It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:09 am

Free Newsletter

Oh She Glows - The Journey To Finding My Glow!

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Oh She Glows - The Journey To Finding My Glow!

Postby OhSheGlows » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:23 pm

My journey to finding my glow…how will I do this? What actions do I have in place to achieve this? How will I record my progress?

I will do this by getting the balance right – healthy food with daily exercise. I love food so as long as there is a healthy balance I can’t go wrong.

I have joined a gym and I’ve scheduled a 5:30AM reoccurring appointment on my blackberry for Monday – Friday to attend a morning gym session before work.

The actions I have in place – coming onto this site to get support and be inspired by others, to log my calorie intake into calorieking eat healthy nutritious food, stop drinking so much wine, go cold turkey on my snickers addiction, journaling to keep myself sane and lean on hubby for support. I want to start running with my hubby again (story in the introduction page under “Hey!...How are you?). I want to be fit and healthy for when we start TTC.

I am going to track my progress – via scale, measurements, how my clothes fit and how I feel. I’m not concerned or focused on reaching a certain size; I just want to reach a “size healthy” for me.

The journey has begun, each day brings new challengers but as long as I can look back on the day and be satisfied with what I have done, then I know I’ve done the best I can to bring the glow back. Because what I do today will help create the me of tomorrow (corny I know BUT it’s so true!!)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wYJj0Pz/]
OhSheGlows

Re: Oh She Glows - The Journey To Finding My Glow!

Postby fi_112 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:30 pm

GOOD LUCK!!
I love your healthy attitude. You will kick ass xx
To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are
fi_112

Postby Runner » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:20 pm

Best lof luck with it all, especially the running bit, I've only just started running and love it!
Runner

Postby angelical85 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:07 pm

H there Oh She Glows!!

Well this marks my first official post on this forum, so happy days!! :) I noticed that you are of very similar weight to me (I'm around 69 - wishing to be around 60 or so) so it spiked my attention - will be keeping up to date with your journey!

Good luck with everything, and like everyone else on this forum - You and I can do it!!! :)
SW: 68 (approx!!) - 16.3.10
GW: 58-60kg - hopefully before I set off to London - September 2010!!!
angelical85

Postby HappyGirl83 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:10 pm

You'll do great!! You have a fab attitude!! xx
My journey so far...

Sick and tired of wasting my 20's being fat!!
HappyGirl83

Postby OhSheGlows » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:20 am

Thanks Ladies for your wonderful, supportive comments. I do feel the love :)

Nothing much to report. My weigh in is this tuesday so I'll have something then. In the mean time I have been exercising and eating reasonably well with the exception of Chinese food last night. Exercise is going well. Went for a 2 hour hike with hubby sunday morning and that nearly killed my foot. Body attack this morning nearly killed me too, but love every minute of it
OhSheGlows

Postby miss_viva » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:25 am

Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow, I'm sure you'll see some good results!

Well done on eating well and getting some exercise in :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby OhSheGlows » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:10 pm

I've decided to set myself a 12 week no dieting challenge.

12 Weeks to a healthier body without dieting!
Yes without dieting – how am I going to do this you ask? There is an abundance of information on the net and my own personal knowledge to help me get my healthy body without dieting. Here’s the gist:

*Every week – Monday I will use tasks and goals to strive for and to achieve my best body ever, in conjunction with a weekly workout plan to go along with my weekly tasks.

My goal is to focus on eating good nutritious food, focusing on portion control and ensuring I get exercise in.
Am I going to measure my results? The answer to this is YES:
1. Take a before photo
2. Take a photo week 4
3. Take a photo week 8
4. Take a photo week 12
5. Measure myself before, weeks 4, 8 & 12 and jump on the scale on these weeks.
Week 1 – 12 Week no dieting transformation Challenge
This week I am going to focus on mindful eating – eat when I am hungry and stop when I am satisfied.
Reaching and maintaining a healthy weight is all about why and how much you eat. When CONSISTENTLY eating for reasons other than hunger you will gain weight. Listen to your body – it will tell you when it needs food and let you know when it’s had enough food. Never let your body get overly hungry as this can set you up to over eat.
Goal for this week (29/03/10 – 4/04/10):
1. Keep a food dairy & write everything i eat (no numbers!)
2. Eat when I am hungry and stop when satisfied.
3. Drink 1.5-2L of water/ day
4. Start 12 week exercise plan

Exercise Plan:
WEEKS 1- 4 sets of 15 reps
(Tuesday) Full BodyAlternating front lunges
Lat pulldown
Stability ball squats
Stability ball chest press
Stiff legged hamstring curl
Seated row
Side lateral raises
(Thursday) Upper Body
Lat pulldown
DB chest press
Seated row
Side lateral raise
Pushups
(Sunday) Lower Body
Alternating front lunges
Stability ball squats
Deadlift or hamstring curl
Leg extension
HIIT Workout– 1x 20 min

Monday, Wednesday and Friday do a class.
OhSheGlows

Postby Downsizeme » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:48 pm

whoa! You're scaring me!! just kidding, best of luck, sounds like you have a plan!!! :)
Changing my life, one ounce at a time.

I started this journey on Feb 2 2010 and though I would like to be a size 5 by June, I am prepared to accept that it might take a bit longer :D

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wHHCsTy/]
[/url]
Downsizeme

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:26 pm

Sounds like a terrific plan, OSG. Good luck! I'm looking forward to hearing how you go. :D
EvilWombatQueen

Postby OhSheGlows » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:56 pm

No more diets - just sensible eating

Official weigh in for 12 week no diet challenge - 68.9kgs. Last week was 70kgs so I've lost 1.1kgs I'm happy with that. Now I just need to take my measurements and photo but will need hubby’s assistance so will do so tonight.

I told hubby how much weight I've gained since getting my foot injury (7kgs) and he made a joke "you will be eliminated now" referring to his secret (love) shame of the biggest loser. I felt relieved telling him though he still doesn't know the exact number. Why is it that we (and I'm presuming a collective societal "we" here) are so ashamed of a number?

I have never once told hubby or friends how much I weigh because of the embarrassment or judgement that I presume will be placed on me. It's down right silly to presume people will be judge based on a number, but the sad truth is that society does and I so wish it didn't. Why can't we instead aim to be a size healthy rather than a size society expects women to be. We are not all moulded from the same mould therefore our only indicator should be wether we are in fact healthy not some unrealistic number or size based on what designers deem to be a desirable women's size. I say: "Say no to size vanity and say yes to healthy size - whatever that is for each individual".

OhSheGlows

Postby OhSheGlows » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:43 pm

I had a group PT session Tuesday night. The PT called me a machine. I enjoyed the compliment and I thoroughly enjoyed the session. I also did a boxing class at the gym, never thought I would enjoy myself!

My daily eats have been great- lots of vegetables, fruits, good carbs, protein and good fats. Last night I was craving a magnum ego so I had one for dessert. After all if my eats are good 95% of the time I figure the other 5% can be indulgent, plus I think TTOM is arriving shortly as that's when my magnum ego cravings kick in.

An example of today’s eats:
(B) – 45g fibre plus, large banana, 200g no fat greek yoghurt, 1tbsp almond spread
(s) – cup skim coffee, 1 large orange
(L) – a salad beast. In this I had mixed lettuce, beetroot, 4 bean mix, olives, goats cheese, tomato, capsicum, cucumber, sunflower seeds, pine nuts, tuna, balsamic vinegar
(s) – 1 large apple, cup black tea
(d) – salmon steak with on a bed of lentils with mango salsa and a side serve of salad.
OhSheGlows

Postby HappyGirl83 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:56 pm

Hi OSG, that looks like a great eating plan, I agree def with the odd treat, got to have something to keep ya going! I often go out for dinner with my friends after all what is the good of losing weight, with goal to a better life, if you aren't enjoying or living life!!
My journey so far...

Sick and tired of wasting my 20's being fat!!
HappyGirl83

Postby miss_viva » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:01 pm

I agree, sometimes we just need to give in to our cravings! It's important to make sure that we don't over do it though - i.e. just stop at ONE magnum, lol.

Your eating plan did look really good too, it made me hungry just reading it. The salmon steak sounds delicious :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Return to Personal Progress