It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:52 pm

Free Newsletter

My weight loss diary

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

My weight loss diary

Postby SoonToBeSlim » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:01 pm

So I guess first things first, I'm a 25yr old guy, and I've been fat for pretty much as long as I can remember. I have lost weight in the past, usually about 15kg before I end up going back to my old ways and reaching the point I was at before. At the start of 2008 I was about 125kg, by December 2008 I was down to 109.5. Over Christmas I put a bit back on and then lost motivation, and now I am back to where I was before. About 3 weeks ago I weighed in at 124.5, and I have been trying to eat well since then, have cut out soft drinks again, which I think were my biggest problem.
I did my first workout in over a year last night, felt good afterwards, and felt good this morning when I woke up too. Normally I hate waking up and getting out of bed, today I was awake an hour earlier than normal. And I'm not even feeling sore today, which is good, it means I am looking forward to doing it again tonight.

My first goal is to get to under 100kg, because I can't even remember the last time I was that weight.

Hopefully I can use this site to keep me focused on the goal this time, and not give up if I have a small setback.
SoonToBeSlim

Re: My weight loss diary

Postby SoonToBeSlim » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:02 am

Did my 2nd night of exercise last night. Woke up feeling good again this morning. Also had breakfast for the first time in ages. Tonight is a night off from exercise, but will make sure I get back into it on Thursday night.
SoonToBeSlim

Postby Shalimar » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:54 am

Hi stbs and welcome to the forums :D .
I am totally amazed at how much I now look forward to bounding out of bed in the mornings and facing the new day rather than dragging myself out and dreading what the day had in store for me and it only gets better from here on in.

Youll do well Im sure.

Stick around, Sue :) .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby SoonToBeSlim » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:29 am

Alright, did another workout last night. Didn't feel as good this morning, maybe because I went to bed a bit late and didn't get my full 8 hours sleep. I've also somehow gained .5kg since Monday, so not sure whats going on there.
SoonToBeSlim

Postby Mary123 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:46 pm

Hey soontobeslim,

Don't feel too bad over .5kg... remember you only just started up working out again, so this may be muscle weight. Just keep telling yourself your exercising, this obviously is going to have a positive effect on you. So go by how you feel, and don't worry about the .5 okay? :D

Also it's normal for you to be tired seeing as you're new to working out, just take baby steps though.. and slowly increase your workout length and intensity. Stay positive!!!! It makes all the difference
You can do anything you set your mind to.
SW(3/9): 71.7 KG
CW (10/9): 69.8 KG Great week!!! :)
GW ??????:59 KG (Definitely no more 70's, and no more 60's!)
Mary123

Postby miss_viva » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:09 pm

Welcome STBS!

I wish you all the best in your weight loss journey, and I hope that you can achieve your goals with us here. It seems that you're planning to lose weight in a healthy way, by watching what you're eating and exercising. Don't be too bothered by the .5 gain, it's probably just water/fluid or muscle increase. By the time you weigh in next week (or in a few days time) etc, you're weight probably will have dropped again.

I know it's easy to say (and at times I don't even take my own advice!) but try not to get too hung up by the number on the scales. For ages I was really frustrated that the scales were hardly showing any loss, but I noticed that many of my clothes were starting to feel loose, I could fit into old things again etc. Sometimes that's the best indication, rather than just going by the numbers.

I'm also one of those people who can't resist the urge to weigh myself daily, and in the past, I used to get really upset and frustrated if the number on the scale was higher than the previous day. These days, i just try and remind myself that it could just be a random fluctuation, and I try and move on and just go about my day as normal - not trying to cut down on calories etc. If I weigh in again a few times, and the number is still remaining high/increasing, then I reassess what I've been doing lately with my diet and exercise and work out whether or not I could be doing anything better :)

Good luck!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby SoonToBeSlim » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:02 am

Weighed in this morning at 120, so was quite happy with that. Gotta get back into the exercise tonight after 3 days off, starting a new stage in the program I am doing, time to step it up a notch.

Miss_viva you're right about the clothes thing, I have definately noticed that my clothes are looser on me now, especially around the thighs. That seems to be the first area I lose fat from.
SoonToBeSlim

Postby SoonToBeSlim » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:53 am

Alright, good workout last night. My thighs are really feeling it today! Woke up feeling good too. Rest up today, and get back into it tomorrow.
SoonToBeSlim

Postby SoonToBeSlim » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:57 pm

Tough workout last night, and was really tired this morning. I think I need to get more sleep. For some reason I feel like eating hot chips today for lunch.
SoonToBeSlim

Postby SoonToBeSlim » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:24 am

Good workout Friday night, and have lost another .5kg, down to 119.5 now. Feeling very positive about things at the moment.
SoonToBeSlim

Postby SoonToBeSlim » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:46 am

Well this is the 3rd week I've been doing my workouts for, and I have to say I'm feeling pretty good about everything. Haven't missed a workout so far and have been pretty good with my eating. So I'm setting a new goal of being down to 110kg by Christmas.
SoonToBeSlim

Postby SoonToBeSlim » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:20 am

Another good workout last night, even had my wife join in with me. Imagine my surprise when I woke up this morning, hopped on the scales and saw 118.5kg! We'll see if it says the same thing tomorrow, but yeah, quite happy with that! :D
SoonToBeSlim

Postby SoonToBeSlim » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:32 pm

Had such a bad weekend with food. Still 118.5kg this morning, so I am ok with that considering what I ate. I did eat less of it that I would have in the past, which I guess makes me feel a bit better. I'm also happy I haven't skipped a workout since I started again, though its only been about 3 weeks so far.
SoonToBeSlim

Postby SoonToBeSlim » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:55 am

Good workout last night, and I was down to 117.5kg this morning! Going along quite well I think.
SoonToBeSlim

Postby Shalimar » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:08 pm

Im glad youre doing so well with it, keep at it :) .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Next

Return to Personal Progress