It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:20 am

Free Newsletter

CSIRO to shift baby fat!!

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

CSIRO to shift baby fat!!

Postby lovingeachday » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:23 pm

Hi! I am new to this forum but loving the vibe already! :D
After being fairly slim in my 20s, my 30's have seen 3 pregnancies and a 22kg weight gain...well that's what I've left with at the end of my baby-making adventures. First pregnancy I lost all my weight; my second preganacy saw me on bed rest for 4 months with pregnancy-induced hypertension and I stacked on the weight, about 25kg. Only lost a few kg of that before I found out I was (surprisingly!) pregnant again, and although I only put on minimal weight the 3rd time due to very healthy choices and lots of exercise, I still have this huge about of weight to shift. It may not seem like a lot to many, but for me at only 155cm, it's A LOT on my small frame. I really want to overcome these food issues and the emotional factors that are blocking me from losing weight. I have a bachelor in Human Movement (ironic isn't it?!) so I know all the things I have to do, and I am following CSIRO (for 5 days now), and enjoying the simplicity and variety...anyone else on CSIRO and having good results? Also doing Jillian Michaels DVD's every day, man she is tough!
Anyway hopefully I'll have time to be on here a bit.
All the best to everyone who achieving their goals!
Robyn x
lovingeachday

Re: CSIRO to shift baby fat!!

Postby HappyGirl83 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:24 pm

Sounds like you have an awesome plan!!

I loveeeee Jillian! I loved her podcast, she is someone I totally wish I could be, haha!!

Good luck with it all xx
My journey so far...

Sick and tired of wasting my 20's being fat!!
HappyGirl83

Postby lovingeachday » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:12 pm

Yeah I love Jillian too, she's hardcore hey? So buff and so blunt, straight to the point, no messing around with her. Wish she was here in my house to motivate me, but her DVD is doing a great job at the moment, man I am SORE all over though! LOL
lovingeachday

Postby miss_viva » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:51 am

Welcome to the forum, Lovingeachday :)

All the best with your weightloss, we look forward to reading about your progress!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby lovingeachday » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:04 pm

I tell you what, Jillian has me working up a sweat every day! Today I had the baby, my 18 month old and my 4 year old all watching me look like a complete doofus as I star-jumped and did butt-kicks and pushups and the like, I got a few giggles from my kids. This was previously one of my excuses why I couldn't work out; I couldn't work out with the kids around. Well I CAN! And I have been!! Mind you I can't do it for very long before the kids become impatient, but I can certainly manage the 20-30 minute workouts on the 30 day shred. Really enjoying exercising again, it makes me feel so good about everything, even if I am only getting 2-3 hours of broken sleep with the two girls...but still it helps me cope.
The CSIRO is just a dream, and so easy. It's been 8 days now. Tomorrow is my official first weigh-in day. I know I've lost weight, I can feel it everywhere. I just feel so much healthier already. I am finding the 3 serves of protein a day no problem to accomplish. It's sticking to the 3 serves of breads and cereals that's soooo hard! Yet I know that this is what is making the difference. Some people just can't eat that many carbs because it makes them fat - I am one of those people, and lo and behold, when I cut back on carbs I lose weight, AMAZING! Yes unfortunately it is that simple, scientifically. Doing it is HARD though, especially as I do love my bread, my rice, my pasta, but it's a sacrifice I am making to be healthier for myself, for my kids...I have to do it, oh that's right, I AM doing it! LOL. Will update with weigh-in tomorrow...

My motivational mantra for today: "The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph!"
lovingeachday

Postby lovingeachday » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:25 am

First Weigh in day:

SW 85.5kg
CW 83.5 kg wooooo hoo!
First goal: to the 70's
Second goal: to the 60's
Final goal 62-64kg

Great way to start the day, 9 days on CSIRO and Jillian, and 2kg's lost. Very happy. If only I could walk after yesterday's level 2 workout on the 30 day shred, ouch!!
lovingeachday

Postby Downsizeme » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:28 am

lol, no pain no gain they say..

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is an awesome result. :)
Changing my life, one ounce at a time.

I started this journey on Feb 2 2010 and though I would like to be a size 5 by June, I am prepared to accept that it might take a bit longer :D

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wHHCsTy/]
[/url]
Downsizeme

Postby lovingeachday » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:50 pm

Well I've passed my second weigh in!

Weighed in at 83.1, I was not surprised the weight loss was slower than the week before, as I'm exercising at a regular, phenomenal rate now (compared to my pre-CSIRO ways LOL).

I think the biggest parts for me, being well into my third week now, are:
* I can resist temptations (ie. driving past Brumbys, not buying fresh baked french sticks when I do the shopping, resisting caramel slice at morning teas, those sorts of things!!).
* I am exercising *nearly* every day, this has been a huge change
* I am eating two cups of veges a day and having three serves of protein, and only three serves of bread carbs. This again is a huge thing as I was previously known as 'bread girl' (just joking).
* I am tracking what I am eating, have stopped lying to myself about how much I've eaten and only eating healthy, wholesome foods.

So many things that have changed, I really have come a long way mentally, even if it's not showing substantially on the scales or in my clothes yet. I have laid the groundwork for change. I am reading a great book by Bob Green at the moment called 'Get with the Program', its' very motivational. Still doing Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred video most days, man never get used to the toughness of her routines. Feel so good after it though! I think I am so motivated because I KNOW I can do this now, I think belief in yourself is 90% of it. Even more important than willpower or desire, belief is the foundation of it all. It's an interesting journey. Unfortunately one I've been down before, I 'ate' my way through the UK 12 years ago and stacked on 10 kilos, I lost it all then and I'll lose it all now damn it!

Til next week (or before)
lovingeachday

Postby lovingeachday » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:29 pm

Well I gave myself the day off from weighing this week...it was easter, and even though I didn't indulge that much, I still think I may have gained. So hopefully tomorrow my new digital scales will turn up, with body fat analyser - can't wait!! Hopefully it will increase my motivation. I sort of fell off the wagon during the week, mainly due to complete exhaustion with my 4 month old. She has only been sleeping in 40 minute blocks, day and night. My 18 month old has been very difficult also, and my 4 year old is on holiday! I haven't had a second to myself, let alone time to cook proper meals or exercise. But this will all change tomorrow as DH is home from the mine and i'll have a week to get organised, catch up on sleep, and generally get back on top of things. This is very important to me, he knows it is, I want to feel like myself again and he's totally behind me...great to have that support.
Until next time...!
lovingeachday

Postby ali76 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:04 pm

Hi LED!!!

Sorry I've not been in here to say hello - how rude of me!!

Congratulations on your 3 beautiful babies and on the weight loss so far - you're doing really well!

OMG....I love Jillian....like I love her!! She'd be the only woman on the planet to convert me - IYKWIM!! :lol:

Keep going hun!!

xoxo
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby Potbellied German » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:06 pm

lovingeachday wrote:[...] and he's totally behind me...great to have that support.
Until next time...!

This is the best asset you can have in a relationship,..... hold on to him ;)
.....sorry a bit off topic....... :wink:
Potbellied German

Return to Personal Progress