It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:34 pm

Free Newsletter

Lili's losing it!

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Lili's losing it!

Postby lili44 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:21 pm

I'm a 19 year old aussie who is hopefully going to be able to drop a couple of kgs. I've just started the Kate Morgan Weightless Programme in order to lose the weight i gained leading up to and during my knee reconstruction. I joined the programme because my knee has only just come out of its' zimma brace (yesterday for that matter) so i can really only do my rehab and light excercise. I am pumped to lose weight this way because i have often struggled with my self image. I've been a competative swimmer for 9 years and during that time i often felt inadequete and eventually developed an eating disordor. These days i really dont care what people think of my body and i just to want to be comfortable with me. Thats why i really want to get back to my 'pre knee' weight.

Day 1

So today is the start of my journey.
Start weight: 96kg
Goal Weight: 80kg

so far i've followed the diet to the t. Not that hard to do on day 1 i guess :lol:
anyway i've tried two of the shakes (vanilla and berry) and had a pear for my morning snack.
I quiet liked the vanilla (4 stars out of 5) and i didnt HATE the berry (2.5 stars).
I'm heading off for a short walk now. I'm not allowed to push it because of my knee.

I'll check in again tommorrow. :D
lili44

Re: Lili's losing it!

Postby onthedecrease » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:24 pm

welcome lili,

Best of luck to you on your journey, looking forward to following your progress :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvgjwLj/]
[/url]
onthedecrease

Postby lili44 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:27 pm

Thanks Onthedecrease :D

I boiled some eggs after your suggestion this afternoon. I'm only allowed to have one snack a day so i might save them for the days that i'm in the pool.
I have an appointment with my physio tommorrow afternoon. I'm looking forward to being given some excercises to do!

:D
lili44

Postby lili44 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:48 pm

Checking in again

I Felt a bit tired today and i think its because of the diet. Oh well early night then so i can be up early tommorrow morning for some cycling and swimming. THATS RIGHT, EXCERCISE! I went to the physio today and got a rehab programme. He was really impressed with my knee and said that i had full extension and that at 6 weeks i am doing so well :D anyway the rehab allows cycling and some light pool work so yay for that. Apparently though no drinking and going out and dancing for another 6 weeks, but atleast that allows me to stay in control and not to be tempted to consume unwanted calories.

I tried the chocolate shake today for breakfast. It was delicious (5 out of 5), it tasted like a choccy milk you would buy from the store. I also had the butterscotch (3 out of 5). The shakes are leaving me kind of hungry but i guess my stomach is just taking time to re-adjust to smaller portion sizes.

Off to bed now to get that earlier mentioned earlier night.

:D
lili44

Postby lili44 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:30 am

I got to swim this morning! granted it was only for half an hour but thats better than nothing right?
unfortunately the swimming made me really hungry for the rest of the day. I tried the choc orange shagke this morning (4.5) but i missed my second meal replacement because i forgot my shaker. However, i did try the kate morgan mushroom soup and considering what was in it it was YUM (just water, onion, mushroom and stock). Im still really hungry all the time though, especially before bed. Any hints as to how to curb the night time hunger cravings?

I decided to set a mini goal. My brothers and cousins graduation dinner is in roughly two months, so by that time i am aiming to be < 90kg (hopefully 88kg). its not to unreasonable - hopefully :D
lili44

Postby onthedecrease » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:15 pm

well done on the exercise lilli, thats great news!

Dont forget to have the min 2liters water, your snacks and extra protein to compensate for the exercise. It will prolly take about a week for your tummy to get used to the shakes, its a positive your enjoying the flavours. keep up the great work :D
[/url]
onthedecrease

Postby lili44 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:07 am

I had my first weigh in today and was extremely pleased to learn that i had lost 2.9 kg. (i weighed in at 93.7)
However, tonight i cheated a little by picking at the hot chipsthat the rest of the family were eating for dinner. Its so hard when your surrounded by hot, good smelling yet naughty food. I eventually went and read in my room while they ate - there is no point testing yourself this much i reckon. I also cheated on the weekend by drinking alcohol which is not allowed. 2 out of 4 of my drinks were low carb though, although i know its still not good. :(

anyway back on best behaviour tommorrow so hopefully there can be another loss next week.
lili44

Postby onthedecrease » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:18 pm

well done Lili, 2.9kg is a massive loss just keep in mind that the 2nd week is traditionally the smallest week as your body adjusts. Keep up the great work :D
[/url]
onthedecrease

Postby lili44 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:47 pm

thanks, OTD thats good to know. I've also been going to the gym this week so i may be building some muscle which of course weighs more than fat, so i'll take that into account.
lili44

Postby lili44 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:25 pm

im a bit worried about the weigh in tommorrow because i cheated twice this week with alcohol. I went out on both friday and saturday so im sure i consumed WAAAAAY to many empty cals. Oh well, i'll see how i go.
lili44

Postby miss_viva » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:09 am

Good luck with your weigh in Lili! You've done really well so far. Don't worry about the little slip ups, as long as you keep being healthy the majority of the time, you'll get there! :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby lili44 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:55 pm

Thanks Miss Viva, i have been good the majority of the time. Its not like i cant give up alcohol its just that its a big part of my social life and ultimately im losing weight to improve my life not to take away from it. Im just trying to choose low cal drinks. :D

the weigh in today actually went pretty good. I lost 1.7kg this past week. All up that brings me to a total loss of 4.7 kg in two weeks, it feels great :D
excercise also feels so much better, Although i still cant run walking has been brilliant. I'm trying to get atleast 1 40min sesh in at the gym everyday, two on a good day.
lili44

Postby onthedecrease » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:51 am

Well done Lili, thats a fantastic result!!! Keep up the great work.

Dont forget you dont need alcohol to have fun, it really is just empty calories.
[/url]
onthedecrease

Postby lili44 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:45 pm

yeah i know it is empty calories but i just love the social side of having drinks with my friends. I have however, tried to reduce the amount i drink by having 1 alcoholic drink followed by 1 glass of water. Then i alternate between the two. Its saving me cash as well which is really helpful considering i have been out drinking the last 2 nights and i plan to go out again tonight.
lili44

Postby lili44 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:23 am

I weighed in this morning and found that i had lost a disapointing half a kilo. Oh well :(
lili44

Next

Return to Personal Progress