budget is going to be EXTREMELY TIGHT. Not only will i have to do a massive cutback on my WARDROBE SPENDING :(, but I will also not be able to splurge on JUNK and alcohol. This is, I think, going to be a massive benefit for me - as once I book the trip I really do not have a penny to waste like that! Not only will I be cutting out a fair bit of excess junk and kj's from alcohol, but it will no doubt help me to form a new habit, or rather, it'l break me out of the habit I'm in.

Very glad about this!
[/url]
alex_bilson

Postby Ally » Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:32 am

Congratulations on taking a holiday Alex....as you said it might be beneficial in more ways than one!!! Happing saving!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby KimE » Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:46 am

A trip how lovely and it will be a good incentive to save and not buy crap food. Best of luck and hoped you enjoyed pump class. Weights are fun, didn't happen to have love shack on did they?
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:55 am

hey alex

well done for the planning as well. planning works for a lot of people so kudos to you. and also best wishes for the europe trip. something i would love to do one day! thanks for letting us how you are going :)
kate_turner2000

Postby hushpuppy » Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:58 am

Great idea on planing the trip . You will have a huge incentive to get back into it mate
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby alex_bilson » Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:27 am

Hi!!

Kim, no they didn't play love shack, coz someone in the class didn't like the song!! haha, why do you ask!!! I'm intrigued...

So hello everyone. I have not updated my ticker in a little while as I got pissed off when I had put on two kilos HAHA. The ticker STAYS I refuse to move it up hahaha. Anyway, not to worry because I haven't weighed myself this week, and not going to... not because I'm scared, promise, I just don't need to know today? Know what I mean?

So anyway, went to the gym this morning, pump class, and some cardio machines. I am most pleased to report I am hanging up my "Cardio- Machine Boots" forever.

Now before you coil in shock-horror mode, let me explain. I totally can NOT do cardio machines. I know some people love them, and kudos to you, I wish I shared your passion. But me, I get bored to death. SO! I am getting back into the cardio classes. I did a few, then shyed away from them because they were challenging and I was slightly unco. BUT practice makes perfect, and they provide a much more high-energy workout than do my cardio sessions. Added incentive of the pumping music, and the fact you can't just give up and leave half way through (like I did this morning about 11 minutes and 37 seconds on the boring bike)

:)
I am still loving my pump classes and yoga. I am going to aim to do 2 pump, two cardio and one yoga each week. (That's not 5 days at the gym... some days I combine strength and cardio). In addition to that, I also play Oztag one day and Soccer another so that should take care of my cardio.

But see ya later cardio machines. Unless I crave you, you will not be seeing me again.

Long post- needed to collect my thoughts!!!

I have a few hours before I have to work which I'm going to use to keep studying my Total Body Makeover Book, which I'm finding totally fab and eye opening. Gotta do some homework / journalling from it.

See you all soon!!

Alex.
[/url]
alex_bilson

Postby alex_bilson » Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:41 am

Just a shout out to Kim- can't post on your page so here we are-

Just wanted to say a massive congrats on your achievements, you are an inspiration, truly.

And you look fantastic, totally different woman :) Bet you feel great too.

Thanks for showing us all that it can be done!

Alex.
[/url]
alex_bilson

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress