It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:29 am

Free Newsletter

FionaMac's weight loss diary

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: FionaMac's weight loss diary

Postby FionaMac » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:14 am

Ive been soooo busy its pathetic. I havent had 5 min to update my progress diary!
Today I dont start work till 4:30pm, so I can catch up a bit.
Ive been good. Working hard. Staying on my diet. I was proud of myself yesterday. I was out shopping and all these nice smells, and lolly isle....
So I bought a lolly....a sugar free one. I sucked on it and that did it. I was cool then.
So Im slowly going down again. Im 106.5 this morning. And I am starting to feel it. A week ago i thought 99kg by end dec would be impossible. But now, I know I can do it.
Excersize has been a little lax...I need to improve there.
Plans for today.........Oats again!
Lunch....................diet soup and a salad if Im still hungey
Snack....................diet yoghurt
Dinner...................dont know yet.....maybe steak and salad.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wctNTGc/]
[/url]
FionaMac

Postby FionaMac » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:50 am

Today is going to be quite HOT, 41. So Im planning on drinking ALOT, and swimming.
Tennis tonight. AS for food.
Breakfast..............diet shake
Lunch...................diet shake, and salald
Dinner..................salad, and maybe roast chicken?
[/url]
FionaMac

Postby FionaMac » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:07 pm

I have been so flat out, I havent had a chance to record anything.
But Ive been good. I had small icecream cone the other day. But it was a treat.
Ive been to the doctor with a record of what i have been eating, and my excersize diary. He agree's with me. I should be loosing it ALOT faster.
At first he tried to give me something for appatite, but I told him thats not the problem. After reading my diary, he believes I am insulin resistant. So I am going for a big test next week. If its not that, I will be sent to a dietition.
So all is well.
Today........
Breakfast...........oats, 1/2 cup skim milk
Lunch...............garden salad, lemon juice for dressing
Dinner..............going to BBQ for dinner. Plan on eating lean meat and salad.
No snacks
Plenty of water........No more diet soft drinks
[/url]
FionaMac

Postby miss_viva » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:03 pm

Hi Fiona,

Let me just begin by saying that I have absolutely NO medical knowledge whatsover. But in my experiences and from everything I've ever seen or read, it's extremely unlikely that a doctor would be encouraging you to lose weight at a faster rate. The general rate of healthy weightloss is generally about 0.5-1kgs a week, and that's a figure accepted by most professionals in the industry - unless you're on a program specifically tailored to you by a qualified practicioner/dietician.

I'm also concerned that your doctor didn't have a problem with the food/exercise diary you showed him. For example, you've included no fruit in your eating plans on some days, and some days, you just eat diet shakes/soups. From what you've described on here, it seems as though you should be consuming more calories, especially considering the amount of exercise you've been doing. Could it be worth seeing a different doctor for a second opinion?

I'm not trying to criticise you, and I admire your motivation and determination. However, I'm not convinced that you're losing weight in a healthy manner, and that could be detrimental to your body in the long term.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby FionaMac » Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:10 pm

Thanks miss diva......I appreciate your comments, and encouragement.
I would tend to agree with most things you have said, except, I know my body fairly well.
I know what I can do and what has worked wonders in the past.
I am doing this a little differently than before. I thought this time Im more balanced. I havent Banned any food. I just am eating in moderation.
And I have been eating fruit. Maybe not everyday two pieces of fruit. But about 90% of the time I do. I just dont record it here. I have on my paper diary that I took to the doctor. I also have not written down all the vegies Ive eaten. I tend to class vegies and fruit as allowed food.
Hard to explain what I mean....Some things I dont count at all during the day. Fruit (low sugar ones, like rockmellon, watermellon etc) are free.....vegies are free, except corn, peas, and potato.
So, my diet shakes, or soup are extra's not free....I have to count them. And yoghurts etc are the same.
Sooooooo, I can understand why you would be worried. But dont be, Im eating really well.
Yesterday for instance, Breakfast..............oats, skim milk.....banana
Lunch..........................................Diet shake, and garden salad, little cheese and beetroot, lettuce, carrots, sprouts.
Dinner.........................................Chops, small baked potato, beans, baked pumpkin.
snack..........................................diet oat bar, water....no diet drinks. baked apple with cinamin, and a small dollop of frozen yoghurt
Excersize...................................... 1hour tennis, and 1/2 hour brisk walk

So, Im not looking forward to the test on wed, because I have to have a high carb diet for 3 days before fasting for 12 hours.....so this week I dont think I will loose any weight. And that will be a bummer if they find all is well. Cause then Ill have to work twice as hard next week to get it off.
Anyway....todays weight 105.6.....slowly slowly
[/url]
FionaMac

Previous

Return to Personal Progress