It is currently Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:25 am

Free Newsletter

Christina's Progress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:44 pm

oh christina i felt your frustration through your post :( i hope this is only a short term thing you have to live with. i am glad you went and saw a dr about it though because you could have gone on with life and it probably would have been worse later on down the track. keep us updated. hugs!

Postby KimE » Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:43 pm

Crikey Christina that is really difficult for you.

OK so they know what it is and can treat albeit with drugs with the crappiest sounding side effects ever but do they know why this happened.

Kate's right you do sound frustrated and have every reason to be. I would be spitting pun intended.

Keep us updated on how you go and how you are. This weightloss business is a hard enough road without any medical conditions to complicate or hinder it.

We are here for you. *hugs*
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs

Postby milkyway » Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:44 pm

what a bummer, Christina, but at least you are getting the treatment you require. It sounds pretty scary. Anyway, I really hope you can keep the weight off. Stick around and let us know how you're going.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg

Postby Puffer » Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:08 pm

Thanks guys, it is so nice to know that no matter how naughty I have been and how long since I posted I can come back to share my thoughts and receive some support from the forum regulars :D

Now I need to go spend some time catching up on your personal progress :wink:

Re: Christina's Progress

Postby Puffer » Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:07 pm

I have just come back to WL forum after a long time away from it. I have to say I find it really hard to read this thread - it just reminds me of how many times I have started weight loss only to fail the very same day or succeed in some small measure put the weight on later.

Last time I posted, I think I was around 73kg. Now I am 78kg. The evil medication I described almost 9 months ago did make me put on weight. It was really weird, it didn't increase my appetite but it is like it stopped my stomach from talking to my brain. I would never feel hungry, but I would also never feel full so I ended up eating these ridiculous portion sizes! I havn't had to go back on it since the first two month long stint, which is fab because that medication also messes with your head, not just your stomach!

I also did end up setting a date for the wedding, after I realised if I waited until I lost weight we would never get married :roll:
I 100% expect to be fat for my wedding. But I can't help but try to loose weight again for the 1000th time, knowing how much I will hate looking back on my photos. I also dream of wearing a bikini on my honeymoon, although realisticly I expect to spend it being embarrassed at everyone seeing me in my swimmers :cry:

I wonder if the same people still hang on this forum? Time to go check out the other personal progress threads and then jump on the treadmill :D

Postby Tarz » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:36 pm

Hi Christina, You need to think more positively about your weightloss. Your talking like you have already been defeated. You have already lost one kg which means your off to a running start. If you think it'll help, start a new thread! A fresh new approach to weightloss needs a fresh new thread especially if this one haunts you with past attempts. If you eat right and do exercise your gonna look beautiful at your wedding. Even if you aren't the weight you want to be you will look so radient just because you have taken care of yourself. I believe you can do it, just stay determined and keep imagining yourself on your wedding day and how you want to look.
Keep going girl, your doing well!

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:25 pm

Hi Christina,

You left before I joined so we don't know each other but I'd like to echo what Tara said. You can do this! Look on every change as being for your health and you'll find a benefit in a healthier lifestyle even if you don't lose as much weight as you would like.

Are you still having the hunger/portion control issues even though you're not on the medication any more? If so many you need to measure your food portions out instead of listening to your body. I know that portion control has always been one of my issues so if you find any useful tips in combating portion-creep please feel free to share them!

Good luck. I know you can do it!

Postby hippy_shake » Wed May 28, 2008 5:41 am

Hey Christina
Have just been reading through this thread cuz i noticed we have a similar wedding date and a similar(ish) amount of weight we want to loose! So just wanted to wish you all the best with your weightloss! And hope the wedding plans don't stress you out :)
Jane :)

SW:80- 21/05/08

Return to Personal Progress