It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:57 pm

Free Newsletter

My journal

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

My journal

Postby five to lose » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:14 pm

Hi everyone,

I have started this journal to help keep me motivated while I lose weight

I'm 24, 154cm tall, and weight 57kg, which gives me a BMI of 24.03. So, I am in the healthy weight range, but would like to lose 5 kg.

The heaviest I have been in the last 3-4years is 63kg, and the lightest 53. I'd like to get down to around 52kg for my wedding next year. 52kg would be a BMI of 21.9, which I would be really happy with.

My aim is to use this thread as a jounal to record how I am going, and keep me on track. Currently for exercise I dance two or three times a week, and my diet is ok, but I have a weakness for junk food and wine. So the aim is to step up the exercise a bit, and cut out a lot of the junk food that I eat.
five to lose

Re: My journal

Postby B'sgirl » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:55 pm

Hi & welcome to the forum. You'll definitely find motivation within these threads.

Good luck on your journey! :D

Hayley
SW-90.4KGS
CW-90.4
GW-60KGS

DEC '07-59KGS
SIZE 10
B'sgirl

Postby five to lose » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:58 pm

Thanks Hayley! I really like looking at other peoples threads to see how they are going, its a great motivator!

Well, I havent weighed since last week, but I will weigh myself tomorrow morning. On Wednesday I'm travelling interstate for a week, so my goal will be not gaining any weight while I'm away! I always find holidays are dangerous with all the food and drinks!

The other thing that I'm going to do, that I havent done before is get a measuring tape and actually measure myself. It's always just been easier to hop on the scales, but it would be good to see if I am actually loosing inches as well as weight! I've ordered my wedding dress, and the size that I have ordered is half an inch smaller than my current measurements on the hips and waist. My dress will be arriving in between two and four months time, so my aim is to have lost all that weight and then a bit extra by the time it arrives!
five to lose

Postby five to lose » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:19 am

Well, I'm back from my week away! I was 57.0 kg when I left, and when I weighed this morning was 57.2. So I didn't really gain any weight while I was away, which was good - I often tend to gain weight on holidays. I was pretty careful with what I ate though, and we were walking heaps every day.

Now just need to actually start losing weight! I might start putting in here what I am eating each day, to help keep me accountable.

Food:
Breakfast: Leftover vegie curry (1000kj) - yes, weird breakfast I know, but it was yum!
Midmorning: can of coke (670kj)
Lunch: Cheese and salad roll (1800kj)
Dinner: Vegetarian lasagna (2000kj)

and I will be having a pure blonde beer later tonight (450kj)

Activity: none really, just sitting at my desk all day.

So if those calculations are correct my kj for the day will be around 5920 - not too bad, but I am going to set 5000 kj a day as my goal. Hmm, over 1000 of the kj I am having today are from drinks - definitely something to watch out for. I usually only drink diet coke, but the machine at work was out of diet today and I really needed caffeine!

I have a few diet challenges coming up - This Friday I am going away for a girls weekend - which is likely to involve lots of food and drinks! Then Monday I am going to the Royal Show.. My plan is to limit my portions of junk food over the weekend, and to NOT bring home any show bags full of lollies, chocolate or nuts!
five to lose

Postby five to lose » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:01 am

I've just taken my measurements, so I will add them in. I'm not really sure if I am doing them right, but I guess as long as I use the same method each time they will give me an indication of how I am going. The measurements are in inches;

Bust: 33
Waist: 29
Hips: 38.5
Around tops of both thighs: 38
Thigh: 22.5
Above knee: 16.5
Below knee: 13
Forearm: 9.5
Bicep: 10.5
Neck: 13

The first three measurements are the important ones for the wedding dress - my dress is;
Bust: 35 (not much I can do about that one!)
Waist: 26 (need to lose 3 inches)
Hip: 37.5 (need to lose 1 inch)

Its interesting, because the numbers I got tonight are not the same as when the lady measured me in the dress shop - she got smaller numbers for my waist, and half an inch more for my hips? Shows that there can be quite a variation depending on how the measurement is done!
five to lose

Postby five to lose » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:13 pm

Grr.. I just wrote out what I ate yesterday, but then somehow I managed to lose it all.. never mind, cant be bothered typing it all again, but it was 8350kj - so not a great day. I did do a two hour dance class though, and cleaned the house while dancing round to music for an hour, so I did get a bit of exercise yesterday. However, the scales are not my friend this morning, saying 57.6! Hmm, not happy with that at all. Its TTOM, so I'm hoping its just fluid retention.

