It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:15 pm

Free Newsletter

FatGarfield's Need of Progress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:57 pm

hi fat garfield

its nice to read of your progress, and you sound happy with your progress. well done. ive read your exercise diary too and you are doing well. congrats!
keep it up mate

kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:38 pm

Good on ya FatGarfield and keep up the great work. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Ally » Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:02 am

Good on you FatGarfield....you know what they say..slow and steady wins the race!!! Keep going mate, you will achieve your goals! :wink:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Reply to Kate, Kim and Ally...

Postby FatGarfield » Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:41 pm

Hi Kate, KimE and Ally,
Just saw your notes.
Thank YOU very much for that....
Yes, I have been writing in the Food and Exercise Diary. I have been telling my boyfriend and my best friend (a girl) about that.

So excited that there is a small progress. I am getting used to drinking min 2 litres of water (these days more like 3.5 to 4 litres a day). I think I am eating so much green beans, I should turn into one very soon...

The next 7 days will be very important to me. I will try my best, so I can get fitter and my legs can rub less to each other and hopefully there can be some more small progress that I can tell you guys...

Have a nice weekend...

Talk to you all soon...
Cheers...FatGarfield...
FatGarfield

Postby Ally » Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:44 pm

Love your avatar FatGarfield...it's a little rippa!!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Need your help and encouragement

Postby FatGarfield » Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:48 am

Hi all,
Back in Sep2006, I wrote to you all. I was 5 kilos overweight and I was feeling down. I thought there was no chance. Then because of the advice and encouragement from you guys, instead of just losing 1 kilo and putting back the same kilo on, I tried out your valuable advice and managed to lose 2.5 kilos in 12 weeks.

I am keen to lose the remaining 2.5 kilos as I think I will be fitter and look better. The challenges I am faced with are:

1) Work starts to get busy and often I have to work about 10-11 hours a day. I am not that hungry but I eat more to make myself feel better.
2) My right shoulder is playing up and it is causing a lot of pain on my head and right shoulder. These happen when work is busy (computer all day etc) or when I am stressed. I am seeing a doctor today but I doubt if there will be much help.

I tend to eat too much when I am faced with these challenges.
This is a critical point, if I can lose the remaining 2.5 kilos, I will be over the moon. However, if I am not strong, there is a risk I ruin the progress made earlier.

Everyone here is working so hard and is making way much better progress than me. I dont want to fall completely behind.

I will be strong, hold on to my water and sandwiches and write daily in the food intake and exercise diary.

Can someone please tell me to be strong and get fit? Something like Dolly's big boot etc...

Thank YOU all! You guys are champions!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wfl9pOG/]
[/url]

Cheers... FatGarfield
FatGarfield

Postby Neney » Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:55 am

Congratulations on the loss!!! Keep up the great work, you're doing just fine...stick with it..looking forward to seeing you when you've reached your goal!!
Mini Goal - Reach Double Digits!! 99kgs

Neney

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:59 am

Image Hi Fatgarfield

well done on losing that 2.5kg! whoohoo! dont fret about your weightloss being slower than others here on the forum. it sounds like you are doing the right things so just keep at it and you will be fine. sorry you are in pain with your shoulder. maybe you can get a heat pack to keep in your desk drawer and heat it up throughout the day and rest it on your shoulder to help with the pain. keep lots of healthy snacks with you during the day like fruit and nuts and popcorn- that sort of thing. i really enjoy reading your food and exercise diaries so keep it up :)

you can do it!
bets wishes
kate_turner2000

Thank you Neney. Thank you Kate.

Postby FatGarfield » Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:02 pm

Thank you Neney. I will be strong and keep going so I can tell you 'I reached my goal' in the near future. I am in the 12-week challenge from Dec to Feb07.

Thank you Kate! So proud of your hardwork and progress! Heat pack sounds good. I always love things that are warm. I will check out the chemist for that. I am seeing my GP after work today. Lately the pain was so bad that I cannot sleep properly and the painkillers are not doing much anymore. Hot showers help to relief but it does not take the pain away.

Healthy snacks, I have to stock up on fruit a lot more. The quality of the fruit in Sydney has been very poor and it is very expensive for about 3 weeks now but guess I just have to pay and just get whatever I can. I will try to work hard so I can have a fraction of your progress. I know your progress comes from a lot of hardwork and control. Thank YOU again...
[/url]

Cheers... FatGarfield
FatGarfield

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:42 pm

Hi Fat garfield

yeah i know what you mean about fruit and veg prices lately. theyre expensive up this way too. at least bananas are coming down in price! but i wont spend the 6 dollars a kilo for them though! i scabbed one from mums the other day haha. but you are right, we just have to pay it. i find i am having to buy fruit and veg every couple of days because we jsut go through so much.

my sister used to always tell me that chocolates and so on will still be there (in the world) when i have lost all the weight. so if i am tempted i just think - nope it will affect the scales and i can treat myself later down the track. ill probably enjoy it more then'. im finding it hard losing weight this week after my lunch out at lone star but you need to treat yourself occasionally !!

take care and i hope the dr can help in some way :)
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:51 pm

Hi FatGarfield don't give up mate you have made great progress and look you have already lost more than you thought possible.

I hope your shoulder feels better soon it shouldn't keep you awake, make sure you tell the doc that. I have a heat pack for my knee when it flares up and I just put it in the microwave for 30secs or something and it stays warm for a while.

Best of luck and keep up the great work. *hugs*
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Reply to Kate and Kim

Postby FatGarfield » Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:22 am

Hi Kate,
$6 a kilo for bananas, still very expensive. I will wait. I like mandarins, kiwi fruit and apples. The mandarins and apples in Sydney look half-dead. The kiwi fruit is so and so but there is nothing else. Also still record high expensive but as you say, just have to buy them. Bought quite some kiwi fruit.

I agree with you. I will try to save myself for treats down the track, especially with Christmas and New Year and a few birthday celebrations coming up. It would be so exciting if I can only reach my goal. Maybe there is a possibility. You guys work hard and there is outstanding progress...

Hi Kim,
Yes, you are so right. I have already lost more than I thought it was possible. I will hang in there and work hard to achieve my goal. Today no butter, no sugar. I just have to make sure that my dinner size is reduced. With my neck and arm problem, I can only walk a bit, cannot exercise yet.

The doctor said that the nerve near the neck was strained. I need to do special stretching exercise. It was painful to do that but I can feel the swollen muscles coming down, showing signs of recovery. I will check out the heat pack. The doctor wanted me to wear the wrap-around for the neck. Need to check them out in the chemist. Yesterday the chemist was already closed. Thank you for your advice and concern. Thank YOU
[/url]

Cheers... FatGarfield
FatGarfield

Postby KimE » Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:13 pm

That's good to hear that the doc has got you doing some stretches that will help and the neck-wrap should too. Take care of yourself and get better soon. :D
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Reply to Kim

Postby FatGarfield » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:36 am

Thank you Kim...

I was so worried that the neck/shoulder pain will ruin all my previous effort. I felt the need to hang in there when I talk to you and after I talk to you. This morning I lost 0.5 kilo, the weight is 52 kilos. I can only walk a bit, not exercise yet but I will be ultra careful with my food intake. So happy to know that there is a chance. Thank YOU so much!

Still more temptation in the Christmas New Year holiday period but right now I am feeling very positive. If I can get my weight to below 52 in the next few days, I will be so excited. I will work hard on that. No cakes, no sugar, as little food from outside as possible...
[/url]

Cheers... FatGarfield
FatGarfield

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:22 pm

stay positive fatgarfield. just try and take the exercise side of things easy. its important to eat sensibly but you still need to enjoy yourself over the xmas new year break.
kate_turner2000

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress