It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:29 pm

Free Newsletter

MagicGirl79's Stats

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: MagicGirl79's Stats

Postby MagicGirl79 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:36 am

Another 500g loss this week. Not overly bad, I'm a little frustrated that my losses are slower than expected, but as long as the scales continue to go down then I don't really mind. Plus it means my new handbags are taking longer and longer to reach me... but perhaps that means I'll enjoy them all the more when I finally can have them!

Date Started Weight Loss Journey: 04/01/05
SW: 112.9
GW: 67
CW: 97.6
Loss this week: 0.5 kg
Loss to Date: 15.3 kg

My next few goals and how far to go:

Being under 95kg: 94.9kg, 18kg lost (2.7kg to go)
20kg total lost: 92.9kg, 20kg lost (4.7kg to go)
Having a BMI that indicates I'm overweight instead of obese: 80.5kg, 32.4kg lost (17.1 kg to go)
Cheers,
Kate
MagicGirl79

Postby MagicGirl79 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:39 am

Oh and a big thankyou to everyone who posted about my 500g loss last week - certainly helped me to keep the loss in perspective and keep on going!

And... I also re-hit my 15kg lost mark this week. I've been there before, but it feels good to know that I've hit it again and my relapse is finally over and I'm back on track. Only 15kg more to go till I hit my lowest weight again (that was back in 2005).
Cheers,
Kate
MagicGirl79

Postby ***absolute_zero*** » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:33 am

Hey Kate 500gms a week is a very healthy weight loss :) When you loose weight like that your less likely to have loads of loose skin at the end of your weight loss journey :)

Congratulations again your totally on track :)

Hugs
~~~Hugs Tam~~~

The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wzOso3A/]
[/url]

***absolute_zero***

Postby shelbel » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:47 am

Yep, the slower the better! But at the same time i really do understand your frustrations as my weightloss comes in dripps and drabs too now! Sometimes it feels like your never gonna get there, but hang in there because even if you only lost 100g a week, you'll still get there in the end! :D
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:41 pm

I know how you feel, Kate. My weight loss this year has been... sporadic... to put it mildly! It's one thing to know intellectually that slow weight loss is a good thing, it's quite another one to agree with it emotionally! Just remember that you're doing great and the important thing is how you look and feel at the end of the year, not in the next couple of weeks. Keep it up and enjoy the journey! The more you try to have fun with it, the less the scales will matter and the quicker the time will seem to go!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby MagicGirl79 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:16 pm

Well I've had a frustrating week to say the least! I was almost to the point of throwing in the towel and simply allowing myself to live as a fat person for the rest of my life... but I haven't and I'm still continuing on my journey and pushing through the hard times!

I had a major blow-out on Saturday, but then exercised my butt off on Sun to try to counteract the blow-out. Despite that, I still managed a big gain and put back on everything I've lost in the last 2 weeks :shock:

Considering my eating for the last week really wasn't that bad (except the blow-out) I was overwhelmed and gutted by this gain. The only thing I can attribute it to is my treats of a night-time. I usually have some low-cal ice-cream or WW dessert. However, obviously my body isn't liking these, and that's the only difference I made to the previous 2 weeks. It's not even TTOTM so I can't blame bloating.

So my plan for this week is to cut out my night-time treats, or if necessary switch it for diet jelly or a protein shake (recommended by my PT at the gym) and see if that helps. If it doesn't, then I don't know where my head will be at next week!

CW: 98.5
Loss this week: +0.9 kg
Loss to Date: 14.4 kg

Being under 95kg: 94.9kg, 18kg lost (3.6kg to go)
20kg total lost: 92.9kg, 20kg lost (5.6kg to go)
Having a BMI that indicates I'm overweight instead of obese: 80.5kg, 32.4kg lost (18 kg to go)
Cheers,
Kate
MagicGirl79

Postby Mandie » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:18 pm

it's not too massive a gain - certainly salvageable! with the extra diet treats you may in fact be retaining water - lots of those artificial sweeteners can do that! try not snacking, or like you said - diet jelly or a protein shake or even just a glass of low fat milk at night instead of sweets can make all the difference!

i'm sure you'll lose again next week - HANG IN THERE! :D
Mandie

Postby big_love » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:27 pm

((hugs)) good on you for not throwing in the towel!!! Its so excellent that you worked out to counteract the binge...way better than I dealt with my blow out last week!

Your plan sounds really great, and I think you will be fine. You said its not TTOM, but could you be pre-menstrual. I was with my blow out and didn't even realise till I got my period. I know now to keep track of when I will be premenstrual, so I can be better prepared.

Your doing so well with your mindset. You can do this!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
140/117/85
big_love

Postby MagicGirl79 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:41 pm

Thanks Tam & Mandie - I know in my head that I can do it, but sometimes the little voices are so hard to shut up when things really don't go the way you want them to.

You may be right about the fluid retention Mandie - I often drink diet coke of an evening to try to curb my sugar hit, but perhaps I really should ignore the sugar hit and aim for more water. I will try to avoid the diet coke this week as much as possible to see if that helps.
Cheers,
Kate
MagicGirl79

Postby katerina » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:20 pm

I wish I could drink diet coke. but for me it's so tasteless. I can't escape from cocacola.I am not craving for sweets or fast food, but coca cola is a big problem.
Not a very good english speaker, but I am tryin'

katerina

Postby ***absolute_zero*** » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:15 pm

Kate you can do this :) You have come so far already your making a fantastic effort with your weight loss. Binges are not fun but I think they teach us not to do it to often I always feel bloated and even sick after having a binge I hate that feeling it disgusts me so I guess by having a binge every now and then it can help you not to do it all the time, not sure if that makes much sense or not LOL :)

Hugs
~~~Hugs Tam~~~

The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wzOso3A/]
[/url]

***absolute_zero***

Postby Dave » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:58 am

Have a good weekend Kate...stay strong :)
"Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action"
.................. Image...............
Dave

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:17 pm

You're doing great Kate! If you need something sweet after dinner what about cutting up some fruit to make a nice fruit salad? Have that with some yoghurt and you've got a healthy dessert that should keep your taste buds happy.

Water retention can happen as a result of many things. Sweeteners can do it. The heat can definitely make you retain fluid. TTOTM. A little too much sodium. The list goes on! Just keep drinking lots of water and it'll all even out.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby MagicGirl79 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:45 pm

Thank everyone for your comments, I was feeling much more positive about the whole weight loss journey Thurs/Fri of last week and then the weekend came :lol: Dave - I definitely enjoyed the weekend... TOO MUCH!

The food was mildly bad, but mostly it was copious amounts of alcohol. Started at 7pm Sat night and ended about 4am Sun morning! The latest and biggest night I've had since Uni days I think. Anyway, as a result I gained 200g this week, not incredibly bad considering the weekend I had.

I've had heaps of water early this week to flush it all out and I've exercised Mon & tonight. Plan on doing some more tomorrow, Sat & Sun. Hopefully that should mean I lose next week (fingers crossed) provided I can also keep my food under control - and I believe I can do that!!!

CW: 98.7
Loss this week: +0.2 kg
Loss to Date: 14.2 kg

Being under 95kg: 94.9kg, 18kg lost (3.8kg to go) Mini-goal = new handbags
20kg total lost: 92.9kg, 20kg lost (5.8kg to go)
Having a BMI that indicates I'm overweight instead of obese: 80.5kg, 32.4kg lost (18.2 kg to go)
Cheers,
Kate
MagicGirl79

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:47 pm

It's great that you're balancing out your excess calories with exercise. It's a very positive way of dealing with it. As the saying goes, failure isn't falling down - the failure is in not getting back up again. And it sounds like you're really keen to resume your healthy lifestyle after a few too many drinkies on the weekend. Good on you!
EvilWombatQueen

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress