It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:38 pm

Free Newsletter

Mandie's Progress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Postby milkyway » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:43 pm

Good to see you back, mandie. Hope to see you around a bit more. Sounds like you've had some fun and exciting times.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Mandie » Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:04 pm

Thanks everyone for your kind words of support! :)

I'm currently halfway through my sixth and final year of studies... which means that in November, I'm done... and on January 2nd, at a hospital near you... DOCTOR MANDIE!!!! :shock:

Scary, huh? :lol:

Anyway. I'm off now to get a nice relaxing massage as my "mid-year treat"... then off to Joel's place to help the boys clean before their rent inspection tomorrow.. I'm too nice!
Mandie

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:18 pm

make them clean up their own hell hole lol. you are too nice mandie lol. i doubt you will be at a hospital near me *sigh* i wish though :(
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:02 pm

Hey Mandie great to see your friendly face back around the forums!! thanks for the update it is always exciting to hear what you have been up to at the hospital!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby KimE » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:17 pm

Hi Mandie

Good to see you and to see you are doing well. I can't believe you are half way through your 6th year when it seems you only finished the 5th year yesterday. How can 6 months have gone so quick, I'm sure I am losing track of the days. Dr Mandie sounds great!!

Good luck with the cleaning you are definitely too nice!

:D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Mandie » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:48 pm

Thanks everyone! I didn't help too much with the cleaning in the end... just helped do the kitchen and vacuumed the living room and Joel's bedroom while the boys did the rest...

I had surgery on my arm (yeah, again, but this is the last one hopefully!) last Wednesday... it's feeling alright now, but I have to have it all wrapped up in bandages and I can't use it much... so no gym for me for 2 weeks! No driving either, and I can't lift anything heavier than a kilo in my right hand. I can barely lift my arm to my face.. has anyone ever tried brushing their teeth left handed (well, with your non-dominant hand)? It's REALLY hard to do!!

So not a lot of typing for me over the next week and a half.

After that - back to the gym etc. Back to regular postings...

:)
Mandie

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:18 pm

hey mandie hope your hand heals well. it sounds like you are doing the right things to help it- being a training doctor and all :P looking forward to seeing you back here, you are a great mate :)
kate_turner2000

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:48 pm

Hiya Mandie! Sorry to hear you can't do much with that arm of yours! Hopefully it will feel all better soon and you'll be back, better than ever :D
zeedeveelgirl

Postby Ally » Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:44 am

Hey Mandie I hope it all turns out well for you with your surgery....what sort of healing time are you looking at, or is it just a case of how quickly you heal?? With lifting less than a kilo is that because it is still early days?? Sorry for all the questions, but this sort of thing interests me.....
[/url]
Ally

Postby KimE » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:02 pm

Hi Mandie, take care of yourself and rest up your arm which it sounds like you have no option but to do that anyway. You will be back into it in no time.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Mandie » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:09 pm

Thanks everyone! :) I've been plenty busy at the moment, along with finding it more difficult to type for long times.. I am reading along on the forum, just not posting so much :)

Ally - I have a big bulky bandage on, which is a PAIN.. and I have to have that for 2 weeks (since the surgery, so another week from tomorrow). I'm not allowed to drive for this 2 week period, and I'm not allowed to lift anything heavier than a kilo. After that though, assuming everything has healed well, I can go back to my normal routine slowly, and just slowly increase my weights again as I feel comfortable (without jumping in too quickly and ripping my scar open!)..

so hopefully I won't be out of action too long!
Mandie

Postby Ally » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:56 am

hehehe yes please watch over that scar very carefully!! I can imagine that it would be a bit of a pain in the bum being so "wrapped in cotton wool" (so to speak) for awhile, but it will all be worth it in the end!! Take it easy matey....
[/url]
Ally

Postby Mandie » Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:05 am

Hey everyone! I've been around, lurking, but not writing much because I'm jealous and a bit ashamed of the weight I've put on...

I'm fairly certain I'm back up around the 115kg mark (I can tell because my jeans got tight again!) and I'm not happy about it!

It's down to a combination of:
1) Not caring about my diet, not recording my intake on CalorieKing and therefore being completely not-accountable, and eating a load of biscuits and chocolates and chips!

2) Hanging out with my boyfriend, who is skinny with a fast metabolism and can eat whatever he wants... and I make the mistake of eating the same portion sizes as him...

3) Being unable to exercise (even walking is a pain with this bandage on my arm, I can't swing it properly so it's annoying!)

On the bright side... it's been two weeks since my surgery, and already I feel I'm starting to get strength back in my hand now that the nerve is no longer trapped. I get the bandage off on FRIDAY (woohoo!) and I can get back to normal movements.

So, my action plan is:

1) Record, record, record. Keep a food diary (using CalorieKing). I always do so much better when I do this.

2) Make a conscious effort to eat less crap. The occasional treat is fine, but NOT daily, and NOT 5 Tim Tams in 5 minutes!

3) Get to the gym on my way home from uni - aim for 4 times per week.

4) Additional exercise of at least 20 minutes every day - I have quite a collection of abs/legs/back exercises to do at home, I've mixed up a bunch of routines for myself so I won't get bored.

5) Concentrate on getting my 2L of water intake each day. Been slacking off on this a bit because it's winter.

6) Take the stairs whenever possible!

That seems like a lot of goals, but I really think they are quite managable, none of them are particularly drastic changes from my current lifestyle. I'm not aiming for 20kg loss in a month, I'd be happy with 2-4kg loss in 4 weeks. I just need to get back on track here! And get my jeans a bit looser :)

Definitely will be doing the star routine again, and setting some more specific goals in the pledge section. Look out for that on Friday (when my bandage comes off and I am free!)
Mandie

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:50 am

good on you mandie for becoming accountable- its hard to face sometimes but you will be back on track because of it. remember to use this forum as much as you can, not only because we think you are great ;) but because it will keep you motivated. keep us updated with how you go, and im glad your hand is feeling better!! xoxo
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:48 am

Hey Mandie I have certainly missed you around the forum!! I too had to fess up recently too, so I know where you are coming from! It is easy to slip back into the old habits mate for sure.....I think your above mentioned goals are a great.....keep going Mandie we are all in this together (some of us!) and we are here to get each other through the rough patches that we face too!!

My hubbie is exactly like your BF and it is easy to think that we can eat as much as them....unfortunately we are the ones who bare the brunt of all the excess calories while they don't even show it!!

Anyway mate, welcome back to the forum!!!
[/url]
Ally

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress