It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:19 am

Free Newsletter

Christina's Progress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Postby Ally » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:43 pm

Hi Christina I am really at a loss for words to reply to your post, so I will just say that I am here for you if you need to talk....feel free to PM me anytime if you need to. I am sorry for the loss of your dad and that you had to go through the processes almost completely on your own.

I think you did really well and to hardly gain weight was an added bonus!!

Congrats on the skydiving!! My stomach literally heaved when I read that part ( I am a real chicken and I hate heights!!) but good on you for doing something you always wanted to do!! Maybe you should do it again soon and scream at the top of your lungs while you are up there to relieve any frustration or anger or just plain old grief!!

Also congrats on your new job...I hope all goes well for you!!

It is so great to have you back!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby SarahC » Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:20 am

Hi Christina, great to see you back! I'm so sorry to hear about your father... I can't even imagine what that must have been like :( I had a loss in my family too late last year, it is pretty horrible. I didn't realise how much there was to get organised when someone passes away. Our family is only just beginning to see the end of all the paperwork! I do hope that you start feeling a little better soon...

Well done for keeping your weight under control too, that's pretty impressive. And congrats on the new job. It must have been disappointing not to get your 'dream job'... I know what that is like, same happened to me not so long ago :x The new job sounds really great :)
SarahC

Postby Puffer » Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:22 pm

I have left updating for a little while because I have been slack and havn't lost any weight... but I have other news!

I have a new goal now to loose weight before my wedding! I got engaged on Tuesday which was my 21st birthday.

We agreed not to set a date until I lost weight, because I don't want to risk being fat for my wedding... I know if I set a wedding date something will happen or I will be slack and not loose weight in time.

We are having an engagement party in a few months after semester 1 finishes... about 15 weeks away... so I am hoping to loose 10kg before then so we can announce the date at the engagement party.

Let's hope this is enough motivation to kick my butt into gear again ;)
Puffer

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:30 pm

hey christina congrats mate. i remember when i got engaged and you feel so wanted and loved when you are asked to spend the rest of your life with this person who thinks you are the world! im sure you will lose weihgt in your own time, there is no rush :) im sure once you start planning the wedding you will lose weight from the stress of it all! haha. ive been engaged for over 2 years and still no date set yet. just enjoy each others company and you will be fine :) nice to hear from you
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:33 pm

Wow Christina...Happy Birthday for Tuesday and a huge congratulations on your engagement. How exciting!! You have certainly had some big things happen over the last 6 months. Now you have a great incentive to get to the weight you want to be. Get focused and you will make it.

Congratulations!!

:D :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Ally » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:56 am

Congratulations Christina!!!

On both your engagement and your 21st!!!
[/url]
Ally

Postby originalmel » Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:57 am

Congratulations Christina,

Good luck for all the exciting times ahead of you!!
Mel

"Sugar is, essentially, a legalized recreational drug that's socially acceptable to consume."
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wozyNFd/]
[/url]
originalmel

Postby Puffer » Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:18 pm

Ugh well, here I am lacking motivation and still at 71kg! I ate really badly while studying madly for the two exams I have this week.

I have also started body for life about 5 times now and I am starting for the last time this monday. It gives me 7 weeks, so I will be just over halfway, when my enagement party rocks around, and I so desperately want to loose 5-6kg so I can wear a nice dress and look hot! Also around the same time I might be going to the gold coast with a friend who has a body like a model and I want to not feel ashamed to go to the beach, even if I know I will never look as good as her!

My other goals are to go cold turkey on chocolate and pepsi max. None for a whole 12 weeks!
Puffer

Postby Ally » Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:22 pm

Hi Christina....just a thought on going cold turkey on choccie....try just having a small fun sized bar instead of going without this way you won't be craving it and have a blowout...I found that by moderating it, it is easier than not having it....it may or may not work for you darl, but I thought I would share it with you.....

I wish you all the best with your engagement party mate!! YOu will get there and you will look hot for your special night... :wink:
[/url]
Ally

Postby Puffer » Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:51 pm

Thanks Ally :)

I think a small choccie is a good idea, but the problem if you mostly buy small choccies in packs of 12 and then I eat a couple of them instead of just one :oops: I do usually have a caramello koala when I feel like a choccie which is smaller than most, but I will end up going to the shops to have one a day. Im hoping if I can go long enough without one i won't need to have one everyday :evil:
Puffer

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:44 pm

oooh engagement party! ours was a big shindig - shame really because i missed out on catching up with a lot of people because i didnt get around to everyone :? have a great time christina, i am sure you will feel great when it rolls around :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Puffer » Fri May 04, 2007 7:17 pm

Well ok, fess up time, first week is nearly over and although I have followed the eating pricples ok I still havn't made it to the gym. In hindsight I havn't picked a good week to start!

Monday - ate ok, had a terrible headache/neckache so didn't go to the gym, went to bed at 8pm!
Tuesday - ate ok, dropped my bunny off to be desexed, had to pick her up in the arvo and although I fixed my neck by seeing the chiro that afternoon the headache remained so no gym again
Wednesday - My 6 year anniversary. It was a bit of a special day so I was a bit naughty I had a diet coke and a mars bar during the day and we went out for a gormet meal followed by icecream in the evening
Thursday - My fiances auntie from NZ was visiting, so we had a roast dinner. I ate ok but didn't finish work until 6 and knew dinner was at 6:30-7 so I didnt get to the gym
Friday (today) - had a big gormet lunch because work was celebrating making a billing target. I had a vegetable and spinish salad with grilled chicken, but it had a vinegarette which was a bit oily. Also had a coke and a hot chocolate which was a bit naughty! Didn't go to the gym - I justified it saying I got off work late and the gym shuts at 7pm, but in hindsight judging by the time I got home I still would have had time to go!

I will start again this Monday and try and do the right thing in the meantime ;)
Puffer

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri May 04, 2007 7:21 pm

hey christina
wow sounds like you have had a busy week mate. i understand that things get in the way of plans sometimes. put it behind you and start afresh :) you still have 11 weeks to go :)
kate_turner2000

Postby slimmindown » Sat May 05, 2007 1:19 pm

I agree with Kate Christina, you cant change this week so concentrate on next week and you'll be feeling so proud of yourself by this time next week :D
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby Puffer » Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:30 pm

Ok, again, long time no post! I don't post when I feel guilty because I havn't been dieting or going to the gym like I should :oops:

This is turning out to be a bit of a 'woe is me' thread about my life, I know, but I just had to come in and say how utterly frustrated I am!

Since about a month ago I have been getting little red spots on my skin, I assumed it was exam stress related. I googled them and noted the recomendations to see a doctor even though they are usually harmless, didn't get around to going for a few weeks though!

I finally went on Monday after googling again and realising I had some other symptoms (extremely heavy period, easy bruising) which I didn't consider to be connected until then. After a four hour wait at about 8pm (no kidding... the medical centre was so busy, I asked how many patients in front of me (65) and how many doctors (4) then went home for a nap!) I finally got seen, too late to do blood tests though so Tuesday I went back and had the tests done.

Wednesday I had some messages on my phone, one from 7am and one from 8am from the medical centre saying the doctor needed to see me *today* (big emphasis on the today) so I went in straight away. Turns out I had a dangerously low platelet count of 6000. Platelets are little things in your blood which help bind together cuts etc. and stop bleeding. The 'average' count is 140,000-300,000 and under 30,000 is considered to be at risk of internal bleeding. To be honest though I spent the entire day in a great mood because I knew from google my symptoms probably meant low platelets, and low platelets could mean leukemia or lymphoma, but the doctor said the other tests they did were good so it was unlikely to be either of these.

Well Im not in such a good mood now! At 11:30am on wednesday I saw a hematologist at the hospital and he prescribed me with 13 pills to take every day. I am also on orders not to go to the gym or strain myself because of the risk of bleeding. The official diagnosis is 'ITP' which means my immune system has gone awol and is attacking my platelets.

The main drug I am on to treat this is a steroid. I have been told to expect weight gain, putting on fat around my face especially, increased appetite, emotional instability, interrupted sleeping patterns and on top of that the bloody things taste disgusting and leave a bad taste in your mouth for ages! Also its not a good 'make you buff' steriod, it actually increases break down of muscle mass into fat.

I got retested again yesterday, and my platelet count is up to 22,000 which apparently is a good first reaction to the medication. From what I have read this might either go away within 6 months, or I could have it (and be on this type of drug) for the rest of my life. Prolonged use of the steroid (prednisolone if your interested) causes increased blood pressure and blood sugar, leading to diabetes and decreased bone density leading to osteoporosis. In the meantime I am having a whole lot of blood tests, 3 already this week and another one scheduled for Wednesday.

So my new goal now isn't too loose weight, it's not to put any on :evil:
Puffer

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress