It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:02 am

Free Newsletter

My emotional return

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: My emotional return

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:19 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss, Julz. As someone who has never encountered any similar loss I can't offer advice, only my deepest sympathy.

You did a good amount of exercise today. Well done! I love walking and I am so jealous you have access to a trampoline. What a fun way to get exercise! How are you planning on ramping up your exercise in the coming weeks? More time? More intensity? Or are you planning on trying different types of exercise?
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Julz » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:39 am

Thanks EWQ

Progress- Seem to be taking 1 step forward 2 steps backward. Had a really down day emotionally yesterday and my exercise + diet suffered for it. I pretty much didn't eat all day because I was pretty busy with work then come dinner time I had 4 huge pieces of bruschetta I don't even know why I was eating so much I had one piece, enjoyed it, had another and was really full and being very crusty the skin on the roof of my mouth felt like it had gravel rash and you would think I would stop but for some reason I kept going and ate another 2 until I felt sick. Then I found a heap of chocolates hubby bought home(freebies from work) and I ate 10 lindt choccies, didn't do any exercise at all :evil: I'm really struggling with eating at the moment I don't think I'm in the right headspace to make good decsions with my eating, I don't eat enough and when I do eat its usually crap. I'm considering doing some strict shake/ meal replacement diet for a couple of weeks so that the choices are taken away from me. I've never done one of these before I've always shunned away from them believeing healthy diet + exercise is best option and I know this is true but I think at the moment I don't have the emotional or mental energy to do this.

Today has started off better, I walked the kids to school and actually feeling sore from the 20 minute walk home uphill pushing my sons bike. So about 30 mins walking in total there which is amazing for me because I am really not a morning person. Exercise plans-I'm going to get back on the trampoline today for as long as I can, got lots of housework to do vacuuming/mopping washing that should burn a few kjs and I plan on going running with my hubby tonight and do that 4 nights a week, would like to every day but well hubby works night shift 3 days a week and I don't like running in public (too many wobbly bits :lol:) so I like to do it under the cover of darkness but don't feel comfortable running around alone at night and couldn't leave the kids home alone either. Also going to start using hubbys free weights while he's off. When hes at work I'm planning on getting out some of teh good old taebo dvds and gving them a go - these are best left for when hes not around because he can't halp but come in and have a watch and laugh. Also planning on walking to and from kids school every day so thats 1hr walking 5 days a week.
Julz

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:06 am

Wow! That's a huge amount of exercise. Good on you! I'm sure you'll work off those chocolates in no time at all. :D

If you don't like the idea of meal replacements, but want a strict organisation of your meals, could you try another option like Lite n' Easy? I'm not sure if they let you sign up for only a few weeks or if you have to enter into more long term contracts. Or could you use another type of pre-prepared meal like WeightWatchers or Lean Cuisine frozen meals? They're not the healthiest option on the planet and cooking your own food is better, of course. But they might be a better option for you than shakes. I think Tony Ferguson has meals as well as shakes to choose from as well.

Good luck!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Dolly » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:30 pm

Hi Julz,
Ali is correct, Tony Ferguson do have some heat and eat shelf life meat meals that you can add to your evening vegetable meal. There is Italian Chicken, Beef Cassarole, Beef Curry and Chicken Curry.
~ Tony Ferguson ~

When I embarked on Lite n' Easy, my husband said he'd go on it with me, so we ordered 28 dinners every 3 weeks, there are many different meal packages to choose from with different prices. I believe you can order a fortnights worth if you just wanted to try it out.
I didn't want food on the weekend as there were always family events to attend. And I took care of my own breakfast, lunches and snacks (I did walk every day)
Lite n' Easy would work for the normal person, unfortnately I failed to lose anything with it because I have a thyroid gland problem.
~ Lite n' Easy ~
I must admit it was great not having a big pile of dishes at the end of each day and most of their meals were really delish.
I kept a list of what I found to be some of their better ones. I also loved ordering the dinners online
Dolly

Postby Julz » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:26 am

Thanks for the info dolly :)

I've found losing weight difficult this week. I think I know the problem, the first couple of weeks after having my baby I wasn't really eating and I lost a lot of weight and then I think my body went into starvation mode. The last week or so I have started eating a bit more normal and have struggled to lose any, despite still consuming way less calories than I should. My eating has gotten a lot better as in I have actually been eating but still not what it should be. I'm planning on getting the whole family on track again on the healthy stuff as soon as I do shopping again, but cooking has been such a chore lately, its hard to get motivated to prepare meals when you don't feel like eating and just feel so down. I think if this plan fails I will get on the shakes for a week or 2 and let the family fend for themselves a little more at dinner time.

