It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:31 pm

Free Newsletter

Sunkist's Journey

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Sunkist's Journey

Postby Sunkist » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:48 am

hello everyone

Thought I would put my progress up too. I have 69kg to lose, which means I have to lose over half my total body weight I have at the moment. I am trying to focus on the end result, visualizing myself at my goal weight, instead of this seemingly enormous amount of weight I have to lose to get there.

Tracking my progress is a good idea though, will help me to be honest with my actions(overeating) and non actions(activity).

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wJ18Yx3/]
[/url]
Sunkist

Re: Sunkist's Journey

Postby Julz » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:53 am

Hi Sunkist,

Welcome to the forum :) It is a huge task you have ahead of you and I wish you the best of luck. I had a similar amount to lose and I'm nearly halfway there, I know it sounds like a mammoth task but I found if you break it down to smaller goals it makes it seem much more achievable. I broke mine into 5kg mini goals sounds so much more reachable if i say i have 5kg to lose rather than 70kg lol

Have you made a plan on how you are going to lose the weight yet?

Julie :)
Julz

Postby Sunkist » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:59 am

Hello Julie

Thanks for the encouragement and yes, sounds like a good idea to break it down with smaller goals till I reach my goal weight, never thought about doing that.

As how I am going to achieve my goal weight, well, I already started last year, about 6 or 7 months ago with a whole mind shift towards the kinds of food I am consuming.

I recently remarried, well, recently ( doing a quick calculation in my head) lol omg, just realised is our one year wedding aniversary this month, the 13th... anyway, we found out with doctor check up/tests(though I already knew), that my husband was on the way to becoming a type 2 diabetic (his reading was well over 20).

I desperatly wanted and needed to lose weight anyway ( I was 139kg), and this was a great excuse to start the shift towards more healthy foods and eliminating most processed food, junk foods from our diet. After a month of eliminating junk food, soft drinks from hubbies diet ( he was addicted to cola) and cheese( lol he is addicted to that as well), and eating just home cooked, fresh fruit and vegies, daily exercise, ( added unsweetened cocoa and cinnamon , said to help with diabeties), he amazed his doctor with a perfect normal blood sugar level, she had already given him script to start on tablets, but wanted to try with diet and exercise first.....( sighh, I am getting side tracked) lol, lots of extensive tests afterwards for diabeties, he continues to stay in normal ranges(4-6) , no more diebeties.

lol, sorry about that, just didnt know how to answer 'how I intend to start my weight loss' without adding a bit of history of how I started.

We are very careful when we go shopping, mainly fresh foods and vegies, definately no junk foods or sodas, so not much in the house that can do us much damage when we feel like delving into a self pity emotional eating binge session. ( lol I have to learn different coping skills instead of wanting to put something in my mouth when feeling down or in self defetious mode)

I have been trying to keep to drinking as much water as I can during the day, I know it says somewhere at least 2 litres a day, hot days is easier than cooler weather.

I have dusted off my walking machine, fitted out the spare room with upbeat, happy tunes to exercise to.

Last doctors visit, yesterday, she prescribed me reductil. Will see how this goes. Yes I am aware of all the possible side effects, haven't experienced any as yet, other than increased thirst (dry mouth) but maybe too early still for other side effects to show. I will of course discontinue if I get any of the dangerous ones. I will keep you updated on that if anyone is interested.

I joined this forum starting 134kg to help me keep motivated , continue with my journey to becoming fit and healthy.
Sunkist

Postby Sunkist » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:07 pm

lol I forgot to add this weight ticker, I thought it would automaticly be added after all my posts, hmmm , will have to explore if that is possible in here.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wJ18Yx3/]
[/url]
Sunkist

Postby fi_112 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:14 pm

Well done on your progress so far, and good luck!!! Don't give up :) xx
To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are
fi_112

Postby miss_viva » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:26 pm

Hi Sunkist, and welcome!

It sounds as though you're on the right track now: eating healthily, exercising, and drinking lots of water. Keep it up, and you should see results soon! I agree with Julz, breaking down your weight into segments to lose makes it seem much less daunting. All the best :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby Sunkist » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:06 am

hello again Julie and miss viva

thanks for your encouragement, checking out your tickers, your both doing fantastic. I guess one keeps on doing what works for them, whats that saying, 'if it's not broken, don't fix it' lol. It was sure broken for me in the past in finishing all the way towards my goal weight is why I this change of mind set was needed for me. In the past I always had no trouble at getting to a certain goal, halfway , or 20kg loss etc, but never went further. Is why I am NOW visualizing the weight/body shape/fitness level I want to be. Not going to stop my journey till I get there, and will keep the positive changes I am making in my diet and exercise.

I have to be careful not to burn out my electric walking machine, I think I am way over the limit of the machine, lol, started with that burning smell every time I get over 15mins, made me stop after 30min, thought it was going to blow up on me, lol, think I will have to do 15mins at a time, wait for it to cool off and do another 15mins after wards. I then remembered I had a wii fit. lol, and wasnt just to weight me but to actualy do exercise with. I have been having the most fun with my wii last few days. Hubby and I have been each trying out all the exercises, laughing ourselves silly as we both try and outdo each other. I didn't even notice that I had reached the 30minutes mark this morning, other than feeling it in my legs and building up quite a sweat at the end.

happy exhausted after this mornings exercise session

cheers Carmen

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w7toHI0/]
[/url]
Sunkist

Postby miss_viva » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:19 am

Hi Sunkist,

It sounds like you guys are having a lot of fun with the wii fit :). Finding a form of exercise that you like doing is definately the key I think. If you like doing it, it doesn't seem like such a chore, and you're then more likely to keep going with it. All the best this week!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby Julz » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:28 pm

Hi Carmen,
How much fun is the wii fit! I started off with it being my only form of exercise and it really did help. I've been pretty slack lately and recently fired up the wii and did an hr of free stepping felt like nothing at the time, like I could have done another hour but man the days after I could hardly walk my calves, my butt and even my back were aching lol so it must definately work you out. I was skeptical about teh wii fit at first but for people who aren't so used to regular exercise its great that hula hooping really gets the heart pumping. Well I hope you continue to have fun with your exercise and have a good weight loss week :)
Julz

Return to Personal Progress