It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:12 am

Free Newsletter

My weight loss diary

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: My weight loss diary

Postby SoonToBeSlim » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:23 pm

Thanks Sue, I'm not going to stop now! Feeling very positive about things at the moment, its good to see the numbers keep going down each week.
SoonToBeSlim

Postby Shalimar » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:54 pm

It doesnt get much better than that does it :D !!!

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby SoonToBeSlim » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:17 am

I think this whole thing is like 90% mental. Honestly the exercise isn't that hard, its 40-50 mins, 3 times a week. The hard part is saying no to food. No I'm not going to eat a bag of chips while I watch tv. No I'm not going to have a "energy" drink while at the computer. No I'm not going to have a bottle of coke with lunch, I'll have water. These little things all add up.

Even with takeaway food, you can still have it, just choose different things from the menu. For example from Red Rooster, I will now get the skin free wrap, which is I think about 350cal. Before I would get a bacon burger, flava, chips and coke, which I think was over 2000cal. Big difference there, even if I have two skin free wraps. Another thing is it takes a lot less food to make me feel full now.
SoonToBeSlim

Postby Shalimar » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:01 pm

That is so true about the takeaways and what not, you can have your cake and eat it so to speak but just have smaller portions less frequently.
I am a big fan of not denying oneself, I have some form of chocolate every night for dessert but I keep it small for example 4 squares of chocolate, or a fun size chocolate, sometimes I swap it for some ice cream in a cone or a piece of fruit cake (small), just a little something so I dont feel as if I am missing out on anything.
I think onlu once or twice in two years have I thought stuff it and gone back for a second helping. Not too bad in my books :lol: .

I do admit to indulging in a full on Indian takeaway once every 3 or 4 months and then I go the whole hog, curry, rice, naan bread, samosas and half a bag of Caramello Koalas for dessert but then Im done and dusted for the next 3 or 4 months :lol: . Its worked thus far so I figure I cant be doing too badly :wink: .

Keep up the great work and see you round, have a great weekend, Sue :) .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby SoonToBeSlim » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:24 pm

Made sure I didn't let the long weekend impact my workouts, and I made sure I did it not long after waking up yesterday, so I wouldn't be tempted to just skip it and use the long weekend as an excuse. Ate quite bad last night though, had chinese for dinner, and ice cream afterwards. Didn't put on any weight though, so I am pleased. Back to being good today, yogurt and berries for lunch.
SoonToBeSlim

Postby cazza36 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:13 pm

Great progress soon to be slim.

I agree with having not so dietary food now and then. It stops a huge binge later. I had icecream and cheese cake and last week and stil lost weight. But i made sure my portion sizes were smaller than usual.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wL63Jpi/]
cazza36

Postby Samantha Jean » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:01 pm

So very true. I think when you deny yourself certain foods you find that you just can't stop thinking about it. I'm sure it is ok as long as you still stick to your daily allowance of kj... you have to have a bit of what you love or you won't want to stick to it for long.
Samantha Jean

Postby SoonToBeSlim » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:43 am

Well I have read a few things that talk about cycling the amount you intake, to sort of trick your metabolism. Basically if you eat less than your body would like, your metabolism will begin to slow down and get used to the lesser amount of food. Which is why diets stop working after a while. You should have a few days of higher intake to sort of trick your metabolism to go back to where it was before, then when you go back on your diet it keeps working. Obviously there is a bit more to it than that, but I think that is the basic idea.

Anyway, skipped a workout last night, had a bad day at the office. Weighed in at 116.5kg this morning, quite happy with that.
SoonToBeSlim

Postby SoonToBeSlim » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:36 am

Had a shocker of a night last night. Had to come home from work early because somehow my wife had gotten herself stuck in the study and the kids were in the rest of the house.
So battled it out with peak hour traffic, finally got the doorknob removed thanks to the magic of Google, and then had to ram the door open because the latch bit was stuck.
All the while with 3 very upset kids wanting me to get their mummy out.

So after all that, we ended up getting pizza for dinner and just watching a movie together. So no workout and bad food, yet I was somehow .5kg lighter this morning than I was yesterday. Not sure how that works, but I'll still take it.
SoonToBeSlim

Postby Samantha Jean » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:54 pm

lol. Sounds like something I would do. I didn't realise you were a guy for some reason (I didn't read much). My fiance jumps around between 116kg and 100kg. He is trying to get below 100 and stay under. His goal is 85kg. He just turned 30 and I am 27 and we have 3 kids also.

You probably lost weight because of all the drama & adrenalin... lol. Well that's a positive... you got to have pizza and lose weight.

My partner use to drink a lot of softdrink too, it's amazing how the kjs add up and people don't feel like they are doing anything wrong because they are not actually eating them. If you can stand diet coke, try that because it only has about 6kj in one can (my partner hates it but if it is really cold and fizzy from the can he can manage it).

I have been doing the calorie cycling and going quite well, my partner will try that if he stops losing, when he tries he can lose big numbers quite easily, he just ruins all of his hard work later by overeating. He's in landscape construction, so he is quite active, well he is the construction supervisor now so he does not have to do as much physical work as he use to. His main problem though is that he loves food & eats too much crap. lol.
Samantha Jean

Postby SoonToBeSlim » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:38 am

Been down to 115kg for a few days now. I have also decided to move my target of being 110kg by Christmas forward to the start of December. So thats 5kg to lose in 6 weeks. Then the hard bit starts, theres too many Christmas and birthday parties for my family in December.
SoonToBeSlim

Postby SoonToBeSlim » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:44 am

Down to 114.5kg. Had a killer workout on Thursday night, after not having done a workout for a week, my legs have been killing me since then. Hopefully they are feeling good to go again tonight.
SoonToBeSlim

Postby SoonToBeSlim » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:41 am

Did a good workout on Monday night, and since I woke up really early this morning, decided to do tonights workout this morning. Feeling really good and all pumped up for the day.
SoonToBeSlim

Postby SoonToBeSlim » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:13 pm

Not much to report here. Weight has been going between 114-114.5kg, and I've been doing some killer workouts these last two weeks. But then I also haven't been eating the best which I guess is why my weight hasn't really moved. Either that or I've been putting on a bit of muscle.
SoonToBeSlim

Postby SoonToBeSlim » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:55 pm

Quite pleased to see my weight drop down to 113.5kg the last couple of days. Not sure if I'm going to reach my goal of 110kg by 1st December, but it will be pretty close.
SoonToBeSlim

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress