It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:00 pm

Free Newsletter

Julie's Pregnancy Weight Loss Diary

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Julie's Pregnancy Weight Loss Diary

Postby Julz » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:58 pm

Hi guys n girls :)

I haven't been around much lately but now I'm back on track. After losing 30kg I suprisingly fell pregnant and they put my weightloss on the backburner. I have done a lot of research and talked to my GP/OB and they are happy to let me lose weight during this pregnancy. So long as I lose it slowly and sensibly and make sure I am eating an adequate balanced diet all will be fine :) I'm real excited now lol feel good to be back on track.

I decided to start a new diary because I really do not want to be scrolling past my old posts and comparing pre-pregnancy losses to pregnancy losses and get discouraged. I am currently just over 13 weeks, so right at the end of my first trimester. That leaves me with about 26 weeks to go. I think my old goal of 1kg a week is too much to lose and I am aiming for something more like 1/2 kg a week. I would like to be around 90kg just prior to giving birth. Then when the baby comes I should drop close to 10 kg (I have very big babies lol). I'm not going to push any loss, if it happens great, if not oh well I'll deal with it after baby arrives I'm not going to start starving myself just to get a losss.

So I'm going to weigh in tomorrow morning. My weight has been fluctuating like crazy, I weigh anything from 104-108kg on any given day, I think its due to fluid retention because I am up all night peeing (tmi sorry lol) its not unusual for me to lose 2+kg overnight.
Julz

Re: Julie's Pregnancy Weight Loss Diary

Postby fi_112 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:21 pm

Best of luck!!! That is so exciting for you, congratulations!!!
To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are
fi_112

Postby meegs » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:39 pm

What an exciting time.

I had gestational diabetes with my number 1 and did lose weight. It is possible to do, and you certainly seem like you have your head on properly.

Good luck with it all... I look forward to hearing your progress.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wZmhU33/]
[/url]
meegs

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:55 am

Congratulations on your pregnancy! It's great that you consulted your doctor prior to planning to lose any more weight. I'm sure that healthy eating will help you get to your goal. Good luck!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby miss_viva » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:01 am

Congratulations Julie, you must be really excited!

Good luck with your weightloss, it looks as though you have a sensible approach :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby Julz » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:28 am

Thanks so much for the support, I was a bit iffy about making this thread as I thought I might have a few nay-sayers thinking I'm crazy trying to lose weight during pregnancy lol I lost 20+ kg in my last pregnancy but it was due to morning sickness it didn't affect bubs at all, infact he weighed nearly 10 pounds and he was early!

So I weighed in this morning and I guess I'm having a heavy day :( 107.9, was only 106 yesterday, these flucuations really suck :? Now I'm off to have a late breakfast and make some soup for lunch.
Julz

Postby miss_viva » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:36 pm

Maybe you didn't get up as much during the night to pee? :P

Don't let it get to you, Julz :) I'm sure it's just a fluctuation like you said, and your body is obviously going through a lot of changes at the moment. Just be as healthy as you can be, it'll benefit both you and your baby.
[/url]

miss_viva

Postby Julz » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:50 pm

Well its been an interesting week started with the best intentions got the idea into my head of trying this kickstart soup diet, I wasn't going to follow it rigorously I was going to eat other stuff I was just feeling like soup at the time and thought it sounded good. What a massive failure lol I made a huge pot of it up had one bowl for lunch and got sick of it I couldnt even finish the bowl then the idea of eating anymore made me want to vomit lol. We had a 3 hr trip to my grandparents this week and on the way home I was buggered and really couldnt be bothered with dinner so we stopped for kebabs :oops: Apart from that I have been pretty good, I have been craving mostly healthy stuff like fruit, I have eaten a kg of peaches in the last 2 days since I did grocery shopping lol. Weighed in this morning much lighter than last time 105.7 but weight has still been yoyo-ing like crazy its difficult to tell how much i really weigh so so I am just hoping that the fluctuations whilst inevitable tend to be in the lower kg range each weigh. Its a little frustrating trying to guage any weightloss because the scales are unreliable, can't really tell by the fitting of my clothes and tape measure is useless but oh well I guess time will tell.
Julz

Postby fi_112 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:52 am

Hi Julz,
Great to hear that your weight is back down, and you've been tucking into peaches! I wouldn't worry about the scales too much, you don't want to spend your whole pregnancy stressed out because (and I'm no expert) but that affects the baby hey? Just try your best but don't put so much pressure on yourself, your body is going through a lot as it is.
Best of luck :) xxx
To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are
fi_112

