It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:19 pm

Free Newsletter

My journal

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: My journal

Postby Auntie » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:38 pm

Well done all around! Good luck with reaching your wedding goal :)
Elle
28 y/o - 169cm - 120kgish - GW:55kg
Auntie

Postby five to lose » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:24 pm

I have done fairly well with my eating today:

B: baked beans (850)
MT: can of fanta (750)
L: frozen vegie lasagna meal (1450)
AT: small choc milk (800)
D: large potato and gravy (1350)

Total: 5200kj - not too bad. Shouldn't have had those drinks, then it would have been a really good day! I should probably mention that I have type 1 insulin dependant diabetes - my blood sugar was low as I went into class at uni, so I grabbed the fanta to fix that up. No excuse for the choc milk this arvo though!

I didnt go for a jog however, as my legs are pretty sore from yesterday! I'm so tired now, I should really probably be staying up and doing some uni work, but I think I might just have an early night instead.
five to lose

Postby five to lose » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:10 am

I haven't really been concentrating very well on my weight loss in the last couple of weeks, but I weighed this morning and was 56.4. Thats down 0.2 on my last weigh in, so pretty happy with that really. Just over a week now until I finish uni and can really work on the weight loss =) To be honest, I'm just happy to not be gaining weight at the moment!

Today has been fairly good;

B: 2 slices toast, baked beans
L: cheese and salad roll
snack: time out chocolate bar
D: vegie burger
Alcohol: large cougar and diet coke
five to lose

Postby five to lose » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:53 pm

Last night I went out for tea with my partner, so had a prett big meal - chicken parmigana, chips and salad, and then an icecream from baskin robbins for dessert. But I have to say, I enjoyed every bite!

Today I have been a bit more careful to keep the kj down

B: cup of coffee
L: small plate vegie nachos

and dinner will be baked beans on toast.

Tonight I'm going dancing for the first time in a few weeks - I've really been neglecting it with all the study that I have been doing, and its time to get back into it! I've been asked to help out at the dance club by being a 'taxi' - it means you go around and ask all the beginners to dance with you, give them a few hints and encouragement, and demo on stage. Also means I get in for free, which is a bonus! I'm going to get back into dancing at least two nights a week, it shoudl really help with the weight loss.

Tomorrow I've got a going away lunch and drinks for a workmate - will try to make some healthy choices there so my weight continues to drop.
five to lose

Postby five to lose » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:36 pm

Today I had the lunch with workmates - I woke up late so skipped breakfast and treated lunch as a brunch instead. I had crumbed chicken with chips and salad - the salad bar selections were great, so I had lots of that and left about half of my chips.

Tonight I'm having a quiet night at home watching movies - my partner got some dips for tonight, so instead of having dinner I will have dips, and I will cut up some carrot to to go with that so I'm not having quite so many kj with the biscuits. We will probably have a few glasses of wine too, so today wont be fantastic kj wise, but I will try to have a better day tomorrow.

My weight on the scales this morning was 56.6.
five to lose

Postby five to lose » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:32 pm

Still at 56.4 kg this morning.

My partner and I have decided to give up alcohol for a month, and I think this could really help with weight loss. I've been off uni now for a week and a half so really no excuse to not be losing weight. So now its time to set myself some short term goals.. My first goal is to be under 56kg by the end of November. That doesnt seem like a lot., but my weight has been fluctuating between 56.4 - 57 for ages now, so I really want to bring it down a bit.
five to lose

Postby Czarina » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:25 pm

Where's the protein? And fruit and veg?
Czarina

Postby five to lose » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:48 am

Hmm, well the giving up alcohol thing didn't seem to do anything for my weight loss - in fact today on the scales I'm 58.2, which is definitely a move in the wrong direction! :( Dont really know what happened there, am hoping it is partially fluid retention due to that time of the month.

Well I've got up early ths morning so am going to go for a walk, really need to get back on track.

Re: protein/fruit and veg - I dont tend to record what I eat on here consistently enough for it to be a good indication of my diet, but I dont eat any meat except chicken, so most of my protein comes from various beans and legumes, which I eat quite a lot of. Still need to work on including more fruit in my diet though, I love all the summer stone fruits so will be trying to include more of that in my diet =)
five to lose

Postby five to lose » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:57 am

Weight a bit better today - 57.0kg. Still no idea why I gained weight though!

Had a good day yesterday - did some dance training with my partner in the morning for an hour and a half and then also went out for a walk that evening. I've looked up some exercises you can do without any equipment - push ups, tricep dips, crunches, lunges etc and did that for a while last night while my partner used his weights. It was really enjoyable exercising together, will have to do that more often.

Have a pretty good week lined up exercise wise - am going dancing three times this week (2.5 hr sessions). Unfortunately its the last week of dancing before the three week Xmas break, so I will have to really work on making sure I get enough exercise in the weeks we are off.
five to lose

Postby five to lose » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:02 pm

Happy today - 55.8kg. No idea why I gained all that weight before, must have just been fluid retention. Now I just have to keep the weight moving in the right direction!
five to lose

Postby Czarina » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:43 pm

Keep your sodium down and you should be able to keep the fluid in check. I know I can put on 2kg overnight if I have a day packed with salt.
Czarina

Postby five to lose » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:32 pm

Yep, its amazing the effect sodium can have on water retention!

I've just started on a different contraceptive pill that is meant to help with weight gain associated with fluid retention, so we will see if this makes any difference...

Another good result today, 55.4kg. Now just need to keep losing, or at least not gain anything over Christmas! =)
five to lose

Postby Czarina » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:25 am

Which pill is that?
Czarina

Postby five to lose » Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:11 pm

Its called Yasmin. I've been on a pill called Levlen for ten years now, so although that has been working fine for me I thought I'd talk to my doc and see if there was anything newer, or that had additional benefits such as weight loss, improved skin etc. This one is meant to help "improve symptoms like bloating, swelling or weight gain related to fluid retention" - we will see how I go with it. Only been taking it for a few days now, so I guess I wont know if its making any difference for a while yet. I'll let you know though!

Well another good result this morning on the scales 55.0kg What I'd like to work on is maintaining that over the next week - what with Xmas, New Years, and my Birthday on the 3rd Jan I dont think that I will be doing much actual weight loss!
five to lose

Postby Czarina » Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:11 pm

I think maintenance is a good goal at this time of year!

I've looked into Yasmin and it sounds good, a bit to expensive for me at the moment, though. I was on Levelen for a while, made my acne worse though, but good for my endometreosis! I just switched to Brenda a month ago, and so far so good, my skin is a little better.
Czarina

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress