It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:08 pm

Free Newsletter

FatGarfield's Need of Progress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

FatGarfield's Need of Progress

Postby FatGarfield » Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:17 pm

Hello all,
This website is full of very positive and encouraging people. However, you are all doing so well and I have made hardly any progress. I feel very left out. Please help me.

I joined the website since Jun 2006.
I was working over 80 hours a week on and off for 6 months over the last 18 months. The extra money from the overtime was great. No regret. However, I put on 5 kilos. Now the overtime has stopped but I cannot get rid of the 5 kilos I put on.

I managed to reduce 1 kilo for good but can never progress any further than that.

My clothes have gone up by 2 dress size. The first place I put on weight is my face. My mother is making fun of me and I really hate that. I think that will motivate me. Also for health reason, I think that I should get rid of the remaining 4 kilos.

I get food poisoning very easily. I have increased my exercise by double. I have reduced my portion of food. I will have to increase the extent on both the exercise and portion reduction. For me, portion reduction works better.

FatGarfield does not want to be fat... Help me.

FatGarfield

Postby SarahC » Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:23 pm

Hmmm... if you're eating less and excercising more, then you should be losing weight. Not sure why that would not be the case :?

I does take a while sometimes to start to see the results of your actions. I know for me, it takes at least a month of hard work before I start to see any results at all.

Have you tried keeping a food and excercise diary and counting the calories eaten and burnt? I have used this approach for a great many years and it can be very handy.

Apart from that, what kinds of foods are you eating? You might need to reduce the fat/carbs, increase the protein, something like that might help....

Oh and isn't it amazing how just a few kilos can make such a difference to your dress size and how your clothes fit? People look at me like I am crazy when I say "I've put on a kilo and now my pants are too tight" :lol:
SarahC

Postby Dolly » Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:28 pm

Hi Garfield, don't ya just love how blunt mothers can be? I have a similar problem with mine. It's her way of showing me she cares.
Are you remembering to drink 8 large glasses (2 litres) of water per day? I found that by drinking only 6 glasses my weight kept gaining or staying the same, forcing myself to drink the full amount made such a big difference.
Dolly

Postby grugwashere » Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:32 pm

ack food poisoning!!! i have a vomitting Phobia that is very extreme and i feel for you... i often dont eat things just for fear that it will make me sick.... so i like to stick to packaged foods and things that i make on my own....
you dont need to lose alot of weight to have progress... you have made prgress on the very day you decide to start your diet, its progress to become more healthy.... maybe you could try a reduction diet....
SW:91kg
CW:75kg
GW: Somwhere in the 60's for now

Next mini goal:73kg
grugwashere

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:36 pm

the girls above have said a lot of valid comments and i agree with them. :) all i can say is to perhaps do a diary about your food intake and exercise regime and maybe why you eat what you eat and how you are feeling (you mentioned you feel left out). its harder for some people to lose and maintain weight than others. her ei am losing weight gradually but ill probably have probs maintaining it when i reach my goal.
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:09 pm

If you're going to make any changes such as food reduction or exercise increase, try to do it one at a time not both together so you can determine what works.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Reply to SarahC, Dolly, Grugwashere, Kate and Kim

Postby FatGarfield » Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:17 am

Hi SarahC,
Yes, I have earing a bit less and exercise more. I think I am not doing enough of that. I have a few distractions and still have not focused on myself 100%. Example, just changed the nature of my job, dont know if I have done the right thing or not. Also there was a $50000 family investment that may or maynot go down the drain due to legal issues and we will find out in 2 days. Stuff like that. But this time with all the encouragement from you guys, I have to stay focused and get rid of these 4 kilos.

I will start keeping diary on my food intake and exercise. I notice your weight is similar to mine and I hope I can progress similar to yours. You are doing excellent. I saw your photo on the website too. You look fabulous.

===========================================
Hi Dolly,
I drink a lot of water and tea every day but sometimes not regular enough. Further to your advice, I have a 1-litre glass bottle at work. I will make sure that I fill up the bottle twice a day and finish 2 litres of water before I leave work. I like putting things in my mouth, so drinking water is not a problem. I will make it a habit at work. Thank you Dolly for the advice. You are an inspiration.

============================================
Hi Grugwashere,
Yeah, food poisoning stuffs me up all the time. 2 out of 3 times, when I eat something from outside, I will get sick with dizzy head, choking feeling and vomiting problems etc. I spend a lot of time buying food and cooking at home. I will stay away from food from outside cos when I get sick, it really disturbs my weightloss plan. I will start the diary on food intake and exercise. Thank you for writing to me and for your support.

=============================================
Hi Kate,
Thank you for your reply. I will start my diary on food intake and exercise, then I cant cheat. Yesterday I was offered a big slice of cake and I told my family that I cannot have it as I had to weigh myself the next day and write in the website...

==============================================
Hi Kim,
I will focus more on food portioning. I will do a bit of exercise but I always believe that food portioing is going to do the trick. Thank you for writing to me...

===============================================
FatGarfield

Postby KimE » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:00 am

Hi FatGarfield

Sounds like you have some good advice and things to try. You may find you have to experiment a bit to find what works best with those last kilos.

All the best and let us know how you go. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Reply to KimE

Postby FatGarfield » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:15 am

Hi KimE,
Yes, I got to do a few things to experiment.
I will definitely let you know how things go.
I have put in my diary entry for my food intake and exercise for sun 24/09.

Cheers..FatGarfield...
FatGarfield

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:15 am

yeah i am interested in seeing how you go too! keep us updated :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:22 am

Hi Fat Garfield, here is something I have found that works for me. When people offer you food that you know will harm your efforts instead of saying no I don't want 'cause I am on a diet, or it will wreck my efforts etc, I always say Oh no thanks I am not hungry or I've just eaten. I have found that this way people don't try and push it on you further or make narky comments that are unwarranted and often hurtful. :wink:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Dolly » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:15 am

That's a brilliant idea Ally, you should list that on the Home Grown Tips thread. Link to home grown tips

I remember one of my daughters friends never eating my cakes and lunches like the other girls did,
she always said she was full because she had just eaten, now I know what she was up to. :lol:
Dolly

Postby Ally » Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:25 pm

Thanks Dolly all done and typed up in there!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Thks Ally

Postby FatGarfield » Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:09 am

Hi Ally,
I will take your good advice.
Whenever people hear the word diet, they have so much to say. I think as you say, it is so much easier to tell them that I have just eaten... Thanks for the tips.

Cheers...FatGarfield...
FatGarfield

Greeting to all

Postby FatGarfield » Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:45 pm

Hi all,
For a week, I have been writing in the Daily Exercise and Daily Food intake section. I have been drinking on average 3 litres of water. For the first time, I am gradually getting fitter and there is a slow reduction in my weight. The weight loss is only small and gradual but for me, that is very exciting, as my weight is reaching new goal every now and then, before, it just keeps on losing 1.5 kilo and then putting that back on and round and round.

Thank you very much for all of your help!
It has been very special to talk to people who are working hard on keeping fit and getting healthy.

I will keep going (ha.. I am just reminding myself by writing it down...). I am having a lot of beans and soy, linseed bread.

Cheers...FatGarfield...
FatGarfield

Next

Return to Personal Progress