Exercise has been crap this week, had a bit of a busy week with kids activities and other errands and my son was sick over the weekend so haven't really done any exercise. Haven't been walking the kids to school because I haven't been sleeping well and I'm just too tired and unorganised in the morning and I generally can't be stuffed by the afternoon. Thinking if I can't get a decent nights sleep in the next couple of weeks I'll ask my doctor for some medication to help at my next appt. I think in the meantime I am going to try to have a nap in the day to catch up on a bit of sleep but having a 4yr old at home thats going to be difficult except on his preschool days.

In good news I did manage to crack the 97's this morning and I can really see a huge difference in my body shape, I have fit into a pair of size 16 jeans and pants and I have bones i didn't know I had I now have ribs and hip bones! Even my hands and wrists are skinnier, I am too worried to wear my rings now because they are so loose they rattle, I can fit my wedding+ enaggement rings on my middle fingers now lol and my watch dangles it needs a few links taken out of it. I am putting off resizing any jewellery until I'm at goal weight.
Julz

Postby Sassyt » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:42 pm

I think you are doing very well Julz :) Wow good for you for fitting in that size 16 pants, I love the feeling of fitting a smaller size clothing... Keep up the good work. Its good that you seeing the difference in your body image thats a motivation to keep going on its own...

Good luck on the rest of your journey :)
Happy weight - 78kg
Ultimate goal weight- 70kg
Sassyt

Postby curvygirl » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:50 pm

Julz look after yourself please. I suffered a miscarriage but I cant imagine what this has been like for you but I do know that you need some you time. If your focus is on you and your weightloss good for you. Giving yourself the best chance for a healthy baby is a great plan but dont forget about your emotional healing as well.
Good luck this week and for your April goal. I will be watching with interest. :D
Need to get motivated.

Mini Goal - 10 Kilos lost 14th May Acheived 2nd May, Yahoo
1st goal - 100kg 5th July
2nd goal - 90kg 4th October
3rd goal - 85kg 15th November
4th goal - 80kg 20th December
5th goal - 70kg 3rd June 2011
curvygirl

Postby Julz » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:12 am

Well I've had an absolutely shocking week. I have put on 5kg :shock: I started eating normal meals and put on a couple of kg then I stopped caring and just ate and ate and ate some more and a lot of that eating included easter eggs. I think after weeks of my body being starved something had to give, I weighed in at 103.7 last night and just couldn't believe I was back over 100. I'm not going to beat myself up about the massive gain. I know why it happened, now I just have to work on getting the weight back off and getting into a healthy eating pattern and exercising so that it doesn't happen again. I'm going to weigh myself again this morning and hope that I lost a lot overnight, I slept outside in the tent with the kids last night and was holding on to go to the loo all night and I peed like a trooper this morning (tmi I know :lol: ) so hopefully I lost a kg or so there lol.
Julz

Postby Julz » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:16 am

okay so just weighed in at 102.7. Hoping to get back in the 97's this week, its quiet a bit to lose but + know it will come off quickly because it went on really quick and well what goes in must come out lol. I'm going to get stuck into the exercise today, I hope the weather holds out and it doesn't rain I'm planning on taking the kids for a nice long walk to my parents.
Julz

Postby Julz » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:14 am

Went for that long walk yesterday although must say I'm just a little disappointed because it wasn't as long as I thought it was only 1.7km there so 3.4km round trip. I must have been a lot fatter and unfitter last time we walked there because I swear it felt like about 5km last time and I was buggered when I did it, this time it didn't do much for me lol. I weighed in this morning and had a 700gm loss, very pleased with that, if it keeps coming off at that rate I will be back to what I was after the week, seems only fair if it took only a week to put on and can come off in only a week... wishful thinking maybe :(

6/4 102.7
7/4 102

Not sure what I will get up to today exercise wise, haven't put much thought into it because its raining and miserable and I am starting to come down with a cold, also my mind hasn't been there. Its the 1 month anniversary of my little one being born and passing on so thats been playing on my mind a lot.
Julz

Postby fi_112 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:04 pm

Hey Julz,
I'm so sorry to hear about what you've been going through. I wouldn't worry about last week's gain, as you said it will be gone within a week. My heart really goes out to you, it sounds like you are an amazing woman and very strong (even though I'm sure you don't feel it at the moment). Just concentrate on taking care of yourself at this horrible time.
Thinking of you xox
To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are
fi_112

Postby Sassyt » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:05 pm

Hey Julz
So far you are doing well and I think the more you keep exercising and eating well you will be so proud of the results; and your weight will get back to where you want it to be. I would also worry much about the gain I am also a beliver that if it came on too quick it will definately come off the very same way... I am happy that you are kind to yourself as well which is good. Dont beat yourself up for anything I think the best thing to do in times like this is to be take control again.

Take care of yourself :)
Happy weight - 78kg
Ultimate goal weight- 70kg
Sassyt

Postby Julz » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:06 am

aww thanks guys :D

I've been awol for a while, been a bit too emotional to post lately. Was struggling with getting those few kg I gained over easter off and keeping them off. Had a bit of a breakthrough this mornings weigh in getting to 96.9. I had been struggling to get under 97 for weeks, finally cracked it yay 8) I have reassessed my immediate goals, after having a chat to my gp I realise that my goals were unattainable. He has set me a goal of 2kg loss a month. I was like wtf??? I can lose at least a kg a week lol But this time around I am finding it much harder when I was much bigger eg. 130kg I was able to drop big numbers every week like 5kg. I have finally realised I'm not that big anymore and I can't expect big losses and this is unfortunately going to be a long slow journey. I guess thats been the problem I have still been thinking of myself as that 138kg girl but I'm not anymore and never will be again. I just looked at my ticker and realised that I am over half way there woo hoo! SO new goals.. still want to get to 60kg not going to put a time on it, hoping to be pregnant again soon so it may even take a couple of years to achieve mini goal- I want to get to 88kg <bmi under 30 and no longer obese, not putting a deadline on it this time. From now on I'll try to be happy with 500gm loss a week- but I will be cheering if its more :wink:

I really need to start exercising regularly. I've had a hard time with motivation because I have been so tired and swamped with work. Just about caught up with work now have to catch up on a bit of sleep, but first catching up on housework :evil: hoping to be on track after this long weekend. I am intending on ditching the walking and doing more jogging and also a bunch of stuff that I can't do whilst pregnant like situps, weights and jumping on the trampoline :lol:
Julz

Postby curvygirl » Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:27 pm

Julz you are over half way there so good on you. I have set more realistic goals for myself this time round.I think it helps if you have a small loss for the week and then you know that you can still acheive the goal. I started my journey in 2008 and lost 20 kilos before Christmas 2008. I then only had 25 kilos to lose to get to goal. If I had set more realistic goals and lost 1/2 a kilo a week from then on I would have been at goal by Christmas 2009.
Now I am back to having to lose 7 kilos to get to my origianl weight loss and then I still have to loose the extra to get to goal.
What I am trying to say in all of my rambling is a loss is a loss no matter what the numbers. I have tried to make my goal to losse 600 or 700 grams a week and if I lose more its a bonus and I will get to goal sooner but no pressure.
Good LUck :D
Need to get motivated.

Mini Goal - 10 Kilos lost 14th May Acheived 2nd May, Yahoo
1st goal - 100kg 5th July
2nd goal - 90kg 4th October
3rd goal - 85kg 15th November
4th goal - 80kg 20th December
5th goal - 70kg 3rd June 2011
curvygirl

Previous

Return to Personal Progress