It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:10 pm

Free Newsletter

slimmindowns progress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

slimmindowns progress

Postby slimmindown » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:24 am

hey all, thought I would start plotting my progress too.

I started my journey about 4 months ago after a bout of gastro, I lost 5 kilos in 2 days and was really off my food for another 3 weeks.

Something clicked and I thought this is it, im going to keep going and change my lifestyle.

then 2 months in, I injured my back, a disc bulge onto my nerve root, and have been slowly getting better, I am now back to walking slowly and I got my back brace yesterday.
I am determined to get back to work the week of the 1st oct for sure. It has been a long and slow journey,but through it all, I have not wavered form my commitment to the new me.

I havent had chocolate chips or junk food for the whole 4 months. Even when I was layed up in bed and had nothing else to do but watch TV(it gets boring after the 1st day), I still stuck to my planned eating regime.

So I know I will see this through for the rest of my life. My family has type 2 diabetes via my nan and dad, so I need to slim down for my health overall. And fitting into some cool new clothes is also a motivator for sure :D .

The last few weeks have been really slow going for me weight loss wise. I know i'm doing the right thing but it doesnt seem to want to budge on the scales.
I feel so much better and my clothes are fitting much better and I have even gone down two sizes in my jeans. So that is fantasitic.
I guess I would still like to see that scale move downwards though.

So that is where I am up to in my journey.
Walking 30 mins a day and eating low kilojoule low fat meals.
I also have an underactive thyroid so my metabolism can be a bit sluggish.

I plan to take it one day at a time.

I love this forum with all the ideas and support. I look forward to following everyones success for the long haul ...... :D :D :D :D
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby Dolly » Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:08 am

Oh my goodness Slimmindown, what a rough start to your diet you've had :shock:
but out of the darkness emerges the dawn and things are now falling into place.

I hope you manage to kick start your metabolism again, it really sucks when we reach a plateu and the weight stays the same.

Keep up the great work, we'll be looking forward to watching your steady progress.
Dolly

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:46 pm

Hi slimmin...
im also looking forward to watching your progress. good for you with sticking to healthy eating, it sound slike you have had a rough time with sickness and being laid up in bed :( keep your chin up, you'll get there. best wishes
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:25 pm

Wow Debbie you've been through a lot alright.

Top marks for sticking to your eating plan...bloody marvelous! :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby alex_bilson » Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:22 pm

hi! welcome to the forum...

it's a great way to vent your thoughts and makes friends with people you don't know!!

I really truly admire the fact that you have been able to give up junk. i really don't know how you do it? what are you secrets!? if you flew over my posts (impossible, it's 6 pages long) or glanced at the end of it you'd see i'm going through some MJOR trouble at the moment trying to let go of the junk and pigging out at times. So i am seeking any info i can!!

ANYWAY, all the best to you :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wXCD80z/]
[/url]
alex_bilson

Postby slimmindown » Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:37 am

Hi Alex,
Funnily enough, so far I havent had many cravings. I put on weight at the sight of junk so i try and avoid it because "now",I dont like the feeling of putting on weight and knowing it was because of a decision I made to eat the wrong things.

But when I do feel like something sweet, I indulge in a nestle WW 1 point chocolate mousse or creme caramel. They are pretty guilt free and work for my sugar fix without the sugar.

I also have made the pita chips when I fell like a crunch fix on occasion. Just spray some pita bread with oil form the can and sprinkle with seasoning. I use season all. Break up into pieces and place in the oven for 5 to 10 mins and they are great with fat free salsa. :D

hope this helps a little.

of course if you really really want something and the craving is still there after an hour , I say have a little bit, if you can stop after just a little :lol: .
It is better to indulge every now and again than completely pig out and have to live with the guilt :lol:
slimmindown

Postby slimmindown » Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:51 am

Well I fell pretty good today, increased my walking distance yesterday,as my back allows and felt comfortable doing it. I had my home made vegie soup for lunch and a light tea. So stuck to my points/kilojoule plan and this morning i got the dreaded monthly curse and stil manged to loose weight on the scales.

So i'm feeling pretty good. I'm about to go for my walk and think about tea. I'm palnning on having steak and vegies and my vegie soup for lunch.
I usually plan what i'm having the next day when i go to bed at night so I dont have to worry about eating the wrong things in a rush ,and that was the plan last night. I usually feel like red meat at this time in my cycle.

I'm awaiting the post man as I've orderd the current weight watchers points books, the points calculator and their pedometer that counts steps and beeps when youve walked off any xtra points.
My points books are getting a little old and I'd like to see the up to date copy.

Yesterday I also bought myself a new pair of walking shoes, from the new balance factory outlet who had 20% off so got them for a bargain. I also bought myself my first ipod nano to wear when I'm walking. I spent last nigth uploading songs from my computer, and nearlly forgot about tea :lol:

off for my walk now ...........................

slimmindown

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:14 pm

thats awesome, its nice to treat yourself to some new stuff isnt it? especially if its going to help you in the short and long term when losing weight. well done and they were some great tips with the pita chips- ive made them ocne without the season all and almost gagged at how gross they were lol. wil remember the season all for next time thanks!
kate_turner2000

Postby alex_bilson » Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:49 pm

hey slimmin' :)

just wanted to say thanks for the message you left on my most, it was really just what I needed to hear, spot on, and yeah, just thanks for putting your experience with emotional eating so eloquently. Suddenly I'm actually eager to sit down and think about how I feel next time I want to pig out when I'm not hungry.

So thanks.

oh also- i picked up on how u said you were so absorbed with your nano you forgot about tea! well, isn't that cool. i love it when that happens. It is an example of how keeping yourself busy means you aren't going to bored and eating.

Anyway best of luck :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wXCD80z/]
[/url]
alex_bilson

Postby slimmindown » Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:23 am

It is Alex, my poor flatmate doesnt cook, so she was waiting patiently for me to get tea ready :lol:

I'm feeling really good again today, even though I've got a few cramps form you know what.

Waiting for a break in this wind we are having to go for my walk.
Yesterday was great with my ipod, except I found myself wanting to sing out loud. i imagined some poor lady in her garden wondering where that "funny noise" was coming from as I walked past her house,so tried to restrain myself.

My steak and vegies was yummy last night. Having flat head fillets(little bit of flour and morrocan spices then into the pan) and weight watchers wedges and salad tonight. I havent had the wedges from WW before so looking forward to trying them. i love cooking fish 3 mins on each side and your done, my kinda quick tea :lol:
slimmindown

Postby slimmindown » Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:33 am

Had my flathead fillets for tea last night yummoo.. :D

Yesterday I recieved my WW pack with the points plan, pedometer and calculator. So I had fun playing with them last night.

I watched Oprah this morning and she had some women on her believe they have "lost themselves". She inspired me with the title of the segment saying that she was going to help these women

launch their own comeback

I love that quote, it certainly is how I fell about my journey at the moment. I know I will never be the skinny girl I was when I was fifteen and i'm ok with that. But I would love people to look at me and think " she has it going on" :lol:

Sometimes Oprah can be very inspiring. So I'm off for my walk, part of my comeback goals........... Image
slimmindown

Postby KimE » Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:46 pm

I like the sound of that too Slimmin. Oprah's show can be very inspiring.

Ooh and love getting goodies in the mail...enjoy and best of luck with WW. :D
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby slimmindown » Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:58 pm

Well yesterday i cleaned out my closet in preparation for spring/summer. i tried on lots of clothes to see where i was at and to know what to give to charity.

it was a fantastic feeling to be back into my smaller sizes and to be able to get rid of the bigger ones that I know i wont wear again.

I had to go and buy some new work pants two sizes smaller than my old ones. thankgod for target and 25% off :lol:

It certainly felt like a workout putting on and taking off all my clothes. Its amazing how many clothes I have for a larger person. I can only imagine how many I will have when I get to goal and will have infamous more choices :lol: :lol:

I Cant wait..................................

I also increased my walk by another 5 minutes today, feelinf stronger every day. i'm looking forward to getting back to work next week.it will be 9 weeks since i hurt my back this sunday. Its been a long road back. But I'm glad I'm at this end of the healing process 8)
slimmindown

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:24 pm

well done slimmin' its good that you are going through your clothes etc. its interesting to see what is at the back of your wardrobe huh!! lol. let us know how you feel after your extra 5 minutes walk and im glad to hear your back is doing better now!
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:29 pm

You're doing great slimmin and it is hard work to get active again after such a big lay off. All the best with getting back to work too but try to take it easy as you may find yourself tired from it.
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Next

Return to Personal Progress