It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:06 pm

Free Newsletter

Ruby Fox - Pin Up Girl

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Ruby Fox - Pin Up Girl

Postby rubyfox » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:25 pm

I've had enough of the fat merry-go-round and I'm so angry at myself for letting this happen AGAIN, all I want is to feel good and maybe even a little sexy. So, this is it. My weight has gone up and down so many times over the past 20 years and I really really want (need) to get it under control, I'm sick of running away every time someone brings out a camera. The worst thing is that I have a 20 month old daughter and I cringe every time I have my picture taken with her, just because I look so awful. I'll never get these years with her back and I'd love to have thousands of photos of us together but I can't stand seeing myself. I've tried to lose weight on my own, and I have lost 10kg (from 105 to 95kg) but I have such a long way to go and my weight loss seems to have stopped. So, now I've got myself a diet and exercise plan off the internet which looks really good, so for the first time in a long time I'm starting to feel a bit excited, like maybe I can get on top of this weight issue. I got the plan a couple of weeks ago and have started following it this week, it's too early to tell yet but it feels good so far. I really really want to be a pin up girl, not a camera-dodger. Wish me luck.
Ruby
rubyfox

Re: Ruby Fox - Pin Up Girl

Postby miss_viva » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:01 pm

Oh. My. God.

I just typed out this massive reply to you, and then accidentally deleted it... gotta hate technology sometimes!

Let me start again:

Hi Ruby, and welcome to the forums! Congratulations on losing 10kgs already, that's a fantastic effort! I really related to your story, because I too am a "camera dodger". I used to hate having my photo taken before, and I always used to hide/offer to take the photos instead of having to look at pictures of exactly how big I was. I hated not being able to feel confident enough to have my photos taken with my friends.

You mentioned that you've got a new eating and exercise plan off the internet - where abouts did you find that? Have you also seen the calorie king website yet? (http://www.calorieking.com.au) It's really helpful and informative - if you type in your details, it tells you how many calories you're allowed per day, and the nutritional breakdown of a whole range of common foods/drinks.

I felt so bad for you when you talked about not having the confidence to be in photos with your daughter - I don't have children but I can imagine exactly how you feel, especially when you talked about not being able to get those moments back. I think you should just take some anyway, you could always use those photos for discussion later on in life when your daughter is older. E.g. "It's important to eat healthy foods, so your body grows up healthy and strong. Mummy used to eat unhealthy foods and she was much bigger then" etc.

You can do this Ruby, and I'm sure you'll be a sexy fox if you work hard :) I was 115kgs at my heaviest, and I really think it's just about persistence. Put bad days behind you, and try and keep your motivation levels up. One bad day won't destroy everything, so if you slip up, make sure you get back on track and just try to eat as well as you can the majority of the time. Allow yourself treats here and there - if you go for an all or nothing approach, it'll probably just result in bingeing (if you're anything like me!). Exercise makes a big difference too, so try and do that as much as you can. I was slack with exercising towards the end of last year, and I noticed that my results REALLY slowed down. I've started exercising more regularly again, and already I can feel and notice the difference.

All the best :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby rubyfox » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:51 am

Thanks so much for your reply - I've always been a bit sceptical about forum type things, but now I can see how good they are. It really feels good to find people who understand exactly what you're going through and maybe can help pick you up when you're feeling down. I may become a regular! What you said about taking photos and showing my daughter when she's older is such a great idea, I'd never thought of it like before. It really makes me sad to think there are so few photos of me and her together all because I'm so ashamed of myself. I am feeling a bit more confident now that I have a proper weight loss plan to follow though, I feel that maybe now I can fix this problem for good. You asked where I got the plan from, it was a website called pinupbodies.com.au and they gave me a diet plan and an exercise plan to follow. My sister recommended it to me last year but it took me a while to do anything about it, she loved it though so I thought that was a pretty good start. It's been really good so far (only started on Monday though) but at least I feel like I'm doing it properly this time and am a bit more organised about it. You're so right about allowing treats too, I think that's been one of my biggest problems. I tell myself I can't have something and then end up obsessing about it until eventually I eat ten times as much as I would have if I'd let myself have it when I really wanted it. It's so stupid isn't it? It almost feels as though I'm doing in on purpose just to spite myself. That's another good thing about the diet I got, it actually includes treats and stuff - they ask what things you love and then put it in as part of the diet. So hopefully I'll be able to stick to it a bit better. I had a look at the Calorie King site and it looks pretty good too, but I'll see how I go with the plan I'm on and maybe I can use the 2 sites together. I AM gonna be a sexy fox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rubyfox

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:35 pm

It sounds like a good plan, Ruby Fox. I hope it works well for you! I'm glad you're finding it easy to follow.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby miss_viva » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:35 pm

You're welcome, I really like coming to this forum too because there are a lot of supportive, helpful and informative people out there willing to lend a hand :)

I haven't actually heard of pinup bodies, but I think if it's something your sister has tried and liked, at least you have some good word of mouth there! I really think it doesn't matter what diet/exercise plan you follow, as long as it is well-balanced and not too restrictive. I'm not personally following anything specific, I just try and eat as healthily as I can, and when I slip up, I just try and get back on track again. I also try and exercise, but I go through various stages of motivation with that :P. It's been a gradual process, but I just keep telling myself that if I persevere, the weight will eventually come off.

I know exactly what you mean about obsessing about something when you tell yourself that you can't have it. When I first started trying to lose weight, I'd cut everything "bad" out, and I'd have really great motivation for about 3 months and lose about 10-12kgs, and then I'd end up on going on this massive binge. I'd just eat everything that I wasn't "allowed" to have, and as soon as I did that, I'd think "well, I've blown it now" and revert to old eating habits. I must have done that a good 3 times before I worked out that it wasn't about banning foods. It's really about moderation, instead of eating a family sized block of chocolate (my personal drug of choice), I just have a few pieces lol.

