It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:16 pm

Free Newsletter

My newest goal!!

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: My newest goal!!

Postby fi_112 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:21 pm

Have managed to maintain 62 - 62.5 kg for a whole week now. Feeling happy and hoping I can keep it up, although I've been really busy and not eating much so if I find it's not sustainable in the long term then I might have to revise.

I want to concentrate on learning to love my body now. This may involve ditching the scales.. but I'm still undecided! What do you guys think?
To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are
fi_112

Postby CronicBadger » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:26 pm

If you have a problem with scales, such as an obsession with weigh-ins, then I suspect removing them won't solve the underlying problem. I'd suggest fixing up whatever problem the scales exacerbate, which will reinstate them as a tool, and nothing else.
CronicBadger

Postby fi_112 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:47 pm

Thanks for the reply CB. I do agree to an extent but I also think they act as a maintaining mechanism for the underlying problem, rather than a symptom...

Hrmmm..
fi_112

Postby fi_112 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:31 pm

Hi all!

Well I have been busy with work/gym/social life lately so haven't been on the board much. Loving life atm - have started poledancing lessons and am hopefully going to try cross-fit soon! Loving trying new things!

Weighed in at 62.4kg this morning.. I've generally been maintaining about 62-63kg.

The past few weeks I've been listening to my body a lot more rather than eating out of habit, and I'm feeling a lot more in control and better about myself. Have also been doing some self help therapy to work on my eating issues - a lot of reflection, observing my thought and behaviour patterns, self esteem work etc. I did consider speaking to a counsellor but at this stage I'm feeling good and like I'm finally getting better on my own, but it's definitely something I'll consider.

I think what the main barrier holding me back from letting go of these issues were that they fuelled themselves - if I begun to let go of the issues, I would get scared of gaining weight, and therefore I didn't want to let go of them... but the fear of gaining weight was caused by them in the first place... if that makes sense??? Anyway, sometimes I still feel anxious if I've eaten something 'wrong' or too much but now I am aware of the anxiety and I can just observe it.

I don't ever want an unhealthy lifestyle back, but I want to be able to enjoy food and not have anxieties about it. Just treat it as a part of life to be enjoyed. That's my aim.

Hope everyone else is going great xxx
fi_112

Previous

Return to Personal Progress