It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:28 pm

Free Newsletter

Rachella's Journey

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Rachella's Journey

Postby waterbaby » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:49 pm

Hello everyone
I am new here and have begun my journey 4 weeks.

Start weight was 104
Total lost is 2.8
Current weight 101.2
Goal weight 65kg

Close to 40kg feels like a very very long road. I have started this many times and sadly have never been past 5kg before giving up. My first goal is to break 100kg (I am 1.2kg off) and then reach my first celebration of 10kgs. I am hoping that posting here regularly I will keep myself motivated and on track. I also feel family and friends dont support me as much as I like. I need people that jump up and congratulate me with each kilo lost. I am lucky my DH has not got tired of all my stops and starts.

1st Goal - Break 100 - 99kg
2nd Goal - 10 KILOS - 94kg
3rd Goal - 90kg
4th Goal - 85kg
5th Goal- 80kg
6th Goal - 75kg
7th Goal - 70kg
8th Goal - 65kg

I am not 100% sure what direction to take regarding HOW to keep losing for the whole 40 kilos. At the moment I am detoxing which is why I think the weight has started to shift more easily, but that finishes in 4 weeks and I need to decide what my new eating lifestyle will look like. I plan to keep the sugar and problem snacks out of my diet, keep out dairy ( a problem for me) and keep up the fresh food. I dont want to count calories but wonder if that is important to get to where i need to go. I thought that if I keep portion sizes smaller, keep up fresh food, lots of water I should be ok?? Any advice from others succeeding on a long journey?

Perhaps I see how I go and if I struggle start calorie counting or weight watchers?
I like the CSIRO/ unit counting technique of limiting number of "bread" units, protein units etc each day.
I just want to learn to live a long term healthy lifestyle.
I am not sure what I am doing! Help!

I promise to vist often
rach
xo
Rachel - mama of 2 boys (DS7 & 2)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wVRereJ/]
[/url]
SW 104kg
CW 97.5kg
Goal Weight: 65-68 kg
Working hard now! No room in my life now for half-hearted attempts!
waterbaby

Re: Rachella's Journey

Postby sarahm » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:21 am

hi rachella. i think you will find many folk on here will recommend you check out the calorieking website to answer all your weightloss queries. it is very sensible, user friendly and a wealth of sesible advice! either way-best luck. ps- my start weight was 105kg and 1 year on i'm at 77kg. my goal is also 65kg. it CAN be done, and this forum will be a huge help. :)
sarahm

Postby waterbaby » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:38 pm

thanks sarah for your reply. Well done on your achievements so far - your start and goal weight are the same as mine so I am very inspired!
Can you share what you have been doing so far and give me any tips?
I am still in a fearful place that it "will never happen", so I need to push past that!!
Thanks again - I will check out calorieking
Rach
xxo
[/url]
SW 104kg
CW 97.5kg
waterbaby

Postby starr22 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:39 pm

Good luck with your goals Rach :D You will get there, just take it one day at a time.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wqP0t7v/]
[/url]
starr22

Postby miss_viva » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:34 am

Hi Rachella and welcome!

Good luck with your weightloss journey :) Keep positive, take each day as it comes, and never give up! We all have bad days, just make sure you keep going no matter what, and you'll soon start to notice the difference.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby waterbaby » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:44 pm

It is Day Three of my cycle. I am now honouring my cycles and how they change me throughout the month. This is the week that I need to allow myself to be scattered and not critcise, have cravings and not give in completely but be kind and gentle. So I kept a promise to myself that I would lie on sofa with my doona and jarmies, watch a chick flick on my own and eat some chocolate. I ate a little but did not enjoy it as much as I thought I would.

I am turning 36 on Sunday and for the first time ever I feel gloomy about my birthday. I count the years that I have struggled with weight and this makes it my 25th year, What a waste! But more so, I am closer now to 40 and that freaks me out a little.
Also tomorrow I go for a breast scan as we have found a small lump. It is unlikely to be deathly, but I am still feeling sombre and uncertain about "stuff"

This is normally a mellow,darker and sombre time for me, so I will embrace this and be OK that I am a little tender.
On a postive note, my flow has been much less painful this time round which I believe is because I am excersisng more and taking much better care of myself.
I would like to think I will reach my first goal this weekend (to break 100) but with the bloatedness at this time, starting a new job, excersising less and eating a little less controlled, surely I need to give myself and extra week to be kind....

Off to bed
xoxoox
[/url]
SW 104kg
CW 97.5kg
waterbaby

Postby Czarina » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:16 am

I hope you are alright.

Counting calories is a great way to learn about food and how much energy is in what you are eating. I have had great success with counting, Calorie King has changed my life! I find counting calories is fantastic, you'll get used to it after about two weeks, then it just becomes normal. :D It also means you don't have to worry if you are eating too much, or too little (yes, there is such a thing!), and the weight will come off.
Czarina

Postby waterbaby » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:34 pm

Hello all
I thought I would touch base with where I am at these days.
I have been tracking weight loss weekly and recorded all losses apart from one very depressing gain (of only 800g but still I cried! :( )

What I have been doing:
I have committed to 3 visits to the pool each week. 2 x water aerobics plus one swim sessions of about 25 mins.
I just joined the gym and start official grown up weights (ugh) on Monday. I hope to do them before or after my swim session and add a session on the weekends. I am not thrilled, but I think it will help the extra weight to shift.

Eating & tracking:
thanks to advice I am regulary tracking on calorieking and loving it now. I just had a girls weekend and I planned my whole weekend around the treats I wanted and then chose low fat lunches and dinners. I managed chocolate bsicuits and alcohol AND THEN RECORDED MY BIGGEST LOSS SO FAR of 1.1 kg!!
So planning REALLY works.
Now I am busily adding recipes into custom meals. My family was happy to have spag bol tonight and I was cruisy to know it fitted in with my plan AND I still had room left for chockie treat tonight!!

Emotional Wellbeing:
My emotional eating issues are VERY low which is a relief and I think this stems from planning treats, exercise and generally my feeling that I achieving something!! Also since removing dairy from my diet, my emotional eating triggers have reduced greatly - not sure why?!?
Motivation is high! I have the support of my DH who totally believes that this is a new me with a whole ne attitude and no more excuses. My best friend is mostly happy to hear my results so thats good. Everyone else is jelous (they should be as "good" as me blah blah) or perhaps don't believe in me (I have started and stopped so so so many times in the past, so far enough...?)

I have also begun switching off TV, laptop etc at 9.30 and heading to bed via shower, wind down. Regular sleep time is helping.
So saying that, my time to go is now.
Until next time!
xoxoxooxox
[/url]
SW 104kg
CW 97.5kg
waterbaby

Re: Rachella's Journey - tough time

Postby waterbaby » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:55 pm

Hiya
As of Thursday, everything was going well and I was looking forward to weighing in on Sunday (tomorrow).
I was incredibly exhausted and did not go to the pool as planned.
I know that I am at Day 28 of my cycle so the extra tiredness and irritability is explanable but THIS MUCH? I have an EXTREME censored grump since pretty much last night and today have eaten WELL over my calorie limit, PLUS no exercise since Wednesday. The eating is an old old fall back when I feel crabby but the mood is extreme for me... I have been so out of sorts I have stayed home while DH is out at an engagement party I am supposed to be at... sooky lah lah
I am due to weigh in tomorrow but I am very fearful of another gain.
Just got under 100, then went over, then under and what next...??
Have history of depression and feeling things getting cloudy again....
just hoping i dont crash and burn...again...
need strength and advice!
[/url]
SW 104kg
CW 97.5kg
waterbaby

Postby Downsizeme » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:26 am

Hi rachella, i really hope you stick with it, you are doing so well. Don't let a little lapse get you down, just pick yourself up and keep going. xxx
Changing my life, one ounce at a time.

I started this journey on Feb 2 2010 and though I would like to be a size 5 by June, I am prepared to accept that it might take a bit longer :D

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wHHCsTy/]
[/url]
Downsizeme

Postby waterbaby » Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:20 pm

AHHHH Still feeling CRAP and grumpy as all hell,,,,, BUT I DID record a loss! Thank F*#K is all I can say.....
Hopefull once my dark week of cycle is over I will feel better!!
Thanks for replying, easy to feel lonely and impatient on this journey.....
xoxo
[/url]
SW 104kg
CW 97.5kg
waterbaby

Postby miss_viva » Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:35 pm

Sorry to hear that you're still feeling a bit grumpy, but well done on your loss!

You're right, it's sooo easy to get impatient and want results fast. I once heard someone say that we "didn't put on the weight overnight, so we can't expect to lose it overnight". That quote is so true, and we have to realise that we need to change what is often a lifetime of bad eating habits. That's easier said than done, and it takes a lot of will power and perseverance! Just keep chipping away at it bit by bit, and it all adds up eventually :) Every little loss we have is a step in the right direction, so don't give up!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby waterbaby » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:35 pm

Thanks so much miss viva
your journey is an inspiration to me.... I cant imagine being at that stage, but want to so badly.
Patience is a problem at the moment is a problem thats for sure and my activity is a drag at times....
Think I will be here more and more for inspiration and advice
rach
xo
[/url]
SW 104kg
CW 97.5kg
waterbaby

Postby waterbaby » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:37 pm

Something is happening... I feel I am getting a little cocky...
I have stopped tracking on Calorieking and it feels like I am slowly edging back to silly eating. I have no real reason forit. I am not stressed, not ovulating or close to cycle start. However I find myself eating bits of chocky "just cos", extra handfuls of nuts, less water, fruit, salad and veg. And its just all of sudden.
I think I am just feeling so certain of myself that I am playing about too much. Thinking I have am so in the groove that I can afford to muck about with extra treats!
Reality check: I have been here before. Before I know it I am back to old habits and wonder why my weight loss slows or stops.
So pleased to have realised this one!
Re-focus time!!
[/url]
SW 104kg
CW 97.5kg
waterbaby

Postby Czarina » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:17 pm

Just stick to CK and you will get there. :D
Czarina

Next

Return to Personal Progress