It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:17 am

Free Newsletter

I WILL be a size 10 for my dress fitting!!

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

I WILL be a size 10 for my dress fitting!!

Postby laura17 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:28 am

My goal: to be a size 10 for my wedding dress fitment in June!

I have started acai berry supplement, a new diet and fitness regime AND cut out coffee altogether ARGH!!! no coffee :(
any tips on a morning kickstart lol

If you've read my stuff on acai berry you'll know that my previous attempt at healthy living failed, because I got frustrated, disheartened and just gave up. The 5 kilos that I lost came back in a heartbeat. So my doctor has recommended that I try acai berry supplement and failing that, start taking a serious thermogenic supplement. Thermogenics slightly increase your body temperature which boosts the metabolism to maximum. Check out www.thesupplementden.com.au for more info.

So, I have my wedding dress fitting in June and my wedding date is in October next year. I'm currently a size 12-14. Which means for my body shape to be a size 10, I need to get back to 60kgs. Current weight is 79kgs. I started doing weights again and exercising daily. I'm also planning my meals with calorieking.com.au again. Surprisingly though, I can't eat my recommended 1450 calories each day!! It's just too much food for me to consume. I exercise for at least 30 minutes a day whether it be cardio, weights or playing netball. I've cut back my normal two glasses of wine each night to just one medium glass (and it's organic wine which doesn't contain all of the preservatives that standard wine does) and I've also started using a sandwhich plate instead of a dinner plate for my nightly meals. Some people have said to me that you shouldn't eat after 7pm, is this true and if so why??????

I will be posting pics up shortly so you can see visable progress (when I get the courage to get my girlfriend to take them :? )

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wf618fH/]
[/url]
[/url]
laura17

Re: I WILL be a size 10 for my dress fitting!!

Postby Czarina » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:10 pm

Unfortunately, if these supplements worked, everyone would be thin! Good old Calories in Vs Calories out will get you there.

You must eat your recommended calories, for you health and so you have 'somewhere to go' when you get closer to goal.

The whole not eating after 7pm is a bunch of rubbish. I have eaten food after 7pm for the past two years and it didn't stop me losing over 40kg...
Czarina

Postby miss_viva » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:30 pm

I definately agree with what Czarina posted - it really is all about calories in vs calories out.

People follow all different plans and diets on here, but I don't personally believe in being too restrictive. For example, you could allow yourself one skinny latte each day - a regular sized one from a place like Gloria Jeans is less than 100 calories and is something you could work into your diet. I've always found that if you really love something and you completely exclude it from your diet, you'll only want it more and it will make you feel resentful that you can't have it.

Maybe I'm just defending coffee because I LOVE my coffees and can't live without them, lol. I've lost over 30kgs now and drink coffee on a daily basis, and it doesn't seem to have had any impact on my diet. In fact, if anything I think coffee has HELPED my diet, because sometimes if I feel like snacking or eating something 'bad', I'll have a skinny latte instead - which is 100 calories, as opposed to having something a lot higher in calories. (I'm not advocating drinking coffee instead of eating food - I'm talking about when I've already had lunch or something, and still feel like mindless snacking). I also haven't noticed any problems with eating after 7pm :)

Good luck with your goals, I'm sure you'll look beautiful in your wedding dress, and that your partner will love you no matter what size you are!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby laura17 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:01 pm

Thanks for the advice guys, really appreciate it. I get mental blocks where I'll believe something if I'm told it. I'm the type of person who easily gets suckered into silly things when it comes to my body, especially my weight. My doctor has recommended the acai berry so I'll give it a try. I have a REALLY slow metabolism so anything to help boost it somewhat.

I really don't want to give up my daily coffee either lol. I'll just skip the sugar. Also getting my butt kicked by everyone here is good for me :D sometimes we all need a butt kicking.

[/url]
[/url]
laura17

Postby miss_viva » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:15 pm

I agree, I definately need my butt kicked at times too!

If you're not too sure about something that someone has told you, it's always a good idea to do your own research and look into it a little more. That way, you can make your own objective choices about whether or not that advice is correct and/or suitable for you :)

How's the rest of your week been?
[/url]

miss_viva

Postby laura17 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:47 pm

The rest of my week has been alright. Saturday was a treat day as since we don't get paid to work that day, the boss provides a BBQ for breakfast and lunch. Didn't get time to eat lunch but had some rindless bacon on whole grain bread. Been taking the dogs for walks again which they are loving. Back playing netball this week and once i get over the soreness from tuesday night's game, means that i will be getting back into my normal routine. Weigh in tomorrow.
[/url]
laura17

Postby laura17 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:54 am

Okay, today is weigh-in day so first thing this morning I jumped out of bed and onto the scales, after tripping over the cat and crash landing into the pedastool fan :?

Rubbing my eyes and struggling to read the needle (forgot to put on my glasses in my haste to 'weigh-in'), I'm pleased to say that I have lost 1kg in one week YAY!!!! 1kg down and 18kg to go!!

[/url]
laura17

Postby miss_viva » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:46 pm

Well done on losing 1kg, that's a fantastic loss! Keep up the great work :)
[/url]

miss_viva

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:28 am

Well done on losing a kilo, Laura! You're doing really well. :D
EvilWombatQueen

Postby laura17 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:09 pm

Ok so it's been quite awhile since I last wrote something. All I want to say is that work really sucks. It gets in the way of everything! Obviously if you love what you do and work with enjoyable people then it makes things easier. However, no matter how much you may love your job, if you work with one or two people that find it fun in making your life difficult then your enjoyment perspective is shifted. Since work has been incredibly hectic I have found it difficult to stay focused on my goal. However, despite all that I have managed to lose 1.5 kgs!!!! :D Maybe it's the stress lol :lol:

If anyone has tips on how to eat, exercise and sleep properly while working 60hours a week it would be a big help. I normally get out of work at 6pm (if i'm lucky), go home and head to the gym for an hour. Usually by the time I get home it is 8pm (time for a shower and bed!) so forget about eating. I normally have a bake day where I make up portion size meals and freeze them however I get one day off a week and really don't want to spend my free time cooking (as much as I enjoy that lol). I'm also going to try and go to the gym before I go to work, which means being at the gym at 6am when they open the doors, or maybe I should invest in a treadmill so I can just jump on that regardless of the hour.........

So any tips or pointers (and also some butt kicking to get motivated again) would be greatly appreciated :mrgreen:

[img]
[/url]
laura17

Postby laura17 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:09 pm

[/url]
[/url]
laura17

Return to Personal Progress