It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:55 am

Free Newsletter

MagicGirl79's Stats

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: MagicGirl79's Stats

Postby lng86 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:33 pm

Hi Kate!

Your goals sounds brilliant. I know (from personal experience!) that having realistic goals most definitely keeps you motivated and focussed.

Good on you for not giving up. We all have our bad days (and sometimes weeks) - it's completely normal.

Best wishes,
Lauren.
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby MagicGirl79 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:24 pm

Hi Everyone,

Well it's been awhile since I posted an update on my progress and I have certainly gone downhill in the months that I've been missing from the forum. I went back into triple figures despite me telling myself that I wouldn't!! I'm very angry that I have let all my hard work of 2005 go to waste, but life is a learning curve and we have to make mistakes to learn from them right?

Anyway, I'm feeling motivated again after a long time of having no motivation at all. My first goal is to lose weight this week, after many months of continual gains, it would be nice to see the scales go down for a change.

After that, my next goal is to lose 5kg and then to get under 100, before the April holidays.

Date Started Weight Loss Journey: 04/01/05
SW: 112.9
GW: 67
CW: 109.1
Loss this week: -
Total Loss to Date: 3.8 kg

My next few goals and how far to go:
Losing weight this week instead of gaining.
Losing 5kg from my restart point (104.1, 5kg to go)
Being under 100kg (99.9kg, 9.2kg to go)
Cheers,
Kate
MagicGirl79

Postby MagicGirl79 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:02 pm

Well my motivation for this week has paid off and for the first time in many months I managed to lose weight - yay!!! :D

Now I have to make sure I don't become complacent and keep up at being good for the next week so I can have a loss 2 weeks in a row!

CW: 107.3
Loss this week: 1.8 kg
Total Loss to Date: 5.6 kg

Losing two weeks in a row.
Losing 5kg from my restart point (104.1, 3.2 kg to go)
Being under 100kg (99.9kg, 7.4kg to go)
Cheers,
Kate
MagicGirl79

Postby Gordz » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:05 pm

Hi Kate, we haven't met but good on you for not giving up. best of luck! will be following your progress
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Start date: 12/8/2013
Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Postby Alexandra » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:43 pm

Kate, well done for getting back on the wagon! You have all the tools to succeed and all the motivation inside! I Look forward to following your success as we go along together! Good luck and best wishes! Alexandra :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4nfAl9/]

HW: 127 kg
CW: 93.7 kg
GW: 68 kg
LW: 73 kg
Alexandra

Postby MagicGirl79 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:02 pm

So much for losses two weeks in a row! But... the good thing is that I haven't thrown in the towel. I gained 600g this week, a combination of bad food choices on the weekend and a little bit of fluid retention due to the heat in Sydney this week. So I know where I went wrong (particularly with the fod choices!) and I'm making changes this week.

I'm hoping to get through this weekend and Aust Day without ruining it all again. Healthy food choices and a couple of walks to help combat any excess food consumed.

CW: 107.9
Loss this week: +0.6 kg
Total Loss to Date: 5.0 kg

Losing two weeks in a row - have to pull off losses two weeks in a row, yet to be done.
Losing 5kg from my restart point (104.1, 3.8 kg to go)
Being under 100kg (99.9kg, 8.0kg to go)
Cheers,
Kate
MagicGirl79

Postby Alexandra » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:36 am

Not to worry Kate, it's the overall success that's measured, not the minor up's and down's, this heat is a killer so there will definitely be water retention in there as well. Don't forget to keep your eye on the major prize and stay focused on that to see you through this little bump! Keep going, you can do it! Best wishes for next week, Alexandra

Alexandra

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:01 am

Don't worry about the fluid retention. I gained a kilo last week because of it and it's all gone now! I'm sure you'll do brilliantly next week.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby MagicGirl79 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:15 pm

Ok so I was going to be really negative and say that I really suck at this weight loss thing, but in actual fact, I have learnt so much in the last couple of weeks that I know it's all part of the learning process that needs to happen in order to live a healthier life. We have to make mistakes and bad choices to learn from them.

I didn't lose this week - I put on 300g. Not much and I'm not overly concerned about it actually. I had 2 bad days over the weekend, Sat we had pizza with friends and then Mon was Aust day and we ate bad lunch & dinner. So considering that, I'm assuming I was losing weight on the other days. I didn't do any exercise and so of course any food I ate wrong wasn't combated.

I have analysed my food diary for the last week and I realised that I've been having something unnnecessary almost everyday, like a chocolate treat or salad dressing. Just small things that will add up over the course of the week. So this week, I'm going to keep a tally of when I eat something unhealthy, so that when I next get the urge, if I've already had a couple in the week then I won't have anymore.

I also vow to exercise at least twice this week!

CW: 108.2
Loss this week: +0.3 kg
Total Loss to Date: 4.7 kg

Losing two weeks in a row - have to pull off losses two weeks in a row, yet to be done.
Losing 5kg from my restart point (104.1, 4.1 kg to go)
Being under 100kg (99.9kg, 8.3kg to go)
Cheers,
Kate
MagicGirl79

Postby Alexandra » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:31 pm

I'm hearing all over the WLF that everyone has had a tough week. It's a special week this week with Aust day, all the entertaining and besides, its "unaustralian" not to enjoy a big feed and a few drinks etc over the week :wink: so don't sweat it! Its the perseverance that really counts! I'm really impressed that you are keeping a food diary. I have never done that. I think I have never been brave enough to even admit to myself exactly what I consume and I don't think I have ever been good enough to stick at the task for long enough. I have tried to put everything into calorie king but after a week I get bored and forget. So, you are doing some great things! You've got your weight loss off to an excellent start and good luck for next week - lets see how we both go (as I've not had a flash week this week either!). Happy Australia Day. Glad you've enjoyed yourself - its important to live a little! Best wishes, Alexandra

Alexandra

Postby MagicGirl79 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:48 pm

Just wanted to say how good I'm feeling this week - I've been really good and followed my nutritionist's meal plan everyday. I had a sneak peak at the scales this morning and it's looking like I'll be posting a good loss on Wed, provided I can keep it up.

I've also been experimenting with new foods that require more vegies and less carbs. I've had some fabulous meals this week - cajun chicken with salad (lentils, tomato, onion & cheese with balsamic vinegar, was so yum!), vegetable dahl (never had it before and it was great too!). I can see how EWQ manages to eat Vego so much. Definitely incorporating more lentils etc into our meals now.

So, I'm off to have a walk with hubby & our fur baby. That means I will have exercised 3 times this week - pretty good considering I don't normally exercise. But... the nutritionist made me feel guilty last week when I saw her and had to admit that I hadn't stuck to our goal of walking twice. She said it was pointless me forking out money to see her if I didn't have the dedication to exercise as well, so true, and it was enough to kick my butt into gear.

I'll check back in on Wed - hopefully with some positive results.
Cheers,
Kate
MagicGirl79

Postby milkyway » Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:00 pm

Well done. Fingers crossed for a good reward this week. I really like the sound of your nutritionist.

What kind of dog do you have?
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby MagicGirl79 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:52 pm

I've had a good week. I've stuck to the plan the nutritionist gave me (except today - massive blow-out, feeling tired, PMS, grumpy etc!) and I've exercised twice as planned. So it's always nice to see hard work rewarded - I lost 1.6kg this week! :D

The plan the nutritionist gave me is surprisingly easy to follow and makes perfect sense. I can actually feel myself being hungry now, monitoring hunger signs and not over-eating. I feel confident about my food choices. I actually feel that if I stick with her plan of eating healthy, then my weight loss this time is not only achievable but also maintainable (someone please remind me of this when I have a gain and I'm feeling down and negative!).

CW: 106.6
Loss this week: 1.6 kg
Total Loss to Date: 6.3 kg

Losing two weeks in a row - have to pull off losses two weeks in a row, yet to be done. (One week down)
Losing 5kg from my restart point (104.1, 2.5 kg to go)
Being under 100kg (99.9kg, 6.7kg to go)
Cheers,
Kate
MagicGirl79

Postby MagicGirl79 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:53 pm

milkyway wrote:What kind of dog do you have?

Hey Milkyway - we have a miniature schnauzer. He's only 8 months old and spoilt rotten. We don't have any kids, so he's our baby!
Cheers,
Kate
MagicGirl79

Previous

Return to Personal Progress