Postby miss_viva » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:11 pm

Hi Julz,

It's great that you've been craving healthy foods, and I'm sure that will have a great impact on both your health and your baby's health. You said that you've spoken with your doctors about losing weight while pregnant, did they help you come up with a suitable diet and exercise plan? If you haven't spoken to anyone about that yet, it might be an idea to talk to someone with expertise in this area :)

I agree with Fi though, just be kind to yourself during your pregnancy, and enjoy it : don't get too hung up on the numbers. Just focus on being as healthy as you possibly can be, and I'm sure you will see some positive results at the end!
[/url]

miss_viva

Postby Julz » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:18 pm

Thanks guys, I'm trying not to get too hung up on the digits . I'm considering banishing the scales for a couple of weeks, but I really do like checking in and holding myself accountable. I guess I'm not so afraid that I will not lose weight as I am that I will put it on and undo all my good work and make my job twice as hard after I have had bubs. My GP/OB didn't recommend a diet/eating plan or exercises, I just told him what I was eating and and roughly how many calories and the variety of stuff I was having and he said its fine, as for exercise I just got told not to overdo it, don't go to the point where my heart rate gets too high ie. if I cant hold a conversation whilst exercising I should slow down, and I know the usual exercise to avoid ie. sit-ups, some weights and cycling etc.

To be honest my exercise has been basically non existant since I discovered I was pregnant. I had been running around the block with hubby just prior to falling pregnant but I stopped because it was a bit too strenuous to the point where i was coughing up and throwing up afterwards. Then during first trimester I was just too tired to be bothered. Feeling much better now and started my first serious exercise, I started doing stepping while watching biggest loser tonight lol I thought it was only a 30 min episode and was going to stop but it was an hr show and I am pretty chuffed that I kept going. It wasn't as hard as I thought, after not exercising for a few months I thought I would struggle like I did when I first started trying to lose weight. I think the 30kg I lost made it so much easier starting over again :)
Julz

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:25 am

That's a great idea to do stepping while watching TBL. I hope you don't mind me stealing that idea from you!

Trying a soup kick-start diet might have been too much for you, especially if your dietary choices are dictated by cravings to a large extent. It might be easier just to pick the healthiest option that will satisfy your hankerings each meal time. For instance, if you crave chips then oven bake some home-made wedges with a little spray oil.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Julz » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:36 pm

Well the scales are going down sort of, still wildly fluctuating but I guess I'll just have to live with that. So weird losing weight but at the same time belly getting so big I can barely do up my jeans lol feeling so fat, but I know its just the baby bump. Will be good to actually have a nice baby bump this time and actually look pregnant not just fat :lol: I've been way slack on the exercise though for no excuse but my own laziness lol I've been procrastinating with work and telling myself I need to get my orders done before I get stuck into the exercise but neither the exercise or work get done :oops:
Julz

Postby miss_viva » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:36 am

I wouldn't worry too much about the fluctuations on the scales - you'll be able to see all of your work paying off after you have your baby :) I'm sure you will notice changes a long the way too, such as a more defined bump, so that should give you indications that you're on the right track!
[/url]

miss_viva

Postby nataliep » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:13 pm

So glad that i found this! i currently weigh 86.5 kgs - most of that has been on since i had my first child. when we first started ttc, i was a healthy 58-59kgs. 3 yrs on after so much strees of unseccessfully trying, i was 70kgs when i fell pregnant, 98kgs by the end of that pregnancy, then dropped back to 70 kgs about 6 months after birth, but when i stopped breastfeeding 1 yr ago, went back up to weights in the 80ish kgs, and now have been stuck at 86 for about 3 months - putting on weight as i try to lose it and get pregnant again. Have just found out i am pregnant with number 2 - I CANNOT GET FATTER THIS PREGNANCY! if i do i feel it will be the end of my healthy body, i just don't think i could go anywhere from much more that what i am now. I so want to lose weight, have a healthy pregnancy, and at the end of my journey be a healthy and happy mum who can run around with my kids and not get out of breath. I am hoping to at least remain the same weight throughout the pregnancy - at least not put any on, which would really mean losing about 10kgs over 8 months. If i can actually have my weight go down, i would be so so happy! It is a hard thing to talk about generally, because everyone just says, oh don't worry about it, it's pregnant not fat, don't push your body at this time, be careful of the baby etc any the perception is that you are vain and want a pregnancy without the side effects of getting bigger. That's not it - i just want, and need to be, healthy. I look forward to following your story :)
nataliep

Return to Personal Progress