It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:37 am

Free Newsletter

HappyGirl83's journey to becoming a happy girl :)

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: HappyGirl83's journey to becoming a happy girl :)

Postby Sassyt » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:32 pm

You are doing really great girlfriend I am too happy for you!
Bring on the 70's!!! woot woot!
Happy weight - 78kg
Ultimate goal weight- 70kg
Sassyt

Postby HappyGirl83 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:55 am

Thank you so much everyone for the support! Love this place :)

This week brought me to 81.7kg! So close to the 70's! It has been years and yearsssss since I have seen the 70's, cannot wait!
My journey so far...

Sick and tired of wasting my 20's being fat!!
HappyGirl83

Postby miss_viva » Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:01 pm

That's a great loss, congratulations! You and I have very similar stats at the moment: almost identical weights and BMI. Let's do this, Happygirl, bring on the 70s! You should be really proud of all of the hardwork you've been putting in lately, it's definitely paying off!

Have you got plans over christmas? I'm looking forward to Christmas, but all of these parties and events always make me feel a little nervous about relapsing at this time of the year :-s. I'll have to watch myself carefully, as there are so many temptations around. Any suggestions? Enjoy the rest of your weekend :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby HappyGirl83 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:05 pm

We are very similar miss v, definitely can't wait to see those 70's!

Have not got big plans for Christmas, just a quiet one one the family. My plan for Christmas is to just enjoy Christmas lunch and maybe a BBQ over the holidays but all my other eating will be spot on. I am planning on a big New Years eve in a little dress lol so that will definitely keep me in check!!

So I have finished my Michelle Bridges 12 week challenge, I lost just over 12kg so very happy with that! Now just to keep on trucking. I am really hoping to dip into the 70's for the new year, will make that party just a little bit more special :D

Oh and I am now offically over weight! Woohoo lol no more obese BMI!
My journey so far...

HappyGirl83

Postby Sassyt » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:52 pm

Doing really great right there HG I am really happy for you
I would do anything to have such energy that you have. I only have 10 days before my holiday. I dont think there is much I can do in 10 days lol :mrgreen: :lol: I am jelous... Keep up the good work and next year it sure looks like you will be flying to your goal weight with ease... Way to go girlfriend!!!

T
Happy weight - 78kg
Sassyt

Postby miss_viva » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:48 pm

Hey Happygirl!

12kgs is a great loss, well done! I really want to wear a nice little dress for New Years as well, but I don't like my legs so much. I can see some improvement, but they are no where near as toned as I'd like them to be. I've always had issues with my 'tuckshop arms' too, but lately I'm feeling a bit more confident with them and noticing some improvement. Hopefully I'll feel the same way about my legs soon too! I've always wanted to buy/wear cute little party dresses, but I've never really been able to/had the confidence to. Have you found one yet or are you looking for the perfect one at the moment? You'll have to post us some pics!
[/url]

miss_viva

Postby HappyGirl83 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:12 am

80kg this morning! I am so poopy that it wasn't 79.9kg lol although I know in the scheme on things it is not really any difference from 80kg but it would of been amazing to see a 7. Fingers crossed for next week!

I really want to buy a new dress and shoes for NY (any excuse will do for new pretty things lol) but also because I kind of feel it's the beginning of the new year and I don't want to wear something the reminds me of some the events from this year. Dunno...make sense?

I also aren't a huge fan of my arms and legs, calves I am happy with but yeah not my thighs. And it is sooooo hard these days to find dresses that don't finish at ya butt lol they are all so super short!
My journey so far...

HappyGirl83

Postby Sassyt » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:01 pm

Well done HG! And yes I know the feeling of wanting to see that 7 on the scale :mrgreen: next week you will be smilling, I am sure of it!!!
Keep on going!!!
Happy weight - 78kg
Sassyt

Postby miss_viva » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:51 pm

Great job, you're so close now! I'm sure you'll see that 7 next week! :D
[/url]

miss_viva

Postby HappyGirl83 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:55 am

79.4kg today! :D :D wooooohooooo!

And I can now say I have less than 20kg to go!
My journey so far...

HappyGirl83

Postby miss_viva » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:40 pm

Wooo! 70s!!! Congratulations, you're doing so well! :D It's also really cool to know that you've got less than 20kgs to go now - you can do it!
[/url]

miss_viva

Postby CronicBadger » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:35 pm

Nicely done, HG! The end is in sight!
CronicBadger

Postby HappyGirl83 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:17 pm

Today I bought a new dress to wear on new years eve. It was a little expensive, but I love it, and there is a little back story to it.

When I was at my heaviest, shopping for clothes was one of the most painful things I could do. If I had a special event to attend, I would hunt around forever to try and find something pretty to wear. Only to have my heart broken at how I looked, nothing fit, and the only things that did were made for women 20 years older than myself that always made me look worse. I never wore dresses. Ever. They looked hideous on me, but I was dying to wear one. To just be like another normal girl. Something I used to do back in those dark days, was to walk through Myer and look at the Wayne Cooper dresses. I vowed to myself ONE DAY I would wear one.

Today I strolled into Myer, straight to the Wayne Cooper dresses. Picked out a few I liked and went to the changing rooms, daring to hope that maybe...maybe! And guess what? They all fit! They all looked amazing! The only painful thing was choosing which one I wanted! It was all a bit over whelming. The dream I had longed for when I was bigger, had come true. For the sales girl in Myer it was just another sale, but for me it was so much more. And the kicker? It wasn't even the biggest size there, the 16. It is a size 14 :)

I walked out of the store with tears in my eyes. A few people looked at me with concern, I wanted to tell them these aren't tears of sadness, they are tears of happiness!!!!!!! I am some what ashamed in telling people how much weight I have lost all up. Even to those close to me. But when I came home and showed my best friend the dress and told her the back story about it, it was very emotional. I told her I have almost lost 40kg all up and there was no judgement. Just tears of happiness and pride from her.

I am so proud of how far I have come. There is still a little way to go, but I am so not the girl I used to be. I know losing weight doesn't automatically equal a happy life. But it sure does make the bad things that life throws at you a heck of a lot easier to deal with.

So that's where I am at the moment. It's ironic that my little signature says that I am sick of wasting my 20's being fat, when I am fast closing in on my 20's at 28. But at 28, single and sexy I am so much happier and more comfortable in my skin than I was in most of all my 20 something life :D :D :D

Oh and PS I will def post some photos from my new years party of me. It's about time I put a face to the name!!
My journey so far...

HappyGirl83

Postby miss_viva » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:20 pm

Oh wow, I understand EXACTLY where you are coming from with that post and I swear I could have written it myself.

HappyGirl83 wrote:When I was at my heaviest, shopping for clothes was one of the most painful things I could do. If I had a special event to attend, I would hunt around forever to try and find something pretty to wear. Only to have my heart broken at how I looked, nothing fit, and the only things that did were made for women 20 years older than myself that always made me look worse.

Yup - been there, done that. It's so devestating to try on piece after piece, only to find that NOTHING looks nice on you at all. I've spent countless hours in change rooms desperate to find something that looks nice, only to slink back home and back into something I already own because there is just nothing out there for bigger, younger people. You're so right when you say that everything is designed for women 20 years older - but in a way, that's a little bit of a wakeup call in itself. The biological age of my body when I was at my heaviest probably was somewhere in the 40s, with all of the damage that I was doing to myself through poor food choices and lack of exercise.

HappyGirl83 wrote:Today I strolled into Myer, straight to the Wayne Cooper dresses. Picked out a few I liked and went to the changing rooms, daring to hope that maybe...maybe! And guess what? They all fit!

Aww, congratulations, that's so fantastic! I'm so happy that you've achieved your goal of getting your dream dress! I'm sure you'll look fantastic in it on New Year's Eve. :)

HappyGirl83 wrote:And the kicker? It wasn't even the biggest size there, the 16. It is a size 14

Isn't that just the best feeling ever? It's so weird that you've posted this message, as I did pretty much exactly the same thing yesterday. I went into Myer and decided to pick out a beautiful new dress too, and also found that I could fit into size 14 dresses and some of them were even a little loose. It was a strange feeling, as I was so used to walking into a shop and automatically going for the biggest size, desperately hoping that it would fit. The bad news was that they only had a 10 and a 14 left of the dress I really wanted and the 14 gaped a little on the sides, so I didn't end up getting it. It was so pretty though, I might try another shopping centre or online.

HappyGirl83 wrote:I am some what ashamed in telling people how much weight I have lost all up.

Amen to that too. I am so proud of the weight that I have lost, but so ashamed that I had so much to lose in the first place. I am also embarrassed to tell people that I've lost 40kgs, because I know that I could still easily lose another 15-20kgs and still be in a healthy weight range. It's so mortifying to realise that at one point, I was about 55-60kgs overweight. I know that people would support me and be proud of my efforts, but it's just something I have trouble dealing with internally.

Thanks for sharing your story, it was really great to see that you're in such a happy and positive place now. I almost had tears in my eyes reading it, because I couldn't believe how close to home it hit. Have a great weekend! :D
[/url]

miss_viva

Postby HappyGirl83 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:20 am

Thanks miss v...it sure is an emotional journey!!

Which brings me tonight. No matter how positive I am feeling, all it takes is one tosser to bring me down.

Tonight I went out for my besties b'day. I was feeling good, my size 14 jeans were loose, I looked in the mirror at myself and I really felt pretty damn good!

Until, I walked past a group of guys later tonight, who were like "oh darlin "such and such' should give you a lift home" and a guy said "pfffft I can't lift THAT much'. EXCUSE ME you derp, I have no interest in you or your little douchie group of friends. I didn't even look at you. So what gives you the right to comment on me and how I look.

And now I feel like total crap. Why is it you can have 100 comments on how good you look, yet it's the one bad comment you focus on and cannot get over. Now I really cannot get over the fact that because I am FAT, whether it is 40kg or 18kg overweight, it is the reason I got dumped, why that guy didn't text back, call etc....Guys don't want fat girls. End of story.

No matter how much I lose, how pretty my face is, I will never be good enough for them.
My journey so far...

HappyGirl83

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress