Hey everyone! I've been around, lurking, but not writing much because I'm jealous and a bit ashamed of the weight I've put on...
I'm fairly certain I'm back up around the 115kg mark (I can tell because my jeans got tight again!) and I'm not happy about it!
It's down to a combination of:
1) Not caring about my diet, not recording my intake on CalorieKing and therefore being completely not-accountable, and eating a load of biscuits and chocolates and chips!
2) Hanging out with my boyfriend, who is skinny with a fast metabolism and can eat whatever he wants... and I make the mistake of eating the same portion sizes as him...
3) Being unable to exercise (even walking is a pain with this bandage on my arm, I can't swing it properly so it's annoying!)
On the bright side... it's been two weeks since my surgery, and already I feel I'm starting to get strength back in my hand now that the nerve is no longer trapped. I get the bandage off on FRIDAY (woohoo!) and I can get back to normal movements.
So, my action plan is:
1) Record, record, record. Keep a food diary (using CalorieKing). I always do so much better when I do this.
2) Make a conscious effort to eat less crap. The occasional treat is fine, but NOT daily, and NOT 5 Tim Tams in 5 minutes!
3) Get to the gym on my way home from uni - aim for 4 times per week.
4) Additional exercise of at least 20 minutes every day - I have quite a collection of abs/legs/back exercises to do at home, I've mixed up a bunch of routines for myself so I won't get bored.
5) Concentrate on getting my 2L of water intake each day. Been slacking off on this a bit because it's winter.
6) Take the stairs whenever possible!
That seems like a lot of goals, but I really think they are quite managable, none of them are particularly drastic changes from my current lifestyle. I'm not aiming for 20kg loss in a month, I'd be happy with 2-4kg loss in 4 weeks. I just need to get back on track here! And get my jeans a bit looser
Definitely will be doing the star routine again, and setting some more specific goals in the pledge section. Look out for that on Friday (when my bandage comes off and I am free!)