It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:03 am

Free Newsletter

Christina's Progress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Christina's Progress

Postby Puffer » Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:05 pm

Well, I am at the end of my third week counting kilojoules using the calorieking software and this has been my best week yet. I got 'two ticks' three days this week (a tick for 30 minutes exercise minimum and a tick for being under kilojoule target) and my average net kilojoules for the week was under my target of 5500kj for the first time.

I lost 500g or so in the first couple of days, but since it became 'that time of the month' I dont seem to have lost any more. Im hoping it is just water retention and will show up as extra loss next week!

It is a shame, because I was really hoping to get to 72kg this week. When I reach 72kg I will be the lightest I have been in a couple of months. My first 'proper' goal is under 70kg, which will mean I am the lightest I have been in 3 years. When I get to under 65kg I will be the lightest I have been in over 5 years. My 'healthy weight goal' is 62kg which I think will make me a size 10-12. If I ever get there (fingers crossed) I will decide if I want to keep going or if I am happy at 62kg.

Fingers crossed for tomorrows weigh in!
Puffer

Postby Dolly » Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:11 pm

Hi Christina, it looks like CalorieKing is working well for you, congratulations!
Dolly

Postby KimE » Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:13 pm

Well done Christina...I too use that software it is such a big help.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:32 am

Hi christina

wow its great that you have found a programme that is helping you get results. :) ive heard great thigns about the calorie king. :) my goal is 70kgs but i need to get below that for my bmi but if i get to 70kg and im not happy there i will go further. id be happy in a 12-14 outfit :) im not naturally a skinny person and my sisters and i are all the same body type but theyre not as big as me theyre 12-14's too. good luck with your goal, pelase keep us updated!!
kate_turner2000

Postby Puffer » Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:47 am

Well, I weighed in yesterday as as suspected I only lost 0.5kg this week. Only 0.5kg despite my 7 day average being under my target of 5500kj for the first time! I am hoping that the actual fatloss was more, and like I said in my first post it was water retention stopping me from loosing weight.

I have been doing dodgy measurements, I say dodgy because im sure some weeks I pull the measuring tape tighter or looser! I think they are starting to be a bit more accurate now I have developed some kind of system. According to my measurements despite no actual weight loss I lost 1cm of each arm and 2.5cm off my spare tyre this week 8)

I also couldn't help but jump on the scales this morning and it said 72.5!
Puffer

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:14 pm

hi christina

(do people call you tina for short?) my sister name is christina and we call her tina :)

i have given up on measuring myself. i think i was doing it wrong lol. will try again in a few weeks.
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:39 pm

I too have measuring problems. Get this, the measurements (hip and waist) don't seem to have changed over the last 5 weeks yet my pants are still getting looser. Somethings being lost just not sure what? I'm close to going into 12's....yayyyyy!!
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:00 pm

:o oh i cant wait to get to a 12-14 size!! well the last few weeks my pants have been looser but my measurement has stayed the same too. think i will measure myself once a month only lol
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:22 pm

Actually doing measurements once a month may be the way to go. I mean if the clothes are getting looser all the rest hardly matters...but it's sooooo easy to hang on to those figures on the scales and tape!
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Puffer » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:00 pm

Well I decided to measure every week, even if it wasn't that accurate, because I figured over time if there the difference would show (because surely you can't loose/gain large amounts eg 5cm through inaccurate measuring).

Mostly I just wanted to come in and own up! I went out to dinner tonight and had Chinese... and boy, did I eat some Chinese! I forgot how big the meals were and ordered one each for boyfriend and myself when realisticly we should have just shared. I also had rice (I don't usually have carbs at dinner time) and everyone else we were eating with were big people and ordered two meals each so I ended up having a mouthful of everything!

