It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:05 am

Free Newsletter

miss_viva's progress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: miss_viva's progress

Postby Sassyt » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:28 pm

mhhh gal just saw the pics now wow looking good right there!!! I like:)
Happy weight - 78kg
Ultimate goal weight- 70kg
Sassyt

Postby miss_viva » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:01 am

Thanks a lot Sassy!

Well, this week has been a pretty good week for me, diet wise. I've been eating really well on the whole... aside from having the odd Tim Tam here and there ;)

I've been on a bit of a sushi binge this week, but at least it's healthy food. I really missed having sushi while I was away. The food in Peru was absolutely amazing, but when i got to Chile, the food wasn't too special. I was amazed by how much and how frequently Chilean people eat too! Generally they're not too big either.... life is so unfair :lol:

My official weighin is tomorrow and I'm hoping to have a bit of a loss. I'll post an update tomorrow :)

Good luck to everyone!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:48 pm

I have a Chilean friend who swears that the spices make their food pass right through you. He said that if you cut back on the rice you'll lose weight no matter how much you eat because it doesn't stay in you long enough for you to gain weight! Not sure I want to try that as a weight loss plan, mind you. :lol:

I love sushi too. I make it regularly in summer with one of those sushi roll molds. I can't get the buggers to stay together otherwise!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby miss_viva » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:13 pm

I didn't notice them eating a lot of rice in Chile, but they definitely did in Peru. Everything in Chile seemed to be largely based on carbs: lots of white bread (in large quantities!), potatoes, hot chips etc. A lot of the food was deep fried too. On the plus side, I'd usually just have one big meal in the morning, spend all day walking and looking around, and then have something small at night. I think the exercised helped more than anything :)
[/url]

miss_viva

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:28 pm

They eat that many carbs and stay skinny? That is just plain evil. :lol:
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:05 am

Sounds like life with my hubby - he just turns carbs into heat. :evil:
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby miss_viva » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:31 pm

EvilWombatQueen wrote:They eat that many carbs and stay skinny? That is just plain evil.

Butterfly_Dawn wrote:Sounds like life with my hubby - he just turns carbs into heat.

Life just isn't fair sometimes! :lol:

Well, I've been really good all week and I had my weigh-in this morning.... and I'm STILL 82.3kgs. I didn't lose a thing, but on the plus side, I didn't gain anything either. It is TTOM though, so I'm not too hung up on not losing. I think I would have lost a little had it not been for that.

My eating today wasn't too bad:

Breakfast: 2 pieces of sultana toast and skinny latte
Lunch: Veggie lasagne
Snack: Turkish delight bar and skinny latte
Dinner: Beef and veggie stew with mashed potato
Snack: (will be) strawberries or possibly a gelati.

Feeling pretty happy and positive, I'll keep going as I am and see what the next weigh-in brings!
[/url]

miss_viva

Postby kelvinator » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:52 pm

Could I be a little brash and suggest you change some of your carb foods for protein/other options? This might give you the kick start you need. You never know.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/woAh7b6/]
[/url]
kelvinator

Postby miss_viva » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:45 pm

Thanks for the suggestion Kelvinator :) I'll keep that in mind as a possibilty.

I'm still persevering, although I'm not really losing anything at the moment. On the plus side, I'm not gaining anything either!

I'm still hanging around the 82.0-82.5kg mark. I went swimming for the first time in months today, and did 1100m. I was pretty happy with that effort, and I hope to go swimming at least once or twice a week leading up to the summer holidays. I'm a teacher so it's a busy time of the year for me, but the nice thing is that I'll have six weeks off over the Christmas holidays. I figure if I can commit to swimming twice a week, I can increase that when I start my holidays.

I've found that if I focus on just watching what I eat, I tend to maintain my weight and not lose anything. This is good, but I'd really like to start losing some again! I need to get back into a decent exercise routine, as that's been severely lacking lately.

I'm going to go shopping later on and stock up on some nice healthy foods. Lots of fresh summer fruits and vegetables etc. I'm considering the possibility of going overseas again in December or January, so that's some added motivation to lose some weight!
[/url]

miss_viva

Postby JP1 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:52 pm

Doing well miss_v where you thinking of heading to Dec/Jan?
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 113.5 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 112.5 Kg (26 Jan 2016)
Current :99.2 Kg (31 May 2016)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014)
Target : 94 Kgs by 15th Jul
JP1

Postby starr22 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:05 pm

Hey Miss_Viva! It's been a while. Thanx for posting in my thread :D it was just the motivation I needed! Looks like we are at very similar weights right now. It would be great to have someone to share the journey with again :)

I've been very slack and hiding from the forum again :oops: Anyway here's to a new start :D

See you round! :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wqP0t7v/]
[/url]
starr22

Postby Downsizeme » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:40 pm

Hi Miss V, been awhile!

