It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:35 am

Free Newsletter

Christina's Progress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Postby hushpuppy » Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:26 pm

LOL@ VSU im sure he didnt have a reply there mate . You are ding great im sure ur goal will be done by xmas
Cheers Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby KimE » Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:12 am

Keep at it Christina your doing great.

It is a good idea writing it all out like you are doing so you can really see what you have done and if you need to change anything.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Puffer » Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:29 am

Look at my ticker! I'm into the 60's... only just but still 8) So I have 1.5 kilos to loose before christmas now, thats half a kilo a week *fingers crossed*

I have been a bit naughty this week and stopped counting kilojoules, so this is just my vague memory of what I have eaten here. I stopped counting because I was lazy though, not because I've been eating badly (although probably a bit more than usual because it is easier to sneak in an extra bikki when your not counting hehe)

Takeaway: 6/1 Yes, bad, I know. Mostly it was 'good' takeaway except wed night my boyfriend went to see a movie with a friend and I couldn't be bothered to cook for myself or to go to the supermarket (there was no food in the house) so I ordered in a pizza :oops: I was trying to be good and got a thin and crispy margarita (half the kj of most types of pizza) but then I went nuts and ate almost the whole pizza :oops: needsless to say I felt sick as a dog (both from eating too much and because I am lactose intolerant) and I don't ever want to eat pizza again now :oops:
Chocolate" only 2-3 small serves of dark chocolate all up, probably about 75g. I'm actually starting to get sick of chocolate knowing that dark chocolate is all I can eat 0/0 other chocolate
Evil Dairy foods: 2/0
Fruit: 2/7 minimum
Calcium I was over 1000mg for 1/5 days
Multivitamin: I took my multivitamin 1/5 times this week
Exercise: I went to the gym 3/5 times this week. 2/2 of those times I went to a workshop or a class. Overall not too bad. I finally got to a pump class and I was sooo sore the next two days!

I lost 0.5 kilo this week and am 2.5 kilos closer to my goal of loosing 4kg before Christmas.
Puffer

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:33 am

that ticker is looking dinkum christina! keep up the great work!
kate_turner2000

Postby Mandie » Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:35 pm

well done christina thats great news, a 60s girl!! :D
Mandie

Postby hushpuppy » Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:13 pm

good going christina u can reach goal mate
jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby Ally » Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:32 am

Good on you Christina, you must have the biggest grin on your face!! Well done on being a 60's girl!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby KimE » Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:25 am

You are doing very well there Christina, keep up the effort. :D
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby ~Ash~ » Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:54 am

good on you christina!
Go team MAGENTA!!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
~Ash~

Postby Puffer » Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:15 pm

(I feel like saying "dear diary" at the start of this post!)

Well it has been a long time since I have posted here. So much has happened, but not on the weight loss department unfortunately.

For awhile I have wanted to get a job related to my degree that would improve my career prospects when I finish uni and found my 'dream job' but I didn't get it, and was pretty upset because I first heard about the position becoming available 6 months ago and had dreamed about it ever since!

Just a few days later in one of my two jobs, where they are really struggling financially, I got told not to come in again until mid January. I was pretty upset because I was already a bit behind on our 'bills money' (my partner pays the mortgage and I put money aside each fortnight so we always have money to pay our bills when they arrive... but during exam time etc. I 'borrow' money from the bills money if I need it) and the prospect of having only half of my income for over a month over christmas was hard to deal with. In the other job I loved the people I worked with but the management just treats us like disposable casuals and the pay wasn't go great, so I was already looking to get out of there... long story short I was very unhappy with my employment/financial situation

So with that in mind I applied for a Paralegal position I had already seen advertised but didn't apply for because it was too far for me to drive to work everyday. I called, got an interview for the very next morning without them even seeing my resume, and was offered the position before the interview was even over! The pay is great, the atmosphere is great and we certainly arn't treated like disposable casuals! I am doing conveyancing work and it is full on 'real' work that I am trusted to do... not like one of my other jobs where they constantly looked over all the casuals shoulders and didn't trust them to do anything properly! Even better it is full time until uni starts so I am all cashed up!

The following weekend on the 8th December I went skydiving and it was awesome! I would do it again in a heartbeat. I had wanted to go skydiving for ages and my Dad and I always planned to go but never got around to it. I ended up going with my boyfriend as his birthday present. I was going to ring Dad and tell him all about it but didn't get around to it... I usually talk to him reasonably often but with new job etc. had been too busy to call.

On the 18th I had the christmas party for my new job. I even got given a christmas present even though I had only been there a week and a half! Things seemed to be working out until I got a call from the police while I was at the Christmas party. The neighbours who live across the road from my Dad (he lives by himself) called them concerned that they hadn't seen him and his mail was piling up... The police went around there and broke into his house and found his body in bed. He had committed suicide and his suicide note was dated the 9th of December... one day after we went skydiving and I thought to call him but 'didn't get around to it'. He was 57.

Being the only family living close enough to Sydney I had to organise everything in the short term. I had to go to Sydney and collect his suicide note from the police, and I had to go to his house and collect his will etc which he left on the kitchen table. I don't know if any of you remember how hot it was in Sydney from the 9th to the 18th but a house doesn't smell pretty after someone's body has been in it for 9 days in the heat... even after we paid $2k for a special forensic cleaning service which included running some air cleaning device for 24hours...

We didn't have anything really to do but to have 'christmas as normal' and then go back to Sydney to sort out Dad's house afterwards. They had trouble identifying his body (they didn't ask me to but I would have refused anyway) and then everyone at the morgue went on holidays (what a joke!) so they wouldn't release his body until the 2nd December. His funeral was on the 8th nearly an entire month since he died... I found christmas was really hard. Even harder was the fact that everyone but me seemed to be pretending nothing was wrong. My sister is too tough to cry and mum hadn't had much to do with him for 15 years so she was already reasonably ok with things by christmas.

After christmas we spent 3 weeks in a hotel cleaning up Dads house and organising his funeral. We had no choice but to eat out every meal of every day. The good news is I somehow managed to only gain 1.5kg, and I lost 1kg of that last week so I am at 70kg now.

I'm back in Canberra now trying to get 'back to normal' whilst still sorting out Dad's estate. Being the law student I seem to have somehow been given 100% of the duties associated with this. It is a bit of a nightmare, especially trying to sell his business and do his tax.

At the same time we are busily trying to finish renovating two more rooms of our house before my 21st birthday party in two weeks. I hopefully will have 20-30 people there and need the room in the third bedroom that is currently full of carpet!

So cheers if you managed to get through all of that. I don't mind if no one does but it feels nice to get it all down... congrats to everyone on their weight loss or at least weight maintenence over the christmas period...
Puffer

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:32 pm

HI christina

welcome back! its lovely to see your little user name around here again. well done on not gaining over xmas but im sure that was the last thing on your mind with everything you went through. ia m really sorry that you dad passed away. you must have gone through hell the past month or two and you seem like you are holding up well and you are a strong girl. a lot of anyone to have to go through. remember you are always welcome to vent here on the forum or you can PM anyone you feel comfortable talking to :) ill leave it at that...

on a brighter note congrats on the new job and the skydiving! you must be so game to skydive- i like to be in control so i think sky diving and bungy jumping- that sort of stuff woul completely freak me out! sound slike theyre very welcoming at your new job and the cash is coming in handy!

nice to see you again, much love xoxox
kate_turner2000

Postby slimmindown » Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:24 pm

christina what a devastating shock that must of been for you. 57 is far to young for anyone to leave this earth. suicide is so unfair, my best friend killed herself nearly 8 yrs ago, and I live with the guilt that I was going to call her that night as she had been at my place and while she didnt say anything, I felt like she was trying to and I could tell she was sad. :cry:

I had grief counselling for 6 mths which helped with the 'what if's", as I too found it hard, like everyone else had moved on so quickly and I was left so heart broken to have lost someone so close to me.And had the guilt that I didnt stop it( now knowing that I couldnt, it was her decision).

i hope that you can come to terms with it in your own time and PM me anytime if you feel like it.

on the other news, well done for sky diving, :shock: it is one of those things I would love to do when I get down to a weigth where I dont think I willl fall to the earth like a lead balloon and kill the tandem instructor. I'm glad you recommend it.

well done on loosing that 1 kg you put on,it must be hard with all the renovations and job changes.

and congrats on your up coming 21st, that must be exciting and something to really look forward to... :D
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby Lolly » Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:26 pm

Oh Christina your post made me cry :cry:

I have been where your Dad was before he died. I was one of the lucky ones who found my "happy thought" to keep going during the blackest days of my life.

Never question his decision to end his life though darl - it was his decision and whatever you said or did or didn't say or didn't do had no bearing on it at all - you are not to blame and should not feel guilty (even though those feelings will happen from time to time).

Hang in there, do some exercise and things will slowly get better for you.

Oh, and I hope the party for your birthday goes well :D
Every day I am getting thinner and thinner.....

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wOMybmc/]
[/url]
Lolly

Postby Puffer » Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:37 pm

Lolly wrote:Oh Christina your post made me cry :cry:

I have been where your Dad was before he died. I was one of the lucky ones who found my "happy thought" to keep going during the blackest days of my life.

Never question his decision to end his life though darl - it was his decision and whatever you said or did or didn't say or didn't do had no bearing on it at all - you are not to blame and should not feel guilty (even though those feelings will happen from time to time).

Despite all the "what ifs" I don't feel guilty. Ages ago I had a friend have her boyfriend claim he would commit suicide if she left him and we had a big discussion about it and I very firmly decided my views were that no one but the person themselves is responsible for taking their own life. No matter what anyone does to them, the person who commits suicide is the one responsible for all of the hurt they cause their families. Also my sister pointed out that had I tried to call he probably would have had the phone off the hook. He had drug problems and ever since I called him and got very upset with him when he was using drugs one time he took the phone off the hook before 'those' moments.

At my Dad's funeral my uncle ended his speech with "who can know the pain in the mind of a man who takes his own life?". I don't know exactly what Dad was going through but I certainly know how I am feeling more than a month later...For anyone who is considering suicide - think about how terrible you are feeling right now... it must be pretty terrible right? Consider then if you had the choice to save yourself from that pain, at the cost of transferring it to your family, friends and everyone who loves you tenfold... would you take it? Because that's what suicide does and that's the price that everyone else pays for your decision.
Puffer

Postby KimE » Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:19 am

Hi Christina it is great to see you back again and my sympathies for you and your family, your father's passing must have been terrible for you all. You have certainly been through a years worth of worry, anxiety and pain in the last few months and let's hope things have turned around for you.

Congrats on the job that will tide you over till uni starts that must take some worry off you. Chin up and look forward to your birthday and have a great time.

Well done on your weightloss it's not an easy thing to keep under control at the best of times but during any sort of worry it's much harder.

*hugs*
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress