It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:20 pm

Free Newsletter

Love to shop's progress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Love to shop's progress

Postby love to shop » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:12 pm

I started this thing on Tuesday so only a few days into it, but already feeling a bit better in myself. Probably because I am not only eating less but eating more salad and drinking more water.

I noticed a box of chocolates on my desk yesterday that I always kept there for snacking and just stared at it like it was a relic from some past life, lol! I can't believe that less than a week ago I thought it was OK to eat 4 chocolates a day, as well as cake with coffee etc when out.

It's weird how once a switch is flicked in my brain that I am going to do it, then I just do it....I can't go back to my old habits.

The thing that triggered me to really want to lose weight was feeling so miserable when I went shopping for clothes, everything looked bad on me. That is why I picked the username Love to Shop, to remind myself what i am aiming for!
SW: 64 kilos
GW: 58 kilos

love to shop

Re: Love to shop's progress

Postby love to shop » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:23 pm

Dammit I ate Thai takeaway tonight, and a midori with OJ too....hoping I haven't set myself back again. :(

love to shop

Postby Freddy » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:17 am

It's pretty hard to get rid of these old habits. At least, for me it is. I eat a nice cookie with each cup of coffee/tea when I'm at home and if I can, a few in between as well. I have a thing for chocolate too :(
I've been trying to keep my hands of of it. How do you do it?

5.5 more to go I see? Should be gone in the blink of an eye :)
Freddy

Postby love to shop » Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:37 pm

Thanks for answering Freddy, I was feeling a bit invisible round here! I have been eating these chocolate diet snack bars once a day at afternoon tea...they get rid of my chocolate craving. I don't know how good for you those diet bars are, but at least it makes me feel I am still on my diet, which helps me stick with it the rest of the time, if you know what I mean.

I think that I will avoid getting Thai food again till I have reached my goal, because the salt and fat in it is not helping. Wish it wasn't so addictive that stuff! :wink:

I wish the 5.5 would be gone in a blink of an eye but at the rate I am going I think realistically it will take me months to lose it. Thanks for the encouragement though. :)

love to shop

Postby Shalimar » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:53 pm

Just take one day at a time, there will be days where you do have chocolate or similar but as long as those days are in the minority no harm is done.
I eat some chocolate every night and it has done me no harm.

Best of luck :) .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby love to shop » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:30 pm

Thanks Shalimar....that's good to keep in mind.

I tend to be like "Oh woe is me, I have failed at this and may as well give up now!" :roll: :lol:

love to shop

Postby Shalimar » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:22 pm

No, dont give up, thats the worst thing to do.

I have the attitude that if I have what I call a 'calorie blow out' (and I do at times) I just carry on as normal from the very next meal and any 'damage' done is only temporary, I will be heavier for a day or 3 after but it soon comes off :) .

Shalimar

Postby miss_viva » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:24 pm

Hi Love to Shop,

Sorry to hear you're feeling a bit down and invisible around here. I think in a way, it's sometimes helpful to just "confess" things here or talk about how things are going for you, even if you don't get a lot of replies. It kind of makes you feel more accountable if you have to write down in black and white when you've slipped up, if that makes sense.

It's great that you've managed to resist the temptation of the chocolate now! Your post reminded me so much of me: thai food and chocolate are two of my biggest weaknesses when it comes to food. Lately, I haven't been eating thai food out, but I've been making it myself at home. I'm not sure if you've tried it, but you can make a pretty decent green coconut curry using the Carnation evaporated milk (which comes in a coconut flavour). It has hardly any fat compared with using regular coconut milk, and I think it usually tastes pretty decent! I often make a stirfry using one of the green curry meal bases, one tin of the evaporated milk, and a packet of thai style stirfry veggies, and some chicken. It's absolutely delicious, and really healthy compared to eating an "authentic" version at a thai restaurant.

Just remember that you've only had one "bad" meal, and that won't make your weight blow out. So it's best to just try and think 'ok, that's done, and I'm going to go back to my regular eating habits now". Think about how great it's going to feel when you can go shopping and pick out anything you like, and feel wonderful in it! Best of luck :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby love to shop » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:21 pm

Thanks Miss Viva! That is a great suggestion..I will try it. :D My daughter wants me to make a stirfry tonight with beef and bokchoy etc so that should be pretty healthy.

I weighed myself on Sunday and was thrilled to find I had dropped another 800g!

Just want to make sure I stay on track and don't slip back into old habits, which I find I am more likely to do as soon as I get some small success.

love to shop

Postby Shalimar » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:53 pm

Well done on your loss LTS :) .

Shalimar

Postby miss_viva » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:45 am

Hi LTS,

How's everything going for you? :)
[/url]

miss_viva

Postby love to shop » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:27 pm

Eeek! Can't believe I haven't posted here since mid Sept..

I have fallen off the wagon, because it was my 50th birthday last week and my daughter's 18th....so there were too many excuses to eat badly. :shock:

Strangely though this morning I found my weight has actually dropped by 400g...which is bizarre.

However I don't want to tempt fate by continuing to eat too much rich food, so I am getting back on the wagon.

love to shop

Postby love to shop » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:30 pm

I was also thinking of making xmas my goal, but I am sure that xmas will be a very tempting time so have decided to make mid January my goal to have lost my weight by, as I am hoping to go overseas then and want to look good for the trip.

love to shop

Postby miss_viva » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:55 am

Glad to see you're back with us, LTS!

Congratulations on your loss too, well done!
[/url]

miss_viva

Postby cazza36 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:29 am

Hi There love to shop

You and i have the same weight loss goal. My goal is 58kgm. I'm down to 61.9 today.

I also love thai. You can still get thai but only get the stir fry not the deep fried stuff. If you eat a smallish portion you can still lose weight.

I had some chocolate last week and still lost weight. Don't deny yourself completely. I find that if i restrict too much i will binge.

Good luck with your weight loss.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wL63Jpi/]
cazza36

Next

Return to Personal Progress