It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:47 am

Free Newsletter

Leish's Progress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Postby Leishkin » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:12 am

milkyway wrote:Hey Leish -- I am a huge Josh Whedon fan. Firefly is one of my most favouritest movie ever. How was the convention??? Did you go?

All the best for your continued journey. You sound super organised :)

it's Joss, not Josh! but anyway, the convention actually got CANCELLED the day before (when I was already there!) but it has gone down in fandom history, as 80% of the cast turned up anyway and partied the weekend away with us, it was ridiculously amazing.

thanks. it's gonna be a long journey, I won't lie to myself, I just need to take it one day at a time.

:)

Leish
xo
Leishkin

Postby Leishkin » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:16 pm

heh. ok so I just had to change my counter because I had added 10 KGs to my weight! :shock:

note to self - learn to read the scales :roll: silly me!

still not doing much exercise but starting tomorrow I'm going to go back to binge-drinking a lot less - I went way off doing so for a few months but have lately been slipping back into the poor habit of having a glass of wine when I get home from work, which then ends up turning into a bottle of wine! not good!

Am drinking upwards of 2 litres of water a day, but not much exercise yet. Need to go and buy some runners so I can go for walks and not strain my feet. *nods*
Leishkin

Postby Mandie » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:22 pm

good on you for updating your ticker - it can be hard to put it up but its best to know exactly where you're at!

good luck with cutting down the alcohol... maybe you can do some exercise at that "danger time" of the evening so you won't be tempted to have any wine?
Mandie

Postby Leishkin » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:23 pm

that's a mighty fine idea, mandie :) thanks
Leishkin

Postby SarahC » Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:17 pm

I used to drink a fair amount of wine when I got home from work (thankfully not anymore!). To get out of the habit, I used to buy white cranberry juice (not sure if it's still available or not) and drank that in the wine glass. It was the same colour as the wine. I guess you could use apple juice as well. The action of pouring and drinking was still there, just without the alcohol. Bit of a silly idea, but it worked for me :D
SarahC

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:11 pm

hey leish sounds like you are on the road to weightloss success :) good on you for cutting back the drinking. you can still have one but its all in moderation :)
kate_turner2000

Postby milkyway » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:59 pm

Leishkin wrote:
milkyway wrote:Hey Leish -- I am a huge Josh Whedon fan. Firefly is one of my most favouritest movie ever. How was the convention??? Did you go?

All the best for your continued journey. You sound super organised :)

it's Joss, not Josh! but anyway, the convention actually got CANCELLED the day before (when I was already there!) but it has gone down in fandom history, as 80% of the cast turned up anyway and partied the weekend away with us, it was ridiculously amazing.
:)

Leish
xo

:oops: Some huge fan, eh? Slip of the old fingers...

I recently gave up drinking, well not entirely, but no more bingeing and no more daily wine or threes -- I was drinking a lot, almost every day just from sheer habit. I set a goal for myself not to drink any alcohol for an entire month and I'm such a stubborn and ocmpetitive thing that I actually stuck to it. It's been about 2.5 weeks since I've even had a glass of wine and I don't even think about it anymore -- but at first, it was a daily struggle. So just take it a day at a time. You can do it! And think of all those calories in every glass
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Dee » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:41 pm

Well done Leish - keep on track and the kgs will move far away - never to be found again.
[url=http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/]
[/url]
Dee

Previous

Return to Personal Progress