It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:26 am

Free Newsletter

alex_bilson

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Postby Mandie » Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:46 am

Good on you Alex! It's important to choose an exercise that you really ENJOY - as you said, there is NO point if you
a) won't push yourself
and b
b) give up early!

I have a similar problem with cardio machines - I get bored on the bike after 10 minutes, and I am afraid of the treadmill (saw a girl fly off the back of one once, poor thing was SO embarrassed, I vowed never to use one without holding on tightly).

I have discovered a love for the cross trainer - but that's just me.

I also love the cardio classes - they are great for pushing you hard - no excuses! What classes do you like? Lots of people love step, I find Body Attack is my FAVOURITE.. and I like pump too.. and Body Jam is fun, although I don't find it as much of a workout. Body Combat is always fun, but my gym has it at inconvenient times!

Anyway Alex, be good to yourself, best of luck, I know you can do it!
Mandie

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:47 am

Hi alex

sounds like you are really enjoying your gym :) its nice to enjoy yourself when you are making your body fitter and healthier. when it feels boring or like a chore thats when the ticker aint going to move hehe. dont be scared of weighing yourself. if it doesnt show a loss dont be disheartened as long as you know that you have done your best thats all that matters. you might be pleasantly surprised! best wishes and thanks for dropping in to let us know how you are going. keep up the great work!
kate_turner2000

Postby alex_bilson » Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:51 am

hELLO again everyone.

Just a quite note- I have started a Christmas Challenge in the Challnges section.

It starts on Friday 17th Nov to give people a chance to read it! (I always seem to come in too late on the challenges)

It's based on total percentage weight loss between the two dates- so as to accomodate everyone whether they're 60kg's or 160kg (or whatever) Have a read if you are interested!

---------------

Mandie, I love pump, and my Yoga. I liked Step, though some bits were confusing- I'll try again. Like Combat as well. I would LOVE to try the boxing one, but I can't make the class when it's on :(
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wXCD80z/]
[/url]
alex_bilson

Postby KimE » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:30 pm

Thanks so much Alex! :D I closed off the progress here as I have the maintenance one now instead but I try to check through these ones too.

Oh the love shack thing was from when I used to do pump classes and a memorable moment of doing bench presses to that song. I was singing the whole way through it (quietly of course..well sorta) which helped me get through the pain of my poor little chest muscles.

The cardio classes should be great Alex and it seems like you are doing enoug to cut out the cardio machines. No point forcing yourself if you are not enjoying it as it just becomes a chore.

Good on you and keep at it. :D

Oh Mandie I asked the guy at the gym about flying off the back the first time I got on a treadmill as I could see myself doing it...luckily I never have but I know what you mean about the bike. The only thing that makes that tolerable is the great kms I get to add to the walking challenge and the blokes doing weights. I too love the cross trainer, wicked, wonderful machines.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby alex_bilson » Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:32 pm

hAHA- i did the same thing today- except i was singing along to 'Summer Rain'! It does take your mind off it... I also find a bit of foot tapping helps hehe.

I was so proud today btw- I had 1/2 kilo extra when i was doing bench presses annnnnd I got the whole way through the sets! I usually have to stop for breathers. I'm getting stronger!

I read this great tip, I can't remember who wrote it... it was about pushing on for three more repetition after u feel you 'must' stop... and that these ones are really important. Good tip there. I find I always have to stop a lunge or two ahead of time in the lunge set. Hopefully can push past it soon.

Love the weights coz there's so much progress to be made, it's a nice challenge.

Night everyone!!

* Dont forget, if you haven't read- I'm starting a Christmas challenge on the 17th November, in the Challenge section of the maiin Forum!
[/url]
alex_bilson

Postby KimE » Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:30 am

LOL yeah Alex toe tapping works too.

I too like to try for those extra reps, it can also give you an idea of when to increase the load. If it is becoming easy when you push those extra reps you may be ready for more weight.

I love doing weights for the same reason Alex, you get to see the progress through more reps, more weight and you do start to feel stronger. Not so much like you could go and lift something heavy but just stronger somehow in your body and posture if you know what I mean.
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby alex_bilson » Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:33 am

I definately know what you mean, and agree. I noticed a difference in my posture yeah and just the way i was sort of carrying myself after only a couple of classes.

I'm loving my sport teams as incentive to weight train and do challenging cardio workouts too. It's funny how one form of exercise exercise (soccer and oxtag), is driving me to want to dp more exercise. It's the whole 'team sport' thing and the fact I want to win and be able to do my best- be able to run on high energy for longer, and put extra OOMPH into my moves, whether it's a pass in soccer or a run along the feild at tag.

The two places of exercise - the gym and the feilds, complementing each other nicely!
[/url]
alex_bilson

Postby ~Ash~ » Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:40 am

that's great alex! you'll be at goal in no time if u keep up all this exercise
Go team MAGENTA!!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
~Ash~

Postby Hayley » Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:09 pm

Just wanted to say you're doing an excellent job. Will definitely read the Christmas challenge and join up with that too.

Keep going strong - you'll be there in no time!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuOdmgo/]
Hayley

Postby KimE » Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:34 pm

Good on you Alex, keep up the great work. :D
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Previous

Return to Personal Progress