Good to see your progress!!! :)

I am off to update my ticker with the kilos I put on, and get myslef back on track :? :mrgreen: but i just wanted to stop in and say hi first!

Cheers
Serena
Changing my life, one ounce at a time.

I started this journey on Feb 2 2010 and though I would like to be a size 5 by June, I am prepared to accept that it might take a bit longer :D

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wHHCsTy/]
[/url]
Downsizeme

Postby HappyGirl83 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:22 am

Hey miss_viva, I know the struggle! I seem to lose and regain the same 1kg all the time!
My journey so far...

Sick and tired of wasting my 20's being fat!!
HappyGirl83

Postby miss_viva » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:23 pm

God. Damn. It.

I am USELESS lately. I have all of these great plans to start losing weight again, and then I get distracted and can't seem to follow through. I need to regain my mojo! All I've done in the last month is work and eat!

I'm a teacher, so this is a busy time of the year for me. I've had to get piles and piles of marking done and then write over 100 reports. Not fun, but part of the job! I've been pathetic diet-wise, my nights have consisted of eating drumstick icecreams and chocolate to "motivate" me to get my work done. Not a good combination.

I decided to face the scales today, and I have put on.... 3.7kgs. Not impressed, but it's a good wakeup call. I don't want to end up back where I was. It's time to face reality and go back to being accountable again.

On the plus side, I'm now FREEEEEEEEEEE! I was on a contract, so I've finished up two weeks earlier than expected. Now I have NO excuses, and it's time to get the diet back on track.

Step 1 = updating my ticker so I can "see" the weight I've put on. I hate seeing it increase, so hopefully this will motivate me to try and move it back down again! :D

Step 2 = Going to the pool as much as possible. I find swimming really helps me to lose weight, so I'm going back to it now that I have all the time in the world and no excuses. I went today and swam 1100m, and bought myself a 10-visit pass. Now I have to go, or I'll be wasting money!

Step 3 = My friends and I have all bought VIP passes to Seaworld/Movieworld/Wet 'n' Wild, mainly so we can go to Wet 'n' Wild over the summer. I figure that I'll still be burning some calories while floating around in the wave pool. I've also figured out that the food there is largely "evil", so I went shopping earlier on and bought some healthy foods to take with me so I won't be tempted to eat the junk there. I figure that looking at slim people in their swimwear should be a good incentive too. I want to buy some new swimmers, and I might reward myself with a pair once I hit the 70's again.

Step 4 = Creating a "Holiday Weightloss" chart in Excel, so I can track my progress. I plan to record my weight everyday, and total up my losses week by week. I'm a compulsive weigher, but I don't let the normal daily fluctuations bother me. :)

Step 5 = I'm going to attempt to post on this site as much as I can. Everyone really motivates me on here, and I need somewhere where I can post and keep myself accountable.

I NEED to do this! Putting on almost 4kgs has not impressed me, and I have no one to blame but myself. I saw the numbers going up gradually, and yet I didn't have the motivation to make the changes I needed to. No more!

NEW STARTING WEIGHT = 86.1kgs.

Today's food diary:

Breakfast: 2 x sultana toast and 1/2 glass of orange juice.

Lunch: A low fat banana smoothie and a nectarine.

Snack: A handful of "chic nuts" (baked chick peas) and a skinny latte.

Dinner: A pork chop and salad.

Today's exercise: 1100m swim

I think that keeping a food diary on here is useful, as I can see at the end of the week if my food intake has been appropriate, and whether or not it's helping with my weightloss.

Thanks to all who have supported me, and to those who have left messages. I'm so sorry for being slack, hopefully this will be the return of a new and improved miss_viva!
[/url]

miss_viva

Postby fi_112 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:36 pm

You know what, I reckon you're going to do fantastically well because you've let yourself have a bit of a break. Since you've let yourself have icecreams and chockies now you're probably less likely to feel deprived. Also, your metabolism will be raring cos of the extra food so I reckon it will be no time before your weight's back down!! :)
To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are
fi_112

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress