It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:06 am

Free Newsletter

slimmindowns progress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Postby KimE » Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:34 am

Hi Deb

It was great to read your rant as I am sure we have all had those times. It is a scary, angry, anxious time when you feel like you have lost control again and can't seem to find the way back to the motivation and drive you once had.

You are putting some things in place to help with that with the diary system. I also think once you start back into the exercise that you will get back to where you were in your way of thinking. I guess that's where it all really works...in your head. Get your head in the right place and your body will follow.

This is the best place to rant and get all those feelings out as you know many of us have been there and understand. I too agree that writing thoughts down help things to become clearer and thus more manageable.

Stick with it and don't give up. You are worth it and the journey is worth it.

*hugs* :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Ally » Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:56 am

Hey Deb....welcome back mate......loved your piccie with the snake..gosh you are a lot gamer than I would ever be!!!

I agree with Kim, you are putting things back into perspective and putting up defences so that you DON"T go back to putting all your weight on....somtimes we need a little shake up to get us back on track and remember where we have come from and how far we have been....you are doing a great job Deb you have lost so much weight and there is no way you want to give that up now....keep going mate, find your rhythm so to speak!! :wink:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby slimmindown » Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:36 pm

thanks guys it helps so much to have your support.

I'm a little nervous today ,I'm having a small operation tomorrow, to check on my endometriosis as some of you know , I've been having a hard time with it of late. its really the anaesthetic and the pain post op that worries me, but I'll be fine. If they can fix some of the pelvic pain that i've been experiencing the last few months it will be worth it..Fingers crossed........
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby milkyway » Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:41 pm

Good luck tomorrow Dee. Hopefully any pre op nerves and post op pain will be worth getting your girly gear back in order! My sister had endometriosis. Not fun :evil: Let us know how you go...
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:57 pm

hey deb please let us know how it all goes. im supposed to have all my ovaries and *cough* down below checked out but im sooo over the dr's. will be thinking of you!
kate_turner2000

Postby slimmindown » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:18 pm

will do guys,, thanks :)
slimmindown

Postby Ally » Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:25 pm

Hope all goes well for you Deb!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby slimmindown » Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:26 pm

well my op went pretty well, the pain wasnt to bad . Suffered mainly with wind pain From the gas they fill your tummy. I put on 2 1/2 kg the next day and boy did I feel bloated. thats come off now so back to trying to shift the rest of my unwanted adipose tissue :lol:

I'm off to the doc this arvo to get my stitches out and get the report, he briefly told me monday that he had burnt off the offending endometriosis and things were ok. So good news for me so far.

I'm off to a wedding in the country tomorrow after seeing my sister ,who lives a long way off, who hasnt seen me since I've lost the weight. :shock: then I have another family function on Sunday . A busy weekend so I hope every one is doing well and has a good healthy weekend. 8)
slimmindown

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:28 pm

good to hear all went as well as could be expected. Hopefully you'll be right as rain in no time!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:41 pm

oh im so glad things went well for you deb, sounds like you have a full on weekend, enjoy yourself and try and get some photos with your sister :) it sounds like you dont get to catch up too often!!
kate_turner2000

Postby slimmindown » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:32 am

well what an emotional roller coaster I've had since i last posted. I was off to the docs to get my results which he had given me the impression after my op, would be ok.

Unfortunately they werent so good, My right fallopian tube needs to be removed as it is severly damaged by the endometriosis, my left one was adhered to my bowel and he removed the adhesions. I had a big endometriosis spot on my right ovary which he removed and he also took out a polyp from my uterus and I had a small fibroid. phewww that took a bit of writing.

The long and the short of it is another op to take out my right tube and hopefully the pain will improve. I also have to decide pretty quickly about children ,as I'm 36 and my bits are deteriorating quickly. I would have to travel to NSW to have artificial insemmination, as they dont do it here in Vic.

then on Saurday whilst I was in my home town for a wedding, I spied my mum and dad at the same function area (havent spoken to my dad for 7 years), and took the plunge and confronted him about how enough time had gone by and how we should be able to move on and be in the same place at the same time for the rest of the family blah blah blah cry cry cry,,, :cry: :shock:

the up shot is he asked me to come home to talk about it and i did on the Monday, it was pretty scarey , my dad is not an easy man to get along with and I was frightened of what he might say. But he said I could come and see mum whenever I am at home ,at their house.
I still cant believe it really happened . It is only the first step ,but was always going to be the hardest. I told him the hardest part for me was thinking he didnt love me enough to want to try and get over the problem that we had, and he said he did love me.
That was my greatest fear,that he would say he didnt love me and to go away. He didnt, and who knows maybe my family will be able to have a christmas together again one day..

so, I'm also back to work today after 3 weeks off, and have lots of things running through my head, babies , parents and operations.
I did eat a bit over the weekend ,but I'm hoping that now I'm back at work I can swing back into my healthy routine.
I'm off for a walk now to start..

Thanks for reading my rant guys..
8) 8)
slimmindown

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:43 am

wow - it never rains but it pours!! At this rate you should have had all your crappy stuff out of the way and be able to live the rest of your life in perfect bliss!!

Hope your next op goes well and whatever decision you make about children, just be sure you make it for the right reasons!!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby oostevens » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:44 am

WOW alot has happened :)

sorry to hear about ur operations aftermath :p and that is great about ur dad too :)

good luck with it all
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:37 pm

ewww not good news about the endo deb but i am glad you are going to be ok. as for babies i reckon you'll make a great mum and im sure that when the time comes you will make great decisions and you will have a wonderful support network around you :)

im glad to hear that things are mending with your dad. time heals all things they say so i am sure you will have that family xmas one day :) lifes too short isnt it.

on the upside what did everyone think of your wonderful weightloss!!?
kate_turner2000

Postby slimmindown » Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:57 pm

its good to see people you havent for ages ,it gives you that incentive to soldier on with the weight loss, when your feeling a bit depleted. It was a boost to my ego for sure.
I've been pretty good the last two days exercising and not eating junk, just gotta keep the momentum going :wink:
slimmindown

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress