It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:14 am

Free Newsletter

Nic's (Bel Diamante) Journey to being "Hot Stuff"

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Nic's (Bel Diamante) Journey to being "Hot Stuff"

Postby Bel Diamante » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:00 am

I think I might've posted in the wrong section as I just remembered this was the section for progress etc. I'll repost my intro message from there onto here.

It's been a while since I've been on here and my old progress thread is on here somewhere. I'm back again in yet another attempt to lose weight. Whilst I am still down on my heaviest, and also 2 kgs and 5 cm down on what i was last year this time, I still haven't found anything that I can stick to. I did WW 10yrs ago and lost 20kgs on it, and really enjoyed the program, but I moved cities, and with the move all the bad habits came back. I've tried this fad diet and that fad diet with no luck, I just feel hungry all the time on them. I've heard that WW has evolved over the years to be a better more satisfying program. And it looks like i'm joining at the right time with the join for $1 promo on at the moment! Well, I've got my healthy salad ready for tomorrow, and my first ww mtg is tuesday night, but i will make saturdays my regular group/weigh in day due to work commitments.

Well I went to my first ww mtg last night and I thoroughly enjoyed it! Its hard to get my head around the foods you can have on it because for years its been drummed into me from other weightloss programs that some of these foods are bad, and I should'nt have them. WW makes sense really, its what I preach to my clients at work (nurse), so it only makes sense that I practice what I preach. I'll be setting mini acheivable goals along the way to keep myself motivated, as well as mid term and long term goals with associated rewards. I just had breakfast. Came to 3 1/2 points. And i'm actually full! I think i'm going to like this.

Mini goal week one: Eat breakfast
I know its simple but for me its hard because I haven't eaten breakfast for over a year.

20kg goal: Hubby and I will go away for a weekend
Under 100kgs goal: Get that wrist tattoo I've wanted for ages
haven't figured out the rest. but hey, its a start.
xx Nic xx
Current Measurements
Start Bust: 133cm Now: 130cm
Start Waist: 127cm Now: 125cm
Start Hips: 148cm Now: 144cm
Bel Diamante

Re: Nic's (Bel Diamante) Journey to being "Hot Stuff"

Postby danielle* » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:23 am

I'm glad WW is working for you so far! Keep at it. I can totally relate to the eating breakfast issue- good luck with it this week :)
danielle*

Postby Bel Diamante » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:33 am

Hey Danielle! Yeh the breakfast thing lol. A couple of friends have told me that when they have started to skip breakfast the weight piled back on. So far so good.
Am still interested to see if i've lost anything as although the points system makes sense in my nursey brain, physically i am eating a fair bit (although still within my points allocation) and feel very satisfied. Would be interested to see if I lose weight this week.
xx Nic xx
Current Measurements
Bel Diamante

Postby miss_viva » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:17 pm

Hi Nic :)

Best of luck for your weigh in this week! I look forward to hearing about your progress, and i hope WW works for you this time!

I know it probably does seem like you're eating a lot, but from what I understand, your body needs a certain amount of calories to actually facilitate your weight loss - too few and your body then tries to 'hold on' to its fat supplies, as it prepares itself for 'starvation mode'. When you eat a lot of the right kinds of food, your body isn't holding onto what it has, as it's reassured that more food will be coming soon. Therefore, your body doesn't try and hold on to all of its fat supplies and the weight will start to shift. That's a very simplistic explanation, but I hope you get what I'm trying to say! Initially you might have a small gain because you might be physically consuming more food, but weightloss will soon follow.

I like that you've set yourself some little mini goals too, that's a good idea to help with your motivation :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby Bel Diamante » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:08 pm

Hey miss viva,

Thanx for your comments! You've explained it well.

Well guys i'm fighting the cravings today quite bad. Its the first day i've had just sitting around. I've drunk my 2L water and i just went for a walk up the road to the shop to get some sugar-free lollies (a dieter's best friend). I know it will get easier and the cravings will eventually go away. I've just got to be strong enough to say no, and so far I haven't strayed. Weigh-in is on Thursday night this week as i'm working Tuesday night.
xx Nic xx
Current Measurements
Bel Diamante

Postby miss_viva » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:57 pm

Hey Nic :)

How are all of those cravings going? Did you manage to beat them? When I'm craving something sweet, I really like drinking diet lemonade with something mixed into it - like orange juice, cranberry juice etc. Tasty, low cal and refreshing! Sugar free gum is good at keeping the cravings away too :) It's great that you decided to walk to the shop and buy some sugar free lollies, burning calories and getting you away from household temptations at the same time!
[/url]

miss_viva

Postby Bel Diamante » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:47 pm

OMG!!! :o 3.5kgs!!! Woohooooooo!! :D I must be doing something right LOL
xx Nic xx
Current Measurements
Bel Diamante

Postby Bel Diamante » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:49 pm

Seem to be managing the cravings better when I'm at work. But i'm well stocked on sugar-free lollies now. Will have to try the diet lemonade mixed with something!!
xx Nic xx
Current Measurements
Bel Diamante

Postby HappyGirl83 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:56 pm

3.5kg!! That is awesome hun!!
My journey so far...

Sick and tired of wasting my 20's being fat!!
HappyGirl83

Postby miss_viva » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:33 pm

Congratulations Nic!

That's a huge loss! Looks like eating lots of healthy things is the way to go! Well done on beating the cravings too :)
[/url]

miss_viva

Postby Bel Diamante » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:34 pm

Thank guys!!

Well I only lost 100gms this week. But I have lost cms!! So I'm guessing the reason why my weight loss wasn't so great this week is because I'm building up muscle.... WHICH IS A GOOD THING! yay! :D
xx Nic xx
Current Measurements
Bel Diamante

Postby miss_viva » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:51 pm

Great job on losing cm's Nic, and it's nice to see you have such a positive attitude! 100gms is still a loss, no matter how small! 3.5kgs was a massive loss the week before, so it's natural your loss this week won't be quite as dramatic. However, if you think about it - losing 3.6kgs in 2 weeks is still really great! That's an average of 1.8kgs per week, and I'm sure anyone would be happy with that :)
[/url]

miss_viva

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:40 pm

A loss is a loss, and losing centimetres is more important than losing kilos! It's great that you're building muscle through exercise. Good on you, Nic!
EvilWombatQueen

Return to Personal Progress