It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:54 pm

Free Newsletter

Gutsy's progress.

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: Gutsy's progress.

Postby court » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:04 am

Gutsy I can pretty much ditto your whole post! I was 66 in Spetember/October now have crept up to 70.4!!! It is annoying but you knwo what - I enjoyed the last "few" months :lol: :roll: back into it though! I spent 3 hours at teh gym last night and will get up at sparrow tomorrow morning to do it all again :lol: :cry:
court

Postby Gutsy » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:35 am

You're an inspiration to me Court! I have to follow in your footsteps. Ps, how do you manage to get up so early in this cold weather? Or do you 'JUST DO IT?' That's an idea, I used to always not think about it and just do it. I think I am going to try the 'Nike' approach again.
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcWjzFc/]
[/url]
Gutsy

Postby court » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:25 am

Hey Gutsy! Sorry I didnt see this earlier... well i'll be honest once i "talk myself into something" i do it! it is the "just do it" approach and i know how good i feel afterwards! :roll: I
havent always been like this though it has taken me a long while to get here! i do have one bit of advice though - if you make yourself accountable to different people then it is easier cos you arent only letting yourself down you are letting down the people you are meeting! i have different friends i do different sport things with every week - that being said it can be counter productive as well - because if my friend bails sometimes i think "oh maybe i can have tonight off too"...it is really about having people around you as committed as you are :shock:
Another tip is to join teams - cos you have to be there or you are letting them allll down! good luck :D
court

Postby Gutsy » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:09 pm

Oki Doki, what can I say? I have managed to pick up al 5 the kilos that I lost from last year October when I started this progress diary in he past few months. I am back at 71 kilos :oops:

The past 6 months was hectic, dad in law died and from then on mom in law, just went downwards from being a very healthy woman managing a big house on her own, to getting a few strokes and eventually ending up in a frail care centrum. This and having to move het twice, once from the house, where she and dad in law stayed for 47 years and having to look after her for a while, after one of the strokes, when she could not even go to the bathroom unassisted, really took a toll on our lives.
Needless to say diet and exercise was not high on my priority list. I know it is all still lame excuses but I was amased as to how this crisis just caused all the wheels to come loose.

And then, just as I thought things are sorted, mom in law died te 14th of October. Well it is now 2 weeks later and life goes on, so I am now officially starting over and joining the November challenge as well.

My aims are to eat according to the WW point system and to keep a thorough diary of all my food intake, to exercise much more and to start doing 10 kilos races and a few trail races early next year. I started running/power walking again last week, so at least that is a start.

Here we go!!! Wish me luck, I will be needing lots of it.
[/url]
Gutsy

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:43 pm

That's certainly a tough few months, my condolences.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Gutsy » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:09 am

Thank you Butterfly_Dawn, it has been a tough six months, but life goes on, thankfully! I think things are finally getting back to normal again. At least my eating and exercise habits are slowly improving. I jumped on the scale this morning, just for fun, since it is not yet weigh in day for me and I was delighted to see that I was down to 69.5 kilos. This is te first time since beginning of June that I have been under 70 :D

I am at last beginning to enjoy my runs and walks a bit and I am not just huffing & puffing & dreading every step. My eating is also mostly better, I still have the odd bad day, like last night when I indulged in some chocolates, but mostly, I think before I just put something in my mouth and I am getting quite good at planning lunches ahead, so that I do not need to snack the whole time due to not having eaten a proper meal. Snacking has always been my biggest problem especially after work.

Lets hope that we can all end November with big smiles due to just feeling better about ourselfs.
[/url]
Gutsy

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:54 am

Well done on the under 70's status! Time to wear some rainbow flairs to celebrate? Great to hear you're finding exercise enjoyable now - always helps with the motivation.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Gutsy » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:43 pm

Well, I haven't post on my progress thread in ages! I got back last week from 2 weeks of skiing in Italy. It was great and at least this time I did not fall, so no injuries :D I only have a slight cold that is bugging me a bit. At the moment the only exercise that I am doing is power walking, as soon as I can get rid of this nagging cough, I will start jogging again. I can feel that my legs are much stronger from all the skiing and I am going to try my best to continue exercise and not lose my fitness.

I am afraid that even though I skied a lot, I still ate and drank too much, but at least I did not pick up any weight, so I am still at my post Christmas weight of 70 kilos. I know it is a month late, but I am starting my 2011 weight loss & healthy living as from today!

This time I intend to keep this thread updated and hopefully I will get to my target and stay there.
[/url]
Gutsy

Postby Gutsy » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:34 pm

Once again it has been ages since I was last here and I am still on 70kg. :oops: I really need to get back on track. We are going to te USA middle July and I would like to at least weigh less by then.

To help motivate me, I am going to record my food and exercise here. Hopefully it will help me to stay on track.

Monday 28 March
4 apples
3 rice cakes
80 gr packet of mini easter eggs :oops:
5 almonds
2 mexican burritos wih bean filling
1 peach
3 figs.

Jogged 2 kilos and power walked for 8 kilos (hopefully this sorted the easter eggs)

Monday was not a good day, I had no food packed for work, so only ate apples and rice cakes, hence, when I went shopping after work, I bought the easter eggs and ate them all. At least I am better prepared for today.
[/url]
Gutsy

Postby Gutsy » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:47 pm

Tuesday 29 March

all bran with LF milk and a sliced banana.
apple
6 provitas & 30 gr LF cheese.
Tomato salad
peach
5 dried figs
2 plums
1 skinless chicken thigh in sticky pepper sauce
1/2 cup brown rice
1/2 cup roast sweet potato
1 cup green beans
mixed salad with 1/4 avo
1 pear

Power walked for 6 kilos.
I
[/url]
Gutsy

Postby Gutsy » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:12 am

Wednesday March 30

all bran with LF milk & sliced banana
apple
leftover 3/4 cup brown rice with beans and tomato & 1 T LF mayo
5 dried figs
2 bunches of grapes (one was quite big :oops: )
2 fishcakes cooked on the health griller & tomato salad.

I decided on Tuesday to give up all sugary food for Lent, so now I tend to eat way too much fruit to compensate.That's ok though, I feel it is still better than eating sweets & cakes.

Jogged 3 kilos & power walked 3 kilos.
[/url]
Gutsy

Postby Gutsy » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:27 pm

Thursday 31 March

2 apples
4 prunes
toasted sandwich with wholeweat bread 30 gr lf cheese & tomato
beef pilaf made with lean mince, basmati rice, carrots peas and spices - yummy
1 bunch of grapes
4 dried figs

No exercise :oops:
[/url]
Gutsy

Postby Gutsy » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:25 pm

Friday 1 April

Allbran LF & milk
2 apples
leftover beef pilaf
5 dried figs
2 fishcakes & tomato salad
some dried sausage ( a South African delicacy)

Jogged for 4 kilos and power walked for 6 kilos.

The rest of the weekend was not good, we went to a wildlife park from Satuday morning to Sunday late afternoon and I ate way more than I should. O well, at leats it was fun.
[/url]
Gutsy

Postby Gutsy » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:47 pm

Monday 4 april
allbran FF milk & banana
apple raisins 4 dried figs
veggie soup
sapghetti carbonara & tomato salad
grapes 2 T pistachios

Still no exercise, I felt a bit fluey last night, so I decided not to run. :(
[/url]
Gutsy

Postby Gutsy » Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:29 am

Tuesday April 5
allbran FF milk & banana
green beans & butternut green salad.
1 T raisins 4 dried figs 2 rice cakes
curried lean mince basmati rice pea & corn mix roast butternut & an apple

Wednesday April 6
allbran FF milk & banana
small portion spaghetti bolognese & grapes
dried fruit roll(sugar free) 6 dried figs
small portion for curried lean mince & tomato salad
2 prunes & small bunch od grapes.

Thursday April 7
FF plain yoghurt & a mango.
40grams mixed dried fruit strips
2 glases of red wine & 2 jagemeisters :oops:
chicken breast curry, rice & 2 sambals. (we went out for a team lunch)
salad with some avo (about 1/6 avo) apple & 6 dried figs.

I am still having way too much dried fruit and due to the current bad weather here, I have not done any exercise since last Friday :oops:
[/url]
Gutsy

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress