It is currently Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:51 am

Free Newsletter

Danielle's Progress :)

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Danielle's Progress :)

Postby danielle* » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:11 pm

Hi! I'm Danielle, I'm a 20yr old uni student from Sydney.

After a couple of months of binge eating, I went from a still overweight, but better, 78 kilos to my current weight of 84 kilos- almost my highest ever weight!! So I'm finally doing something about it.

I've been eating better over the last week or so, finally started exercising yesterday. I did 35 mins of a reasonably slow walk on the treadmill and took the dog for a 10min spin around the block. I'm just about to hit the treadmill again- I can't believe how quickly exercise makes a difference to the way you feel. I also have a lot of back and neck problems, which I have been told will be helped to improve with exercise and weight loss.

I really struggle with the eating side of things- I love food, to put it simply, especially sweet things. I can't seem to ever control cravings, so I need to look a bit more into that.

Anyway, there's my intro- nice to meet you all :)
danielle*

Re: Danielle's Progress :)

Postby HappyGirl83 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:34 pm

Hi danielle, good luck I know you'll do great!
My journey so far...

Sick and tired of wasting my 20's being fat!!
HappyGirl83

Postby danielle* » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:05 pm

Right! I have been hopeless at updating this.

I had a few bad weeks eating/exercise wise, but I'm starting to get back on track now. I think I've lost a kilo or so, my scales are grossly inaccurate though.

And here's my honesty for the day. I used to have some issue with eating disorders and whenever I try to lose weight my brain just becomes consumed... weighing myself obsessively, trying to eat less and less calories. The other side of this is that after a while of starving a switch flips and I binge eat like crazy until all the weight, and then some, is back. Which is why I never lose weight! I'm determined to try and do it healthily this time. The balance is just so hard. I ate just over 1500 calories today though, 25 mins on the treadmill, so I think that's alright...

Dan :)
danielle*

Postby wannabeslim » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:30 pm

yep i was a binge eater too! now i suffer from it only occasionally, i have also stopped being super obsessive about my diets.
i think what happened as i started to accept that if im going to loose weight and keep it off im going to have to eat right and exercise for the rest of my life. it sounded daunting at first, but as soon as i became fitter and made exercising a routine i felt more relaxed about myself.
also i got into the routine of eating better.
i think what has helped me the most is variety. i try to cook different healthy meals packed with veges. and i really prefer it to take away.
i hope you start to feel the way i do at the moment.
try and take things day by day.
good luck Danielle!
2010 goal: get to 56-8kg and keep fit & healthy!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w02nLYq/]
[/url]
wannabeslim

Postby danielle* » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:35 pm

Thanks!! I do find it a really hard idea that this has to be something I stick to, for the rest of my life. Anyway, I guess I just need to take it one day at a time., like you said. I've found in the past as well that once exercise becomes a routine, it's really easy. And I like it, actually, a lot. Makes me feel good at the end.

Another thing I find difficult is that I'm trying to lay off the junk food, which is my weakness. I don't even know why I eat it, half the time I take one bite and don't want it anymore, but I feel a really strong compulsion. I don't know. I really like healthy, solid, nutritious food. It feels good to eat, and then when you have an occassional sweet it tastes better. Anyway, but I'm not cutting it out completely because I don't think eating healthily means no sweets at all. It's just, my mother has decided to go on a diet... my mother, who's bmi is about 19 or 20. She only wants to lose a few kilos... I think it would be better if she did some exercise which she doesn't do much of. I have a lot of issues with my mother anyway, but many are food and body image related and her "dieting", which she's been doing forever, drives me insane. I feel like I can't eat anything.

I ate really horribly over the holiday season, especially when I was away with my family. Since I've been back I've been eating a lot better, and have exercised every day so far. I booked a date for my 21st party and it's given me a big motivation, at least for the moment. I want to look good, but more than that I would really like to be happy that night and not be constantly worrying about whether I look fat. And I want to be able to go running with my friends, not die after 30 seconds of jogging. For once I would like to be a normal weight, with normal eating habits. Not scared of eating in front of other people, or sneaking food, throwing up, binge eating. I'm going to do this properly.
danielle*

Postby wannabeslim » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:50 pm

yeah thats pretty much how i feel! i just want to feel comfortable with my body, not have any overwhelming cravings and not worry about what people are thinking about me in clothes. i had a real problem with binging and purging not long ago and im only just coming out on the other side. im looking forward to normal eating and exercising habits that last forever...not just a week.
2010 goal: get to 56-8kg and keep fit & healthy!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w02nLYq/]
[/url]
wannabeslim

Postby danielle* » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:25 am

I am so bad at keeping this updated.

Right. I've finally lost a small amount of weight recently- scale this morning said 82.2, so that was good. I went on holidays for a week and half in January and so my exercise and eating and everything was a bit hopeless, my weight up past 84.

I seem to have finally gotten some exercise stuff under control- bought a new bike helmet, am going bike riding with my brother twice a week. Started back swimming yesterday, which I'd forgotten I loved, even though 50m of freestyle almost killed me! Regardless, I did 1/2 hour, and during uni semester I'm going to be going to the pool once a week with a friend and hopefully once by myself as well. I also started yoga again, which is wonderful for my back problems. So the exercise plan is running x2, bike x2, swimming x2, and yoga on the other day. I have a treadmill and exercise bike in case it's raining or whatever. I've really made an effort in organising my work timetable for the year to make sure I have time to do this stuff. I enjoy th
    ose types of exercise and also that they get my outside.

I also have stopped keeping a meticulous record of calories. I think that in general, I have a good idea of how many calories are in things anyway, from losing weight once before and from eating disorder stuff. I'm just trying to make a lot more sensible choices, and limiting the sweet stuff, but not beating myself up if my friends want to go out for Thai or mexican or whatever. Also making sure I eat breakfast, and trying to drink more water. I feel like this way, even though it is harder at the beginning, will be better for me, because with calorie counting I say, ok, well I can have this chocolate bar if I don't eat these couple of pieces of fruit, or whatever other silly thing I think up. This way I'm trying to change my whole way of eating so that when I have sweets they're much more enjoyable and like a treat. The binge eating is getting better slowly, although I still want to eat everything all the time, haha! But I guess it's retraining everything that I've been doing for a long time.

So overall, positive progress I guess. I'm really just trying to focus on more exercise to be more fit, and healthier eating, and letting whatever weight loss comes, to come. Instead of just focusing on the number on the scale, which I think is what I have always done.
    danielle*

Postby miss_viva » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:01 pm

Hi Danielle, and welcome.

danielle* wrote:I'm really just trying to focus on more exercise to be more fit, and healthier eating, and letting whatever weight loss comes, to come. Instead of just focusing on the number on the scale, which I think is what I have always done.

Good luck with your weight loss journey! From my experiences, you've hit the nail on the head with the above quote. It's all about taking small steps, and just making sure that you are consistant. If you screw up, put it behind you and move on! I'm sure you'll do really well :)
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
    [/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
    New Starting Weight: 84kgs
    Goal Weight: 75kgs
    miss_viva

Return to Personal Progress