It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:20 pm

Free Newsletter

Belinda's Back: Second Time Lucky

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Belinda's Back: Second Time Lucky

Postby mindy32 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:03 pm

Well I came and read through the forums after having a long break from them and noticed how many people had begun returning so I decided to be a sheep and follow that trend! After joining about 18 months ago I am now back and unfortunately much heavier than before. I now have about 20kg to loose which is a rather depressing thought but I'm giving it my best shot.

Just a quick rundown on my life. My partner and I moved to country NSW exactly a month ago and I am in the process of finding a job. I joined a new gym here 2 weeks ago and have gone 4 times a week so far. Ever since New Year I have completely changed up the way I eat, eating much smaller portions, no takeaway and no actual chocolate. I couldn't live without some of the ýummy' foods I love so I stocked up our kitchen with weightwatchers biscuits, Jarrah hot choc sachets and weight watchers icecreams. This time around I am being far more careful and trying to eat healthily but realistically.

I find not loosing weight very frustrating but as someone with polycystic ovarian syndrome I loose weight very slowly unfortunately. So I have banned scales from our house and have chosen to weigh in only every 4 weeks or so. Some may say that's crazy but I am so motivated and on track that seeing the scales change could only dampen my spirits I believe. When I weighed myself on a visit to my parents on January 23rd I had lost 2.1kg which I am completely happy with. My aim is to loose just 2kg a month on average throughout the course of the year, so that by Christmas 2010 I should have lost the 20kg. I'd love to loose it quicker but I'm realistic and know that I loose weight very slowly, so slow and steady will hopefully win this race.

I felt now was the perfect time to come back to this forum, I found people very inspiring and motivating last time around and being all alone up here whilst DP works it will certainly help having somewhere to come and chat.

I hope everyone's started off 2010 in a fantastic fashion and I can't wait to get chatting to everyone again, new and old alike.

~Belinda x
*****Belinda*****
'Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind'
mindy32

Re: Belinda's Back: Second Time Lucky

Postby miss_viva » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:47 pm

Good luck with your weight loss journey, Belinda :)

It sounds as though you've got things planned out and that your head is in the right place, so I'm sure if you keep on track, you'll reach your goal by the end of the year!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby mindy32 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:32 pm

Thanks Miss Viva!

I didn't feel like going to the gym last night so decided to have a break for a day. I know if I force myself to go when I REALLY don't want to then I'll just start to hate it. Instead I had the one day off and now I'm ready to go again this afternoon!

Had a job interview today too which was exciting although I'm not sure I did that well. But on a positive note I had bought a new skirt a couple of weeks ago which already felt a little loose when I wore it today and I felt great in what I was wearing. It's the first time in a while that I've felt good about how I looked so that was definitely a positive thing!

I'm having a bit of an issue with food at the moment though, I have been sooo hungry!! I haven't been bad tho, just been eating weight watchers cookies or carrots when I'm hungry but I have been eating a little extra at dinner time to stop the snacking afterwards. Hopefully it won't adversly affect me when I weigh in a couple of weeks.

I'm finding it hard not to weigh at the moment, I'm so desperate to see if I'm loosing weight but at the same time I know I'll be so upset if I'm not! Argghh why does it have to be so frustrating!!

Anyway, I'm prattling on because I have little else to do this afternoon but it's time I ate lunch so off I go.

Hope everyone's having a wonderful week.

~Belinda x
*****Belinda*****
'Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind'
mindy32

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:53 pm

Welcome back, Belinda! I regained a few kilos when I dropped off the forum's radar too, so I know how you feel. I hope you get positive news about the interview. It's great to hear your skirt is already loose on you!

I'm going through a 'hungry' phase at the moment too. The best way I'm finding to deal with it is to make sure I have heaps of fresh fruit and veg in the house and other healthy alternatives for snacking. As soon as the weather cools down I'm going to make an enormous pot of soup and freeze portions for handy mini-meals.

Good luck with your weight loss! It's great to have you back on the forum. :D

cheers,
Ali
EvilWombatQueen

Postby meegs » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:49 pm

Yay Belle's back!!!

Hey Belle,
Great to see you and hear your news.
It's so positive to be on this forum and come back to friends isn't it?

I get the hungry feeling too - I am there a lot of the time, but the doctor on Biggest Loser said it was good to feel hungry.

Take good care.
xxx
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wZmhU33/]
[/url]
meegs

Postby mindy32 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:17 pm

Thanks chicks, it's good to be back!

If the Biggest Loser man says it's a good thing to be hungry then I'll run with that Meegs!

Good idea about the soup Ali, my mum used to make an awesome super healthy vegie soup, I may have to steal the recipe and make a batch when it gets cooler. It's also something good to freeze that I can eat when I'm eating dinner alone. At the moment I have the light tzatziki dip in my fridge and just have a small spoonful with carrots. I love raw carrots, could eat a bagful!

I'm eating dinner alone at least for the next three weeks while DP's working 6am-10pm (lucky him hey!) everyday so I've frozen some meals over the last couple of weeks, risottos, pastas, chicken stirfry, fish etc. Had a small amount of frozen risotto and cooked up half a chicken breast tonight, was yum. Going to make some vegie pasta tommorrow. I love putting lots of vegies in but DP's not so keen so while he's not here it's a good chance to do it!
*****Belinda*****
mindy32

Postby mindy32 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:55 am

Whoohoo I measured myself this morning and it looks like I've lost about 5cm from my hips and 6cm from my waist since I started at New Year. As usual I have not lost a single cm from my bust, even when I was in size 10-12 clothes my bra size was still pretty much the same as it was when I was a 16, go figure. I'm just so wide in that area and it's quite frustrating because dresses often don't zip up in that spot even when I was smaller zip up dresses still just didnt work for me! Blah oh well. I just want things to change quicker so I can fit into more of my clothes lol. My favourite shorts are still a few more cm from doing back up but hopefully in another couple of months I will get back into these things!

~Belle xx
*****Belinda*****
mindy32

Postby mindy32 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:27 am

I kinda wish I wasn't so stubborn about not weighing myself because I think I really need to know that I've lost weight now to spur me on. But at the same time I know if I havent lost anything I'm going to be incredibly dissapointed. But I'm going to hold out another week (like I originally promised myself) and weigh next weekend when I'm back at my parents. Fingers crossed it's a good result.

I've got a shocking cold at the moment, have had for a week now so the exercise has been a bit on the backburner, only been to the gym a couple of times. And now my car has broken down so I cán't get there! Grr oh well I'll try and go for a walk this afternoon if I can drag myself off the couch.

I'm off to lie down and mope again now, have a great day everyone xx
*****Belinda*****
mindy32

Postby mindy32 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:53 pm

Ugh I'm not having a very good week this week. I'm feeling very frustrated and unmotivated. I went to the gym today and yesterday but I just wasn't into it. And all I want to do is eat junk food. I had some hot chips with dinner over the weekend, and then on Monday I hate spanish donuts for dessert out at a restaurant. I also ate some dark chocolate last night. I just can't help it!! Well that's a lie, I could help it I just feel like I don't want to. I think a lot of this is stemming from the fact that I don't feel like I'm loosing weight at all. I'll weigh in on Saturday morning at my parents house and see how I'm going. Just have to hope I haven't put on weight or I'll be completely devestated. Blah enough whinging from me.

Hope you're all having a fabulous week
<3 Belle xx
*****Belinda*****
mindy32

Return to Personal Progress