When I used to diet I would just give up and not count on these kind of days. Well I am not going to let myself cop out! So here is everything I ate at dinner time (a whole 6000+kj and 70+ grams of fat):

One short soup (I was actually close to full after this! But somehow also managed to eat the rest)
One spring roll
Half a chicken omlette (that was my meal, I planned before we went out to only have chicken omlette and a non deep friend entree but I just couldn't help it!)
1.5 of those little bowls of rice
One little bowl singapore noodles
two pieces of deep fried, battered pork
Two little pieces of satay chicken (not deep fried)
One mouthful of peeking duck
Half a banana fritter and one small scoop of ice cream
an after dinner mint
a marshmallow

I did only drink diet coke and water which so at least on the drinks side things weren't too bad!

My total for the day was around 8500kj. So I am borderline on gaining weight today. I am not going to beat myself up over it because I was close to or under my kj count every day last week and will try to be as good as possible for the rest of the week. I just need to recognise that I can't control myself in those sorts of 'buffet' food situations and try to avoid them!

PS - I don't really like the name 'tina' so have always discouraged people calling me that :oops:
Puffer

Postby Ally » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:11 pm

Thanks for being honest enough to post that Christina...that is the best way to do it. I too was like you and you to just gloss over it and shrug it off, but when yousee it in print, it makes you accountable for what you have eaten. This way we are facing up to our eating habits and I feel that we are better able to challenge ourselves to make better choices in the future (check out my food diary for my little faux paus!!) It is great that you are not going to "beat yourself up" over it, just put it down to experience and see how you can better deal with those buffets, as you said. Keep your chin up matey!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby alex_bilson » Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:24 pm

Hi Christina,

Well I can feel a little less guilty as I just had to come on and confess to eating like 2 serves of tiramisu and mud cake tonight. (like 2 serves of each, haha).

umm.... unlike you though, at least you were out in a social setting .... I was just at work scoffing leftovers!

Anyway... I too think it's good that you wrote down what you ate. It will help you to remember that for the rest of the week and adjust what you eat in the next few days accordingly.

I think you are absolutely correct to not beat yourself up- that can do no good. In fact I would actually go one step further to say I hope you enjoyed your meal, I wish you could have enjoyed it more without feeling guilty. You should be able to do that sometimes.

And look how good you were, eating only a couple of bites of everything, and drinking water and diet coke... little efforts but efforts all the same :)

Well done on not letting it bog you down, hold your head high and press on and you can still see results :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wXCD80z/]
[/url]
alex_bilson

Postby KimE » Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:14 am

Hi Christina
On Saturday night I allow myself to have whatever I want. Sometimes I list the detail on here in my food diary and sometimes I just say 'ate lots of crap' but I ALWAYS put it in my personal food diary on the calorieking software so I know the damage eventhough I have allowed myself to eat whatever it is. Quite often the cals aren't too horrendous but the fat intake is way beyond my daily allowance. As we don't eat take aways at our place we make the home made version on Saturday night so I get to have my fatty naughty treat then. It is surprising how quickly the cal and fat count builds up when having a buffet style feast.
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Puffer » Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:58 pm

Thanks for your comments everyone!

I couldn't help but weight myself this morning as my period is all but over and I weigh 72kg :lol: I obviously didn't loose a whole 1kg in two bad days of dieting, so I really so agree with the water retention most women say they get.

I had another shocking day today because the bf bought KFC home for me. He is so sweet, he really tried to pick what he thought was the 'best' thing on the menu, a sweet chilli twister and a small chips and a pepsi max and although it was a whopping 4500kj worth it was yummo! and I decided I would eat it and enjoy his gift, and I did :)

I wasn't going to eat dinner, but did anyway, so thats two really high kj days this week, but I will catch up I am sure. I havn't been as disiplined because I am sick and feeling a bit sorry for myself. I also havn't been exercising because I have been sick.

I know I won't gain weight though, which is the important thing. When I am well again I am going to try and exercise every day for a week to get back on track.
Puffer

Postby Puffer » Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:01 pm

I just had to add, I was admiring my new ticker and noticed that the turkey seems to be about a quarter of the way. And then I realised... 3kg *is* 1/4 of the way to 12kg! Awesome!
Puffer

Next

Return to Personal Progress