Today I'm going to really keep the kj down, as I know this weekend will not be great diet wise.
five to lose

Postby five to lose » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:31 pm

Tonight I tried to make a healthy vegie curry for dinner, but tried a different curry sauce that was terrible, so ended up throwing it out and bingeing on twisties instead. Not a great move.

Food
B: baked beans (900)
L: chicken soup (1300)
D: a couple of spoons vegie curry, twisties (4000)

Thats 6200kj - all because of the stupid twisties.

On a positive note, I bought heaps of vegies to cut up and take away on my girls weekend - while I'm sure I will be still be eating and drinking heaps, if I can at least replace some of the chips and crackers with vegies it will be a move in the right direction.
five to lose

Postby five to lose » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:18 am

Well, yay - finally some good news on the scales. 56.6kg this morning. It was great to see that number as last week after the girls weekend away and then my partners birthday and royal show I was getting 57.6, 57.4 and similar - I was really worried that my weight was actually on the increase!

Today I am going out for lunch with my Muma nd Grandma, then to my Dads for dinner. So the plan for today is to pick a yummy but lower kj lunch, and then just enjoy my dinner with my Dad (we are getting chicken treat) - I will also make sure I do not drink any alcohol today to help keep the kj down a bit.

Five weeks of uni to go until this semester is finished. I know the end of semester is always dangerous for me with all the work due in, as I tend to procrastin-eat. Yep, when I'm meant to be doing assignments I'm usually attacking the fridge instead. I would really like to lose some more weight in the next couple of weeks, but my prime focus will be not gaining any - staying under 57kg
five to lose

Postby miss_viva » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:13 pm

Congratulations on your loss, you've done really well so far!

I hope you enjoy your lunch out :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby court » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:39 pm

i would love to see anything under 60kgs on the old scales! sounds like you are doing really well and have really really good attitude towards your weight loss, if you fall off you get straight back on! Rub some of that off onto me please!!! :lol:
court

Postby cazza36 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:48 pm

Great progress

I would love to be under 60kgms. You are doing great with your progress.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wL63Jpi/]
cazza36

Postby cazza36 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:35 am

Well it's monday and back at work.

I didn't weighmyself today because it's tom and I know i weight more than i should and i don't want to get depressed from the number.

I was pretty good over the weekend but i did have some red wine. I did a long mostly uphill walk on sunday. My clothes are looser which is awesome.

I'll weigh in on Wednesday and see what's happening with the scales
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wL63Jpi/]
cazza36

Postby five to lose » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:46 pm

Thanks everyone for your encouragement!

I havent weighed in the last few days - another not great weekend food wise as I had my friends wedding on saturday, and then I went out for lunch with my patner on Sunday, where I ate a huge bowl of wedges.

Never mind that, today has been better:

B: baked beans (850kj)
L: cheese and salad roll (1800kj)
D: two vegie patties and tomato sauce: (2000kj)

So all up 4650 kj today - and I'm not eating anything else tonight!
I also got out for a jog, which proved just how unfit I am. I walked to the park, jogged 1 lap of the oval, walked one lap, and then jogged 1/2 a lap, walked 1/2, jogged 1/2, walked 1/2. My aim is to be able to increase that so that I can jog at least three laps non stop.
five to lose

Postby five to lose » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:44 pm

Well, last night I was pretty hungry after dinner - I'm pleased with myself though, as instead of eating I went and had a nice hot shower and then got into bed early with a good book.

Today I will be working on keeping the kj under 5000 again, and going for another jog.
five to lose

Postby emmer138 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:46 pm

well done, keep up the good work :)
WEIGH-INS
9/12/2013 - 93.7kg

GOALS
To reach 91.7kg by 23rd Dec (2kg loss / BMI 32.11)
To reach 87kg by 27th Jan (7kg loss / BMI 30.46)
To reach 81.7kg by 17th Feb (10kg loss for Soundwave 2014 / BMI 28.61)
To reach 78.7kg by 31st March (15kg loss for my birthday / BMI 27.56)
To reach 75kg by 19th May (18.7kg loss / BMI 26.26)
To reach 70kg by 4th August (23.7kg loss / BMI 24.51)

emmer138

Next

Return to Personal Progress