It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:44 pm

Free Newsletter

Sarah's Progress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Sarah's Progress

Postby SarahC » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:10 am

Finally, I have some progress to report! :D

I have been wearing the same pair of pants to work for the last few months (sad, I know!), as they have been the only pants that I have been able to wear, all the others being too tight! I have noticed them becoming looser over the last few weeks, but today I have cracked it - they are too big now!!!! Tonight I am going to have to raid my wardrobe for some smaller ones and see what fits. I have been delaying this task as I have been too scared to try anything else on... tonight I might be brave enough.

I ventured to try on my jeans over the weekend... and they fit! I wore them on Father's Day for the first time in months! This is great as it means I no longer have to go out in track suit pants anymore (unless I want to that is!) :D

And yesterday I wore one of my favourite black suit skirts to work, another that I had to banish as it wouldn't fit. I thought I might have trouble, but it zipped all the way up... easily! How exciting 8)

My scales are playing silly buggers on me at the moment, so I can't say exactly, but I have lost a good 2 - 2.5 kgs. And almost an inch off my waist. This sounds like hardly anything, but for me it is quite significant.

Just have to try to not slack off now that I am seeing results, as there's still a way to go yet. I have a whole bunch of size 8 dresses to get back into by summer... yikes :!: (My clothes are all so small as this is the only time I am confident enough to go shopping!)
SarahC

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:35 am

:D sarah thats awesome news :) and the trackies are comfortable but it means you can wear more of a variety :) did anyone comment on the jeans and the skirt?

keep up the great work
kate_turner2000

Postby fattychops » Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:13 am

Sarah,

that is fantastic news! I bet your feeling great!!

Keep up the good work chick-a-dee :D
fattychops

Postby Dolly » Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:19 am

Great news Sarah! what a wonderful problem to have, (finding smaller clothes that fit) :lol:
Dolly

Postby KimE » Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:27 pm

Well done Sarah it feels good doesn't it!

I bet you look great too.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Ally » Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:30 pm

Congratulations Sarah, I bet you are on top on the world!!! Good job, you'll be slipping those size 8's in no time!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby SarahC » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:00 pm

Thanks all for your comments :D

Yeah, I am starting to feel a whole heap better. Especially having a wider variety of clothes available to me now :D

No, no one noticed... my family think that I am nuts every time I mention my weight. And, I could probably show up to work wearing a paper bag and no one would care! But I notice and that's all that counts!

But I know I'm not where I want to be yet, so I need to keep my motivation going. Then the next challenge will be to stay there once I get there... which is something I have never been able to do before. But I'm feeling way more confident about it this time than the other times. This will be the last time that I have to lose weight :!:

I really appreciate all the encouragement. I sometimes feel a bit silly coming to this forum, as my weight is so low, and I only want to lose a few kilos. It seems everytime I mention my weight I get an incredulous reaction and get told that I am stupid for even worrying about it. It's great to come on here and talk with people who understand what it's like to worry about your weight, to not be happy with your body and want to change it :D
SarahC

Postby Ally » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:26 pm

Sarah, I don't think it matters whether you have a small amount or a huge amount to lose (like me :roll: ) What matters is that you are happy with yourself. No one has the right to judge you for wanting to lose a few kgs!! You need the support of a friendly bunch to lose your weight as much as I do to lose a lot!!! Congrats on your weight loss so far, you are doing great!!
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:45 am

yeah you have noticed and thats the main thing. i have noticed it in myself too and no one else has commented lol. (cept mick-fiance)

as ally said- who cares if you have heaps to lose or little to lose, you are doing it for yourself and changing your lifestyle is a long term thing so it will do your body the world of good :) it isnt jsut about weightloss its about making your body healthier and happier :)

thanks for being a great support to me and the other girls too!!! (and guys)
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:42 am

I agree the amount doesn’t matter it is how you feel about where you are and where you want to be. And you know your body better than anyone else so only you can be the true judge. You get to know how things fit and how you feel because of it and those few extra kilos can make a difference even if you are in your healthy weight range. So don’t listen to them Sarah and remember where weight loss is concerned it really is all about you.

Don’t let this put you off but most people just don’t notice weight loss. I had lost 12 kgs before going on holidays and people were just starting to notice. It wasn’t until I had come back from holidays that they really started commenting on how much I had lost even though on holidays I had only lost a kilo over 3 weeks due to birthday snacking. I figured it was because they hadn’t seen me in a while. So even in the early days having lost 5-6 kgs I was stoked and no one noticed except my hubby.

Keep at it Sarah you are doing a fantastic job and the fact that you feel better in yourself is the most important part. :D
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby SarahC » Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:50 pm

Thanks again guys :D Yeah, I'm pretty used to people not noticing when my weight changes, be it up or down! I think that they do but just don't want to admit that they do... my mum in particular :lol:

Maybe the reason why people don't say anything is because they feel a bit rude making the comment. It's like they're admitting that they thought you had some weight in the first place. :?
SarahC

Postby KimE » Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:31 am

Actually I have wondered the same thing myself as I can see people looking at me as though they want to say something but don't know if they should.
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby SarahC » Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:03 am

Yet another victory this morning... one more pair of pants added to the collection of clothes that I can now wear again :D

And, I went shopping over the weekend... and, bought clothes!! I couldn't believe it, I tried on dresses :shock: and they actually fitted and actually looked reasonable (not fantastic, but not absolutely disgusting either!). I bought three :shock: (this was at a factory outlet, only $40 each, thank goodness)

And, not only am I going out Friday, I was just invited to a dinner on Saturday. It's a work function for my dad's work. He was going to take my mum, but she decided not to go, so I was asked instead. $220 per head (paid for by the company of course!).... and Vanessa Amorosi is performing!!!!!! (I absolutely love Vanessa! :D :D )

Oh dear and I have so many choices of things to wear :lol:

My only pledge for the two days is to not get drunk and to not have a hangover.... strategy for achieving this goal is yet to be determined :?

This may be a bit dark, but you can see if you squint... Australia Day last year at Parramatta Park 8) (it's Vanessa btw!)

SarahC

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:10 am

:o oh have a great time sarah! i love her too! i think she is awesome. now the hardest part is deciding what you should wear to show your bod off!! hehe. well done matey!
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:21 am

Wow that is really great......have a wonderful time Sarah and as Kate said, it is a matter of what to wear to show off your hard work!!! Pictures, pictures we expect pictures!!! :P
[/url]
Ally

Next

Return to Personal Progress