It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:03 am

Free Newsletter

Sarah's Progress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Postby Ally » Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:52 pm

Certainly sounds like you have some firm planning ideas there Sarah, I hope it works out for you mate and remember to keep us updated on how you go!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:53 pm

hi sarah it sounds like your period has done the harry! hope it all turns out well for you, keep us updated with how you go and what tricks of the trade you try i.e. the zig zag thing etc
hugs!
kate_turner2000

Postby MagicGirl79 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:25 pm

Hi Sarah - just checking cause I'm new here, is this a regular occurrence for you for your period to be 3 weeks late? If not then maybe you need to go to the Dr to find out if a) your pregnant (if that's possible) or b) to make sure there isn't anything else wrong.

I guess I'm fairly lucky in the fact that my period is regular as clockwork, so if it didn't arrive for 3 weeks, I'd be freaking out.

Anyway, hope it all sorts itself out soon.
Cheers,
Kate
MagicGirl79

Postby SarahC » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:35 am

Hi Kate - you are so lucky, I am envious!

My periods are all over the shop, and always have been. At the moment, I'm averaging 39 days, but ranging from 33 to 52. (Day 55 today :x ) I have lost them completely twice before: once for 12 months, yes a whole year, whilst in the Navy. That was due to extreme stress, which made my estrogen level drop very low (they were at lower levels than you would find in a post-menopausal woman :shock: ). The other time was for about 6 months and probably more of a similar situation to what I am in now... I was doing tonnes of excercise in the gym, and my weight had become quite low, probably about what it is now.

Not too keen on going to the doctor. Doctors are useless... that's my experience of Navy medics talking, civvy doctors could be a bit better who knows. Can't be bothered finding out!

My last period was just at the time when I started to really pull the reigns in on my eating habits, and ramped up the excercise by an extra 30-40 mins a day. And my weight dropped dramatically - over 2kgs a month for two months running (which is HEAPS for me, usually I can only lose 1kg a month :shock: ). So, I think this is a very likely explanation... I will have to try to be patient and see what happens, but like I said, PMS for three weeks :evil:

Thanks for your concern :wink:
SarahC

Postby SarahC » Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:48 am

Well, still no progress to report on the period front... I have now given up hope on that! :x

My scales have refused to say anything different for over a month now which is a bit frustrating since I have been working really hard. But I'm a bit pleased as it means that I've been able to maintain my (low!) weight for that time. This is great for me because normally when I start doing really well, I will start "rewarding" myself with extra food, then a bit more, and a bit more again, and before I know it I'm right back where I started :shock: Not this time though *fingers crossed*!

I got my tape measure out last night as well. I've lost 7cm from my waist so far (gone from 76cm down to 69cm - amazing!). I held the tape measure around my waist at 76cm, and it was so loose, couldn't believe it :D

And, finally went and had that facial yesterday. It was great and I felt so relaxed after it. I think I deserved it after slogging my guts out working at the Cox Plate yesterday (I have second job as a waitress... I'm working all the race meetings of the Cup carnival, I'm going to be dead by the end of it!!). They did a back massage as part of it as well, and the therapist was just shocked at the tightness of the muscles in my neck and shoulders. Every massage person and physio that has ever touched my shoulders has not been able to believe it - most say they've "never seen anything like it". Oh dear :roll:
SarahC

Postby Ally » Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:57 am

I am glad that you finally had a chance to relax Sarah. You have had so many things happen in such a short period of time, you deserved some pampering!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:12 am

hi sarah

you have done really well :) did you see any famous people at the cox plate?

i cant stand people touching my shoulders and massages etc. lol i dont like being touched lol. but im glad you enjoyed your facial and massage :) you deserve it!
kate_turner2000

Postby hushpuppy » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:29 pm

Ho sarah . You deseved the pampering . Wow the Cox plate . I used to be a waitress here in tassie at the races the biggest thing we had was the lonnie cup lol Nothing like the cox plate but u are right u do feel dead at the end of a shift.
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Previous

Return to Personal Progress