Keep us posted on your progress! Are you planning on having a regular weigh in day? I find that helps to keep yourself accountable.
[/url]

miss_viva

Postby rubyfox » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:01 pm

Woohoo!! After having spent the last 3 months or so hovering between 95 and 96kg I've finally started moving again - 93.1kg this morning. I'm so happy. This plan I'm on seems to be working really well so far. I haven't been below 95kg for over 2 years. It's not easy, but it feels so good to have an organised approach and to now see the results of just over a weeks work. If I can get below 90kg before Valentines Day I might even treat myself to some sexy lingerie to celebrate. I know I still have a long way to go but it's good to appreciate every bit of weight that I lose. And a 90kg me is definitely sexier than a 95kg me. I hope this continues.....
Ruby :D
rubyfox

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:53 pm

Well done, Ruby! That's a great result. :D
EvilWombatQueen

Postby miss_viva » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:37 pm

Nice job, Ruby!

I bet your husband/bf will be supportive of you getting down to 90kgs if it means some sexy underwear ;) Keep up the great work!
[/url]

miss_viva

Postby HappyGirl83 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:16 pm

Good work! I can't wait to get some nice underwear...even thought there is no one but me to see it, sometimes it just makes you feel a bit special knowing that you are wearing it!
My journey so far...

Sick and tired of wasting my 20's being fat!!
HappyGirl83

Postby rubyfox » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:53 am

Wow, time goes so fast. I've been meaning to write a post for over a week but could never find the time. Good news - I'm now down to 89.2kg - I made my Valentines goal ahead of schedule. I can't believe it. I've still got a way to go but I feel so much better than I have in ages, and I AM gonna get some new underwear - but nothing too expensive though cos hopefully soon it'll be too big for me! Now I'm getting the whole diet and exercise thing under a bit of control (so far) my main problem these days seems to be my head. It seems that as I lose weight my brain is like it's trying to stop me - does this happen to anyone else? I'll be feeling really good then suddenly I'll start having all these negative thoughts - like "who am I kidding - I'll always be fat" or "what's the point, I'm old and ugly anyway" - horrible stuff like that. I really have to have a good talk to myself to pull myself out of these negative spirals. I've read somewhere that when you make big changes in your life your brain can sometimes freak out a bit and start rebelling, it doesn't seem to like change. Maybe that's what's happening to me, I don't know, but I'm finding now that my I need all my self control to try and switch it off. You'd think my head would happy with me but I think it's getting cranky (lol). I'll keep going though, maybe it just needs a bit of adjustment time.
Ruby
rubyfox

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:20 pm

Well done on hitting your target ahead of time, Ruby! I know what you mean about your head trying to sabotage your plans. With a lot of us that negative psychological self-talk is what made us overweight in the first place! I think it was Dr Phil who said it takes ten compliments to overcome one criticism. And when your mental self-talk is constantly putting you down that's a huge amount of psychological baggage to overcome!

Maybe your next task should be to bolster your own self esteem. Every time you catch yourself thinking something negative, force yourself to think of five positives. "I am going to lose the weight!", "I've done so well so far, that proves I can do well in the future!", "I am absolutely GORGEOUS!", "I am clever and determined at other areas of life, and now I'm going to be clever and determined at weight loss", and maybe simply "I can do this!"

Every day spend a few minutes meditating and telling yourself how great, gorgeous and successful you are. Make a list of all the great things about you and stick it on the fridge. Make a Facebook status update asking friends to list your good qualities.

And simply start treating yourself as your best friend rather than your worst enemy. Every time you think something negative about yourself ask yourself if you'd say that about your best mate. Then think of something your best mate would say about you - I'll bet it's a hell of a lot more positive than what you are saying about yourself!

Good luck! You're a great person and you deserve to think happy thoughts. :D
EvilWombatQueen

Postby miss_viva » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:30 am

Well done on reaching the 80's Ruby! It's such a great feeling :)
[/url]

miss_viva

Postby rubyfox » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:00 pm

Well, Valentines Day was a hit!!! I may have gone a little OTT with the lingerie but I couldn't help it - I was too excited (are tassells really too much???). Anyway I feel great and am now weighing in at 87.9kg. I know I'm still very overweight but right now I feel like a skinny little thing, I can't imagine how amazing I'll feel when I get to my goal (60kg). I'm even starting to smile for photos!!!! I have a challenge this weekend which makes me a bit nervous though - I'm putting on a baby shower for a friend and of course that means FOOD, and lots of it! One of my weaknesses is that I love baking, absolutely adore it, which is why I was so eager to put on the baby shower, but now I'm going to have to have a good long talk to myself to show some restraint on the day. I got a recipe for angel food cake (has no fat in it!) from the website that I got my diet plan from and I'm gonna make that and stick with that for my sweet tooth and some home made hummus with vegetable sticks for the savoury side - fingers crossed. I'll just have to pretend that all the other stuff isn't there. I think I'll need a lot of self-talk and affirmations on Saturday (thanks EWQ - I'm doing what you sugggested and it does help). This is my first big food test since I started on my plan - I hope I don't fall at the first hurdle!!!!!!
Ruby
rubyfox

Postby miss_viva » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:57 pm

Hey Ruby,

How did you go with your weekend challenge? It sounds like you planned well in advance, so hopefully you were able to follow through with it :)
[/url]

miss_viva

Return to Personal Progress