It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:02 am

Free Newsletter

HappyGirl83's journey to becoming a happy girl :)

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

HappyGirl83's journey to becoming a happy girl :)

Postby HappyGirl83 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:23 pm

Hey guys

I thought I’ve been around here now for a few months that I might start my own progress thread.

Ok some background.
I started out at the end of August weighing 116kg and now I weigh 104kg, with a current loss of 12kg. I would love to get down to 60kg. I just got totally and utterly sick of wasting my 20’s being fat. I got sick of making excuses of why I couldn’t go places with my friends. I got sick of sitting alone at home feeling depressed and upset that I was pushing all my friends away. It was such a bad cycle because I would eat while I was home alone to make myself feel better. Vicious circle isn’t it?

I used to weigh about 55kg until I was 21. I was ridiculously confident and probably even a little full of myself lol. But after a really bad relationship that completely changed I person I was, I lost control of my eating and drinking, and so over the years the bad self esteem and low confidence I acquired, allowed me to get where I was.

I am single and live near Brisbane. I am a veterinary nurse (a surgical & inpatient nurse) who absolutely loves her work. I slowly starting to find the girl I used to be. I am discovering she never really went away, she was just a little lost.

I am using Calorie King which has really helped me with my nutrition. I also go to the gym most days and a small group Pilates class Thursday nights. I would really love to do some of the classes at the gym like Body Pump but I am still too shy lol.

So that’s me at the moment!
My journey so far...

Sick and tired of wasting my 20's being fat!!
HappyGirl83

Re: HappyGirl83's journey to becoming a happy girl :)

Postby miss_viva » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:18 pm

Hi Happygirl!

I'm so relieved to hear that you've gotten yourself away from that destructive relationship. That's the best thing you could have done for your health and wellness. It seems like you're in a really good place now, and that you're starting to regain some of the confidence that you lost. It's nice to see that, and I think realising that you're 'worth it' is a big step we all need to overcome in order to lose weight successfully. (Sorry for the L'oreal moment ;))

I think you should join in some of the body pump classes if you feel like - most people who go to the gym won't 'judge' you or make fun of you, and those who do are complete morons who aren't worth thinking about anyway. Screw them - you're doing this for yourself, not for them. The first class will be the hardest, but once you do that, every other class will be easier to go to. I'm sure there are lots of people of various sizes doing these classes, and you're all there for the same purpose - to get fit and healthy!

Losing 12kgs in about two months is just fantastic as well, you'll be back to your previous weight in no time at this rate!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby Czarina » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:07 pm

I know what it's like to make excuses and not do things, just because you feel uncomfortable in your body. I realised that I have missed out on so much...now you've made the decision to lose the weight, get out there and don't let anything stop you, you'll miss out on too much fun!
Czarina

Postby HappyGirl83 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:21 pm

miss_viva I know it's so silly to stay away from the classes, I think I will definitely make it a new years '10 goal!

Czarina I have definitely started making the most out of life. Not an excuse in sight!

Thanks girls :)

I had a great night last night! I went to a halloween party and then we went into town, in our costumes. I went as a surgical nurse lol which is basically my work uniform! I didn't want to spend money on something that by the time I wear it again for a fancy dress occasion won't fit me. I wore a surgical gown, surgical cap and my mask around my neck with my stethoscope. I couldn't believe how many times I heard the pick up lines "Nurse! I have a bad heart you see" or "Nurse I'm way overdue for a physical..." or something along those lines lol. It has been a long time since I have put myself in the position for male attention and it was a little overwhelming.

On a not quite so fun note I went shopping yesterday afternoon and came out of it still feeling like a massive fat lump! I just want to fit into normal sizes!
My journey so far...

HappyGirl83

Postby lng86 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:31 pm

I'm glad you had a great night. Sounds like a lot of fun!

You will be in double digits in no time at all!!!
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby miss_viva » Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:11 pm

Lol, there's just something about men and nurse's outfits! It sounds like you had a really great time, and it's awesome that your'e getting back out there and enjoying doing things with your friends and feeling good about yourself :) Maybe I'll have to see about getting myself a nurse's outfit...

I HATE that feeling when you go shopping, and you're feeling really wonderful about how much weight you've lost....... and then nothing fits/looks nice. It's just so depressing. I've had that happen a few times, but then I just try and think that at least I'm doing something to change the fact that I'm a 'fat lump'. If you get depressed and give up, you'll just end up regretting it later. That said, I've definately spent shopping days having a sulk and cursing how things look on me :mrgreen:

Just think that it's a journey you're on, and soon enough you'll be able to fit into all the nice clothes you want. Maybe consider buying something pretty when you reach double digits? That'll help to keep you motivated and feeling good!
[/url]

miss_viva

Postby HappyGirl83 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:04 pm

Thanks Ing86 & miss_viva :D

I definitely agree on not letting the shopping trips get ya down. I just try and remember if I keep at it I am going to get smaller and those shopping trips will be easier!

I had a bit of a bad food day yesterday and I woke up this morning with the WORST food hangover (haha). I seriously felt sick and so mega bloated, augh I felt so gross. I was craving good healthy food and water all day, which is fabulous! Just confirms to me that I am doing my body good and it has changed, it no longer wants that awful food...it wants the good stuff!
My journey so far...

HappyGirl83

Postby onthedecrease » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:32 pm

gosh i think we all have shopping moments like that, trust me all those bad moments wont even compare when you get to clear out the wardrobe for much much smaller and hotter clothes- thats one feeling I enjoy maybe a bit to much lol. keep up the great work, looking forward to hearing more from you :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvgjwLj/]
[/url]
onthedecrease

Postby HappyGirl83 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:13 pm

Thanks so much onthedecrease!

I am loving having this little area to vent and just blab away because I might be annoying my friends and family too much with it all :lol: 'cos I do tend it ramble about getting healthy a lot!

I am worried a little about how much cash I will spend on clothes once I can buy the things I like! Next year I am going to be on a very tight budget due to saving for my Africa trip, so I'll have to make do with what I can.

Speaking of Africa, it kind of was the beginning of me changing my life and doing things outside my comfort zone. Applying to go somewhere so different and exciting really set the ball rolling in my journey to become the best person I can be. If I can apply and be accepted to do that, why couldn't I lose weight and be healthy? In fact, I realised I can do anything I want. It's just up to me! I am so excited to be going there and the photos that I will have taken of myself while I am there are ones that I will be happy and confident to show friends & family (and possibly my own little family one day!).

Does anyone else read Craig Harper's blog? That man sparks a fire in me everytime I read his words!
My journey so far...

HappyGirl83

Postby Czarina » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:10 am

I've read a bit of Craig Harper's stuff, I really like his no nonsense attitude!

You'll make it to double-digits before you know it, and believe me, you will feel fabulous!
Czarina

Postby HappyGirl83 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:05 pm

Augh I had a KILLER weekend at work! What was supposed to be 8 hours turned into 20 :(

But on the bright side all the work means I had no time to eat weekend treats and being on call means I can't drink! So I def saved myself some calories. I am a bit worried I have gone under my calorie limit, I'll log it into CK later to double check.

So it is going to be a tough week, I already feel buggered! Plus I have my annual work performance review on Thursday which I am getting nervous about!
My journey so far...

HappyGirl83

Postby miss_viva » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:46 pm

Hi Happygirl!

Good luck for your performance review tomorrow, I'm sure you'll do fine! You seem to be doing a lot of hours there, so they must be happy with your work to give you so many! Try not to stress out :)

It's really cool that you're going to Africa next year! Have you been overseas before? I am considering going to Europe when I get to my goal weight, I've always wanted to, just not while I'm so heavy :-s. It's a stupid reason I suppose, but I just think I'd enjoy it a lot more if I was more comfortable with myself. I guess it serves as a form of motivation at least, and it will be a reward when i finally get there!

Good luck for your weigh in this week!
[/url]

miss_viva

Postby HappyGirl83 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:32 pm

My first time overseas miss_viva so I am a little nervous, but mostly excited!

I know what you mean about not wanting to be heavy on your trip, it is one of those occasions where you want to be confident and comfortable. The photos are something you want to look back on with happiness and not feel unhappy about how you look.

My review is Thursday and the closer it gets the more the nerves set in. I know I should look on it as a great career tool, feedback is what helps people improve. I just have such a bad way of taking things personally! It is definitely something I need to work on. The extra hours on the weekend were due to emergencies we had come in. Where I live the summer time brings out the paralysis ticks which are such little nasties. We had 6 tick cases and 2 parvo cases plus numerous other emergencies. Please everyone if you live in a tick area please remember the prevention for your dogs and cats. And don't forget the vaccinations to prevent parvo, it is honestly the worst thing your doggie can get :(

Ok onto the weight loss. 600g this week which isn't as good as it could be but definitely a loss so I am going to accept it! Not eating enough and feeling stressed over the weekend has really put stress on my body. The last few mornings I have woken up feeling so stiff and my muscles have been sore. I didn't get to the gym on the w'end because it was close before I went to work and closed by the time I left. The crazy thing is though, I lost 8cm all up from my middle section!!
Hips 2cm
Waist 3cm
Stomach 3cm
My journey so far...

HappyGirl83

Postby miss_viva » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:53 am

Oops, I misread and thought your review was earlier! Good luck for today then :)

Congratulations on the 600gms, and the 8cm from your middle section... wow, that's so great!
[/url]

miss_viva

Postby HappyGirl83 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:18 pm

Thanks miss_viva, well it did go very well yesterday. It is kind of nice to hear one of your real downfalls is over reaching and perfectionism hehe. There was a lot of really lovely things said, part of the process is to have reviews written by two collegues and one said I was a role model for her both professionally and personally :D, that really meant a lot to me. Although the the thought of being a role model makes me feel OLD!! teehee.

Well my weight loss has been kind of slow, I will confess I haven't been to the gym in a week and a half! Not exercising really slows my progress down. I am going to set a goal for myself to go to the gym on Sunday. I am planning on a pretty big one tomorrow, going to play some golf which will involve some drinkies then afterwards settling in for more drinks. This will no doubt result in something like pizza's delivered for dinner plus the usual snack suspects! I will be extra good tomorrow morning and of course get back on track Sunday!

Can't wait to have a great, fun weekend that doesn't involve working!!!!!! Have a good one everyone!
My journey so far...

HappyGirl83

Next

Return to Personal Progress