It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:22 am

Free Newsletter

I've lost 30kgs!

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

I've lost 30kgs!

Postby miss_viva » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:47 pm

Ok, so my weigh in day is not officially until Monday, but being a scales addict, I check every morning when I wake up :P

Today, I was down to 84.8kgs, which means that I have now lost 30.2kgs!! I'm SO excited! It really seems like my goal is achievable and not that far off now. My next mini goal is to get to 81.6kgs - a somewhat random weight, but that will bring my BMI to below 30, and I'll be "overweight" instead of "obese". I'm probably the only person excited about being overweight in the future, lol.

My original goal on here was to get to 75kgs, and at the moment, I have just under 10kgs to go. I can't believe how close it feels now, and I can't wait to get into the 70s :) I'll post my official weigh in on Monday, but I was just so happy to have reached the 30kg mark, I had to post!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Re: I've lost 30kgs!

Postby Shay » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:57 pm

Yay go you! That is excellent, excellent stuff!Well done! :D
Had my baby girl Leah on 13/12/10!

Weight at 40 weeks: 81.5kg
SW 4 days post-baby: 74.4kg
CW: 67kg

1st mini goal: 72kg - DONE!
2nd mini goal: 70kg - DONE!
3rd mini goal: 67kg - DONE!

4th mini goal: 64kg
Shay

Postby starr22 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:59 pm

AWESOME :D Thats a great achievement. Yay :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wqP0t7v/]
[/url]
starr22

Postby HappyGirl83 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:17 pm

You rock lady!!!
My journey so far...

Sick and tired of wasting my 20's being fat!!
HappyGirl83

Postby miss_viva » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:06 pm

Thanks girls! I'm really happy! :mrgreen: Bring on 35kgs!
[/url]

miss_viva

Postby Aylilth » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:22 pm

Well done!!!!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/exercise/wngemn5/]
[/url]

Come follow me on my blog
Aylilth

Postby Czarina » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:36 pm

It's a great feeling, hey? :mrgreen:
Czarina

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:31 pm

You've done an amazing job, Miss Viva. Good on you! You really deserve to give yourself a pat on the back because you really have done well. :D
EvilWombatQueen

Postby ramatang » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:56 pm

Thats really good.. I cant wait.. How have you been doing it ???
Height - 160cm
Starting Weight - 114KG
Goal Weight - 70KG
ramatang

Postby miss_viva » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:44 pm

Thanks a lot everyone for the nice comments and support :)

ramatang wrote:Thats really good.. I cant wait.. How have you been doing it ???

I really wish there was a magic secret I could share with you, but there isn't lol. It's taken me a pretty long time to get here, and I've definately slipped up along the way, multiple times. I really got serious about losing weight in March 09, and back then I started off at 103.5kgs. I'm hoping that by March this year, I'll be at least 83.5kgs or less, so I'll have lost over 20kgs in a year.

All I really do is try and eat "healthily" as much as I possibly can. I don't seriously worry about counting calories every moment of the day, but every now and again I use calorie king to look up various foods if I'm not too sure about them. I'm not following any particular plan like Weight Watchers etc, I just tend to do my own thing.

I guess the general "rules" that I try and follow most days are:

1. Eat breakfast
2. Eat two pieces of fruit
3. Have two servings of low fat dairy products
4. Have no more than 2 pieces of bread
5. Have some kind of lean protein
5. Have at least 5 serves of vegetables
6. Allow yourself treats, but in moderation.
7. If you slip up, put it behind you and move on. Get back to eating healthily ASAP.

Over in my Personal Progress thread, I posted a sample of the things that I might eat on an average day, if you're interested.

6 is an imporant one, I absolutely ADORE snacking on things that are bad for me, lol. However, I no longer just sit there with a packet of chips, a packet of biscuits, a block of chocolate etc. I will often pick at things here and there, and I find now that once I have a little bit, my cravings are satisifed. That took a lot of time for me to be able to do though, without going crazy and eating it all :P In my head, I try and tell myself 'it's there later on if you want some, you don't have to eat it all now'.

I also try and fit in a bit of exercise, although admittedly I'm often quite bad with that. I tend to go through stages where I do heaps of exercise, and stages where I do hardly any. Kind of the "all or nothing" approach. I've definately noticed that when I exercise, my weight loss is a lot more consistant, compared to when I'm just watching what I eat. I stopped exercising towards the end of last year, and I was losing hardly anything - maybe about half a kilo a month, if that. When I was exercising most days, I was losing about 2-4kgs a month, depending. However, if there was any benefit to that, I think giving my body a break and basically maintaining my weight has helped my body to adjust to the changes. Also, now that I've started exercising more again, my body is "shocked" again, and it's helping with my weightloss.

I don't know if that helps you at all, and I really wish there was something "special" I could tell you about weight loss. I really think it's just about consistency, and getting back on track as soon as possible when you screw up! I still lose motivation and screw up sometimes, eat at buffets etc, and in the past, I used to think 'well, I've ruined my diet, I'm just going to eat whatever now'. Now, I just try and think 'ok, that wasn't great and I probably shouldn't have eaten that, but it's done now and I can't change it. However, I still have control over what I eat next, and I choose to eat something healthy, so I don't undo what I've accomplished so far". I've definately learnt that one big blow out here and there won't undo everything, but if you do that every day, it will.

If you want to know anything more specific, feel free to ask and I'll try and help you :)

Good luck :)
[/url]

miss_viva

Postby Julz » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:19 pm

Congrats, great job,its a bloody awesome feeling isn't it? I look forward to seeing your "Goal reached" post this year :)
Julz

Postby fi_112 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:18 pm

Well done!! And about the 'slipping up' part, I think that's an important part of the process. You wouldn't be where you are today if you hadn't f***ed up occassionally :) Now you've got it down to an art xx
To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are
fi_112

Postby miss_viva » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:03 am

Thanks girls :)
[/url]

miss_viva

Postby skinny on the inside » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:08 pm

WOW...30kg's lost, that's an awesome achievement, well done you!! I also like your "rules" as they are very sensible. I can't wait to be able to post my own "I've lost 30kg's" thread. Good luck with the rest of your journey. :)
New starting weight: 94.1 kg
First goal: to get under 90 kg's
Next goal: 85 kg by end of Feb
Short term goal: 70 kg by end of Jun
Long term goal: 60 kg by X-Mas

skinny on the inside

Postby Carley » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:36 pm

That's amazing, congratulations! You should feel so very proud of yourself, that is wow babe!
Goal for 2016:
Current weight: 94 kilos
Starting weight: 102.5 kilos
Goal #1: 92 kilos
Carley

Next

Return to Personal Progress