It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:11 pm

Free Newsletter

The road is long and winding

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: The road is long and winding

Postby Downsizeme » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:09 pm

oh my, was quite sad to read all of my pages, and see that I lost 20kg in a few months, and have now put it all back on!

My last page I blamed JC for giving me reflux/heartburn but it ended up to be gallstones, and I kept having more and more attacks..ending up in hospital with jaundice, until eventually I had it removed back in April of this year.

So why am I back? Someone took a photo of me yesterday and when I looked at it, I actually looked like a basketball with legs. :oops: I don't have any scales here, so I don't know what I weigh now, but I would pretty much guarantee I have put back on the whole 20kg, and maybe even more. I have ordered a set of scales and the moment of truth will be upon me when they come :D

So, my problem is, I now live and work at the most remote roadhouse in Australia, so have no access to JC so I need to go it alone (tbh, don't think I would do JC again anyway, was so sick of the food lol). The good thing (and the bad) is that we have fiood included in our salary package so in theory eating all the right foods won't cost me anything. The bad part is I run a roadhouse, with a fast food takeaway, and we do ALOT of baked goods. Mini bakery really, which is why I am where I am right now. Can't resist a bit of cake.

So, for now, just to get me started, I am trying to work on the JC theory, tiny bit of protein bulked up with lotf of veggies / salad, couple little 100cal snacks and some walking every day. TYoday was ground zero, day one...wish me luck. Haven't had a look around yet, so not sure who is still here but good luck to everyone who is on a mission to loose weight, it's so freaking hard! I can't believe I let myself put all that weight back on... :oops:
Changing my life, one ounce at a time.

I started this journey on Feb 2 2010 and though I would like to be a size 5 by June, I am prepared to accept that it might take a bit longer :D

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wHHCsTy/]
[/url]
Downsizeme

Postby Sassyt » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:45 am

Hey DSM
I am still here :D
Welcome back and well done on hitting the brakes on the gaining part of it and starting to want a healthy beautiful body again!
Wishing you all the luck in the world!
You have done this in the past you know you can do it again 8)
Happy weight - 78kg
Ultimate goal weight- 70kg
Sassyt

Postby Downsizeme » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:45 pm

Hey Sassy! Long time..you are doing awesome!!!

Just did a big walk after work, I don't think I have walked that far since 2010..LOL, so my calves are feeling it, but feels good anyway, to finally be tackling it again.

Desperately trying to lose a kilo or so before those scales turn up :lol: :lol: Good thing I live in the desert, and the post takes quite a while to get here, just might have a fighting chance!

I am not looking forward to updating my ticker :oops:

Have a great night!!
Cheers
DSM

I started this journey on Feb 2 2010 and though I would like to be a size 5 by June, I am prepared to accept that it might take a bit longer :D

[/url]
Downsizeme

Postby Losing2day » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:48 pm

Welcome back DSM.

I have only been on here a few weeks and have had a very bad eating afternoon so not really in a positive frame of mind tonight.

I loved reading your journey with JC and know you can do it all again. As you say, go for some protein, lots of vegies and calorie controlled snacks. So easy for me to say, not quite so easy to follow. I have been taking Lean Cuisine meals to work for meals and really like them. I know you were trying them for a while.

Keep up the exercise and by the time you get the scales you will have dropped a couple of kilos.

Trudy
SW 106.4kg 25/7/11
CW 98.2kg 5/9/11
1st Goal under 100kgs-reached 15/8/11
2nd Goal 95kg

GW end August 99kg-reached
GW end September 94kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w1rsNkL/]
[/url]
Losing2day

Postby Downsizeme » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:12 pm

Hey Trudy!

Yeah, have had a bit of a crap day myself. I did what I know I should never do, and that is be too busy to eat, so by the time I could eat at about 3pm this afternoon, I hadn't eaten since 6:30am and I was over hungry, and started grazing..not good. I could kick myself, because I know once I eat fatty or sugary foods, the craving for them intensifies, whereas when I eat more healthy food, those cravings for that stuff seem to go away.

Anyway, no point living with regret, must move on. So tonight I am having grilled thai infused chicken salad, and so is my husband because as we all know, when we ladies are on our diets, so are our men :lol:

[/url]
Downsizeme

Postby matchbox » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:51 am

hi DSM, nice to have you back (well, kind of :lol: ) i really enjoyed reading your posts. like sassy, i'm still around too! :)
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby Downsizeme » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:20 pm

Hey there Matcbox!! I'm in your neck of the woods now (well, not really, but at least I'm in WA :lol: )

Your weight loss is totally amazing! Good to see you still here, can't believe how fast the time goes!

Cheers
DSM

[/url]
Downsizeme

Postby matchbox » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:11 pm

Thanks darl!! I've put on 2-3kg and its starting to make me uncomfortable now - need to loose them again! Where abouts in WA are you? :mrgreen:
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby Losing2day » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:12 am

Keep it up DSM.

I can really relate to the addictive powers of high fat, high sugar foods. It takes me days to get over the cravings of just one binge, which is why I need to try extra hard not to succumb in the first place.

Still waiting for your scales??

Trudy
SW 106.4kg 25/7/11
CW 98.2kg 5/9/11
1st Goal under 100kgs-reached 15/8/11
2nd Goal 95kg

GW end August 99kg-reached
GW end September 94kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w1rsNkL/]
[/url]
Losing2day

Postby Downsizeme » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:28 pm

hey guys, sorry haven't been back in, have been absolutely flat chat at work, training two girls from Taiwan, they have only been in Australia 3 weeks and can hardly speak a word of english :shock: been interesting to say the least!!

Anyway, yes, still waiting for scales. According to pharmacyonline, they have been dispatched, but our post office is 305km's away, so we rely on people to pick up our mail when they come thru, so the scales are currently sitting at Laverton post office awaiting collection. I am nervous as hell to get them, I have a feeling I am even bigger than when I started last time, I just feel it all on the top of my stomach, just so bloated.

I've been trying to be good, but I haven't really been doing that well. I need the scales for motivation..to kick start me..the shock will get me going I hope.

My downfall at the moment is tasting while I am cooking. I wish I could stay out of the kitchen but sadly I am the one who has to cook the food!! haha

MB, I am 305km East of Laverton, on the Great Central Road..in the Great Victoria Ddesert, at the most remote roadhouse in Australia :D

[/url]
Downsizeme

Previous

Return to Personal Progress