It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:18 am

Free Newsletter

Sarah's Progress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Postby SarahC » Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:30 pm

Yes well the camera will definitely be coming along with me (which reminds me, I must charge the batteries!!). I'll see about having someone take my photo... but I'm sure the camera will be mostly aimed at Vanessa :lol:

Unfortunately I don't have a whole lot to show off, I just do my best to cover the bad bits and show the good bits (only good bits are my arms, bottom half of my legs, and collar bone area... the extremities... hate everything in between!)

Anyway, I'm planning a private fashion show in my bedroom tonight. This is where I systematically try on everything in my wardrobe, throw each item on my bed when I'm done with it, then have to pack it all away so I can get to my bed to go to sleep *groan* :roll:
SarahC

Postby Ally » Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:33 am

ok yep yep photos of vanessa, but could we have one posted of you too?? am building quite a photo board Sarah and would like one of you on it too. Love the private fashion show thing, hope you ended up being able to find the bed!! LOL :lol: good theory that!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby KimE » Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:40 am

Hehe I do this too, although last time anything that went on the bed went to the op shop. Had a big clean out on Monday of clothes that don't fit.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby SarahC » Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:55 am

Well, the fashion show was a bit smaller than I had planned. I was just too tired to face having to pack away all those clothes. But, everything that I tried on fitted :D Some things that were previously far too tight, now fit and are actually quite loose.... very happy 8)

Still not brave enough to throw anything away that has become too big. For some reason, I keep it all in anticipation of the fat returning again (which it always does btw... but not this time!!!!)

I made a point of having my photo taken on Saturday. It is a shocker! I might need to chop off my head before I post it.... I'm making the stupidest face, and I'm still recovering from a run-in with the hairdresser, who decided to cut off all my hair!

The photos of Vanessa are much, much better! She was just stunning :D

Small confession... I drank myself silly on the weekend. I am still recovering, and it's Tuesday already :cry: Only good thing is that I drank gallons of water, which no doubt lessened the impact.... slightly :(

As soon as I can move out of my own way, I'll get the photos up on here :)
SarahC

Postby Ally » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:11 am

Glad you had a great time Sarah....It doesn't hurt to let your hair down (or lack of)!!! LOL

:shock: My goodness your hairdresser cut off your hair!! I hope that you are not too dissappointed with it.....but you know what they say..the difference between a good hair cut and a bad one is about 6 weeks :P

Cant wait to see the pics!!!!
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:04 am

cant wait to see them!!! especially the hair!!
kate_turner2000

Postby SarahC » Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:06 pm

Ok... finally got myself sorted with the pics. This is very bad, as you see, no hair! The dress was actually a little big :shock: The only thing holding it up is the thing around my neck... the rest kept falling down so I was very self conscious of it (well until the alcohol started to take effect that is :lol: )

Well now that's over with, I have a much better one. I ended up with 12 photos of Vanessa, but thought this was the best...

Like the massive tattoo?? At least her hair's grown back now, and she's not as skinny as she was before. Getting back to how she used to be... :)
SarahC

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:25 pm

you look lovely sarah :) sorry you werent happy with your hair, its good that hair grows back though! you're a lucky girl seeing vanessa, she is awesome. that tatt is massive lol! thanks for sharing the pics with us!
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:02 pm

Thanks for sharing your pic Sarah, you look lovely in that dress.

Didn't know Vanessa Amorosi had a tattoo like that on here...but then I am not a follower of her music. Maybe one day when I am not so self conscious you will get to see my massive tattoo! :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Ally » Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:35 pm

Thanks for that Sarah, you look great!! Ah yes alcohol...nothing like it for throwing away our inhibitions!! :P

Can't get over the size of that tat on Vanessa's arm!!!
[/url]
Ally

Postby SarahC » Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:45 am

Thank you guys :D

Yes, Vanessa's tattoo was the subject of much discussion after the show! I am positive that it's not real, as it looks like one of those henna tattoos. But, I thought the same thing when I first saw her other one (it's a cross, on the inside of her upper arm), so it may well be real :lol:

Couldn't believe how big my dress was though. I was a bit surprised to see the photo. I know I look thin in it, but I felt way thinner 8)

Embarassing story for your entertainment.... They had those automatic flushing toilets, and can you guess what happened? The thing flushed while I was sitting on it :shock: I got such a fright that I jumped up.. and the whole of the back of the dress got soaked!!!! :lol: Thankfully the dress is black so you couldn't really tell, but the back of the dress was falling already, so the extra weight of the water.... oh dear :oops:
SarahC

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:38 am

oh gawd! lol. people probably thought you wet yourself! just kidding lol. you'll have to go in search of a new formal type of gown to wear to special occasions hehe.
kate_turner2000

Postby Dolly » Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:25 pm

Hi Sarah, you look so beautiful.
My sons fiancee had hair grown to the waist and went to the hairdressers for a light trim. Before she knew it her beautiful mermaid hair was up to her armpits. The hairdresser told her she had to remove that much because of the split ends. She has been upset for weeks as it took years for her to grow and get the look she wanted.
One time a hairdresser was about to cut my long hair off (and having experienced an over trim once before) I told him no thank you I like split ends. He said but you can't split ends will destroy your hair, I said firmly again, no thank you I like split ends (so I later got my sister to trim off 2 inches instead of the 5 he was going to hack off) I only wanted him to wash and set my hair in curlers and he wanted to practice hair cutting, ha!

I'm glad your night out at the Vanessa Amorosi consert was a blast.
Dolly

Postby SarahC » Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:33 pm

Oh no!! It is so annoying when the hairdresser does not listen to what you say, and just does their own thing. Like they know what's best for you. But they forget that you're the one who has to live with it after they have had their fun :x

Hehe... the dress dried pretty quickly though which was lucky, it's a very light material. I have a few others to choose from for further occasions, but they are a few years old, so a more "up to date" one might be the go :)
SarahC

Postby SarahC » Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:29 pm

Well it looks as though my run of really great progress has officially come to an end. I just realised that I finally reached under 50kgs about three weeks ago and since then, it's just been going up and down between 49.5 and 50.5kg (mostly towards the upper end, or more!) :(

About three weeks ago (around 27 Sept) is when I would have expected my period to arrive... but I'm still waiting :evil: If it's possible to have PMS for three weeks in a row, then that's me! I'm about ready to tear my hair out no joke :(

Also at that time, I started eating more (upset about my job, and also my grandpa passed away :cry: ) - but that only lasted for about a week or so and I'm back on track now. Just a few extra snacks sneaking in in the middle of the night still though...

*Attempting to think clearly through my foggy head* Plan of action might be:
A. Wait for my period to arrive and for the fluid retention to leave. If this does not happen very soon, I will eat my hat!! :evil:
B. If my body is determined to make me suffer, then I will look at changing my eating and excercise. The zig-zag eating pattern mentioned in the plateaus thread looks good. Plus I should be doing more weights than what I am - less cardio and more weights cannot hurt.
SarahC

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress